November 2013 Babies

Options

Replies

• ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, it's quiet over here!

We should all be second trimester now (or nearly there)...right?

How's everyone feeling? Anyone have a bump yet?
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Due November 16th.

Wishing all a safe and healthy pregnancy.
  • courtneydeewalk
    Options
    I am 14w2d today and definitely have a little pooch. I can tell, as can my husband and if you see side by side shots you can tell.. but im just looking a little chunky to the outside world! Hope things are going well for everyone!!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    15 weeks tomorrow and I've definitely got the start of a bump...my flat stomach is no more. WAH.

But high five to getting energy back this week. I haven't been sleeping super great, but I don't feel like I'm going to pass out standing up any more. And I ran TWICE this week (my current goal...two weekday runs and one long run on the weekends).
  • Julzet
    Julzet Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi All!!! I am 17 weeks and have a tiny bump, but just feel big all over...this is baby #1 for me! Due November 7th!

I ran the Boston Marathon a month and a half ago and took a little rest, but now having trouble getting back into it. Would like to be back in my routine of running.

Congrats to all of you!!!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Ah, Boston Marathon! Way impressive! You're my hero, Julzet!

Since I'm feeling more energetic these days, I'm doing two runs a week and then one long run on the weekends to get me ready for the half I have in three weeks. Then I think I'm going to hang up my distance shoes til post-bebe.
  • Julzet
    Julzet Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck on your half! That will be a great medal to hang in your baby's room :happy:
  • jgrodzicki
    jgrodzicki Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm 18w,3d... due on Halloween per my doc's office though... I've got a very large belly already, but have not gained any weight yet. I'm actually still down a couple pounds from the start, but I started about 10 lbs. heavier than anticipated, so I'm not worried. I have yet to start any kind of workout routine though - which is frustrating. This happened during my last pregnancy, I lose all motivation. Anyone else kind of starting from scratch? Meaning... not very active at all to just starting out? Not sure where to start anymore... walking I suppose... but I really need to strengthen my back muscles too as they are already killing me!
  • courtneydeewalk
    Options
    I'm 18w,3d... due on Halloween per my doc's office though... I've got a very large belly already, but have not gained any weight yet. I'm actually still down a couple pounds from the start, but I started about 10 lbs. heavier than anticipated, so I'm not worried. I have yet to start any kind of workout routine though - which is frustrating. This happened during my last pregnancy, I lose all motivation. Anyone else kind of starting from scratch? Meaning... not very active at all to just starting out? Not sure where to start anymore... walking I suppose... but I really need to strengthen my back muscles too as they are already killing me!

I'm not starting from scratch per say, but after a pretty rough first trimester, I feel like I am starting over now. Prior to getting pregnant I was in the gym at least 5 days a week for roughly 90-120 min. I was losing inches and certainly getting more trim and fit. My cardio was awesome and I was doing a lot of it. I had gotten all sorts of gadgets and new workout clothes and was really into it. My goal was to get pregnant though, so my husband and I were through the roof when we got our BFP!

MY first trimester was FULL of morning sickness, and if I went more than an hour without eating, I was vomiting. Then I got a pretty terrible virus that put me in the ER for dehydration/vomiting. Soooo, I went to the gym rarely between nausea and fatigue the first trimester.

The second trimester has started not too long ago (I am 15 weeks today), and while the nausea has subsided.. I still feel all around like crap. SO I am just trying to get myself walking the pups and some pregnancy DVDs.

Good luck to you!! :o)
  • ajzmann
    Options
    I'm with you jgrodzicki and courtneydeewa...I was just so darn tired throughout the first trimester that I did very little exercise. My running really fell by the wayside.

Now that I'm getting my energy back, I've been able to fit more runs in each week, and I bought the Tracey Anderson Pregnancy Project DVDs...hopefully this will get me back on track to staying in great shape throughout all this pregnancy.
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    I've heard of the Tracey Anderson Pregnancy Project and thought about checking that out.. but I can't even get myself into a good walking routine, let alone convince hubby I should spend money on dvd's that I may not use.

Every night on my way home from work I tell myself I'm going to toss Owen in the stroller and go for a 2 mile walk... and I always have lost all my motivation by the time I get home. The day just catches up with me, and I get tired I guess.

I just need to set time aside for myself... I know it is possible, I just can't seem to get it done!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    It's so tough to get back into a routine once you've let it lapse. I can completely relate, and still struggle.

I have found that doing my workouts in the morning (when I can get myself out of bed) seem to be a better way to get me to stick to a schedule. I am ALWAYS tired after work, so I know that if I say I will work out at night, that likely will not happen.

Granted, I'm sure it's easier for me now as I don't have a little one running around right now. It's just me and my husband.
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Well I'm sayin' it right here and now.... I WILL get a 2 mile walk in right after work today!! I'll be back tonight or tomorrow to let you know how that goes ;) haha!

My biggest concern is my body not holding up... I haven't consistently worked out in nearly 8 months, and I think my already sore back is my body's way of telling me I need to strengthen it to be ready for delivery in November. I had such a smooth pregnancy the first time around, but all the 'bad stuff' is hitting me so much earlier this time.
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    WooHoo! Well.... I ALMOST talked myself out of it... after getting my son to bed and it was after 8 p.m.... but I did it :)
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I, too, am having a tough time getting motivated to workout. I WANT to....but there's always something else to do. I find myself chasing after my little man outside most of the time & have to push him around in his little tikes truck. We've also managed to go for a couple of walks around town. BUT....the treadmill has only seen me a couple of times since finding out I was pregnant.

I'm 16 weeks today & I had a little "leftover" in my belly - not much....but it's still leftover ;) You can also kind of tell that I have a little bump - but to people who don't know, I probably just look like I ate a big meal! Finally not feeling sick every day, all day. Which is wonderful. I had to constantly eat to not feel sick & nothing sounded appealing. Here's to the second trimester! And only 1 month til I can find out if it's a boy or girl! woo hoo!!!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    @jgrodzicki GOOD WORK! I'm aiming to get out for a run after work today since I didn't get up this morning...fingers crossed. ;)

Sixteen weeks tomorrow...seems like time is moving faster now that I hit second trimester!
  • courtneydeewalk
    Options
    @jgrodzicki- Awesome that you did it!!!

Im hoping once we get a routine down there wont be many days that "i just dont feel like it" But rather that its in the routine, so lets get to it. I took my pups on a good long walk today... I swear they are the only thing getting me outside most days! It doesn't help that the weather is CRAP here.

@ajzmann, I agree with you. I feel like once I stopped getting sick, all day....that this pregnancy has just been trucking along. I am 15w3d, and have my 16w check up next week and then also next week, I set up an elective US. Hopefully if all goes well, one week from today I will know the sex of the baby :o)

Anyone else know or will know soon?
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Well, I didn't go for my run last night, but I DID go this morning, so I'm feeling good.

I have my appointment a week from Tuesday, my next ultrasound isn't until four weeks after that, but my husband and I are not going to find out the sex. We wanna be surprised!

But I'm VERY excited to hear what you all are having!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Welcome H_82! :) Our situations sound pretty similar as I have an almost 21 mos. old little monster and I also had a little leftover tummy!

Ajzmann - Thanks! And it is still awesome that you got it in! I didn't end up doing anything yesterday, but I am pumped to get another walk in tonight!

Courtney - Thank you :) We definitely can help keep eachother accountable... because I'm not going to lie - I thought about you girls when I tried talking myself out of it!! Admittedly at first it was... 'heck, I don't even KNOW them, who cares?!?' - but then I thought, 'I DO want to go back to that board though and I really didn't want to have to say I didn't do it' ;)

I am officially 19 weeks... and while we were Team Green with our first (which was AWESOME for anyone wanting to do it) but this time we have decided to find out. Sooo... I've got 6 more days until I find out!! I seriously can't wait!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Hi gals. Any word on sex??? I know some of you have the scans coming up!

Since I've elected not to find out, I shall live vicariously through your excitement. :)