Introductions

Options

Replies

• Oh_britters
    Oh_britters Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brittany. I've been working out since I was 11. After having a baby, I've had such trouble losing the weight. I'm only 28 but gosh has my metabolism slowed to a crawl. I'm so happy to have found Insanity because it's been the kick in the butt my metabolism needed. There's no way I would work this hard on my own at the gym. I thought I was working out before but let's face it, my 4 miles of jogging and hour of weights everyday was just playtime in comparison. I just finished my 1st 60 day cycle and I'm heading into round 2. So far I've only lost 6lbs since I was fairly in shape when I started. I just can't believe how much easier the Month 1 DVD's seem now. I remember wanting to die in those warm-ups the 1st week but now I can focus on form. I joined this group bc there are still days I want to plank punch the TV screen & quit.
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    Hey guys I am due to start insanity on Monday - tad nervous of what I'm getting myself involved in. Just wondered what people were logging into the exercise diaries on here? Thank you =)
  • ljl150
    ljl150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Laura and I am starting Insanity on Monday June 3'rd. Really excited about it! Would love to communicate with anyone who is either doing the challenge or planning to do it!!
  • Moonangel203
    Options
    Hey! I'm Emily and I started insanity about a week ago, although since I didn't have the schedule at the time (I'm looking online for pdf of the schedule, meal plan,etc) I didn't start otu doing all the workouts in order. Overall tho, I'm really excited to do this.

Tho one thing is concerning me, I've gained approximately 3 lbs since I started insanity. This is very distressing, since I would like to lose weight, but I guess one thing coudl be that before this I was kid of yo-yo dieting (I would eat anywhere from 700-800 cal per day) and I suddenly increased my cal intake to 1200 or more, depending on the amount of cals I burned for each workout. Could someone tell me if this is normal or if I need to alter my meal plans? Thanks a bunch!
  • shawk2013
    shawk2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Shannon and I am 29 years old with a 3 year old and was having a hard time finding time for herself those past 3 years... Well I'm here now and ready to get my post baby body back!

I have heard wonderful things about INSANITY and am ready to DIG DEEPER! I am currently on day 12 and loving it! I also do a Tabata Boot Camp class once a week with 1 day of Zumba too!

Feel free to add I love to see how everyone is doing and it gives me more motivation!
  • Jluong40
    Jluong40 Posts: 3
    Options
    HI. I'm Jessica. I'm a 42yr old mother of 2. I'm staring Insanity this week tomorrow. Just took the fit test today, though I was going to die! How are you liking insanity so far? Any results? I am not unfit, but certaily struggled through that test, so I am a bit concerned that the video will be very overwhelming! Looking to give and get support to get through this!
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! My name is Shamah, I just turned 29 on June 3rd , I have 2 kids, work, and go to school. I tried P90X and loved it but I was gaining because I gain muscle very easily so decided to stop and try Insanity since I heard it's more cardio and sounds fun. I will be starting it today. I'm scared but I have to do it. I've been on this plateau for a couple of months now and I'm ssooooo ready to start losing again. It's going to be pretty hard to cut out sweets completely again. I'll let you know if I pass out or throw up after the workout tonight LOL :)
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Please add me if you're still doing or have done Insanity! :) I tried to add a couple of you but I'm at work so I can't stay on. Please add me :D
  • loompalicker
    loompalicker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    During these next two months I will also be building up my running endurance from 1.5 miles (now) to 3-4. I plan to run 3-5 days/weeks and also lift weights 2-3 days per week. I am trying to keep my diet as clean as possible and avoid processed foods, especially sugar. Alcohol is my biggest weakness. :-S

I consider myself to be moderately active as I run 3-5 days a week (4-5 miles, trying to increase distance and speed gradually). If I have the time (and space in the gym..grr) I try to lift a couple times a week. Since I started Insanity, I thought it was best to focus on that and give running a 60 day break. I just started Insanity this week, today being day 3. I wanted to shake up my metabolism by switching up my exercise routine (which is also what I try to do when I run, randomizing the speed and incline).

Ok, so with that being said, I am curious if I should continue running while doing this. How did your experience pan out? Would you run before or after Insanity? And, did you just do a steady easy run or did you go hard?
  • ShabokaMegz
    ShabokaMegz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Megan, I'm 27 years old and am just finishing up week 2 of insanity. Naturally haven't lost any weight but seem to have gained muscle. 8o) I have already lost a few inches off my waist and am looking forward to more. This is my second try for insanity. I kept skipping days and forgetting it out right. I'm doing well and am loving how I feel when I finish the days workout. Well minus the super sore burning muscles. I'm looking for friends so if there's anyone out there send me a message. I'd love to chat about it all.

Oh and tad bit more info. I'm a stay at home mom of a 2 year old who is just now getting around to losing all that baby weight. I'm 5'5, 165lbs, 37inch waist...I have a long way to go to get back to my pre-baby/fit as a fiddle military body. I'm looking forward to it.
  • ShabokaMegz
    ShabokaMegz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How's your workouts going? DId you second fit test get any easier? I'm on week 2 and loving it/hating it haha.
  • abneys
    abneys Posts: 30
    Options
    My name is Stacie and I'm 30. Working on my master's degree so I've done some Beachbody programs before, but only during the summer. I'm hoping to get back in shape and learn to eat right again. I'm just about to finish week 4. Cannot wait to have a 'rest' week and then power through month 2.
  • kayladawn31
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kayla. today is my 3rd day of Insanity....and its kicking my BUTT!!! :) Excited to continue and see exactly what potential my body, spirit, and will power has in store for me. Im 31 years old and have 2 beautiful boys (10 and 4 years old). Work as a dental assistant. Would love to hear from people that was in the same boat as me and came out the other side. Maybe a little bit of advise on how to push through the incredible sore muscles and fatigue I am currently experiencing.
  • Varshadhumale
    Options
    Hi, I'm Varsha and I'm 21. Today is my fourth days of Insanity. I've done the program before but was never able to get to the second month. It seems much harder now then it did back then. I will definitely complete the program this time. The hardest part for me is to get up and workout the next day because my muscles are so sore from the previous days workout. I am studying MBBS right now in India and its really hard to keep up with these workouts because of I have exams almost every other month. So I thought a group might help me to push myself. I am really excited to go through with this workout!
  • k_lace
    k_lace Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am Keisha and this will be my 2nd go at Insanity. I started it last summer and while I did not do it everyday like I was supposed to, I had phenomenal results. Unfortunately, I stopped. I lost 15 lbs in a couple of months and gained it all back by the winter.

My Fitness Pal is the most awesome app ever! I have lost 5 lbs just by watching my food and exercising 3 times a week. I am ready to go INSANE again. So I will start again today! I am excited.

Let's do this ya'll! Woo Hoooooo
  • k_lace
    k_lace Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Marlene. I want to encourage you. My name is Keisha and I am 42. Here is a tip. Pick a time to do the workout either morning or evening. I do it in the evening because there is no way I am getting up early. Just can't maintain that realistically. I workout right after work. Straight away. I don't cook first or anything. Now Insanity's workouts start out from 30 - 40 minutes. Small amount of time in the scheme of things.

Now, this is my second time taking a crack at this myself. I am on week 1, day 5. I have been faithfully doing it all week. Now...my philosophy is I go at my own pace. I don't try to keep up with everyone else in the dvo. I am not in that good of shape yet. I do all the reps I can and if I can't do anymore, I take a break. Then I try to get a few more in before that set is over. I am not hard on myself for not keeping up. I am realistic about this weight loss thing. Pardon my french but, "I ain't no spring chicken". Ok? So I am more focused on showing up than anything else. Over time WE can do this thing.

Hang in there and just show up. Even if when you get the DVD in and have your workout clothes on (and you may not FEEL like doing it). Do what you can and over time you will get stronger and stronger.

JUST SHOW UP.

Oh yes....I have used MFP faithfully for about a month. I am brutally honest about what I eat. While I am not perfect with my eating, logging EVERYTHING I eat and drink has caused me to modify and adjust my eating habits....for the good. I have lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks. I was only exercising 3 days a week and just started Insanity this week. I give most of the credit for the weight loss to eating much better than what I had been doing previously.

So good luck to you.
  • alysslyss7
    alysslyss7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Alyssa and I am 24. I recently graduated college and am in a stand still in my job search (art education), so I have some time to kill, and a body that needs to get in shape! Over the course of my last 3 years of college, my body went haywire and put on at least 20 lbs, and quickly (I have the stretch marks on my thighs thanks to thank :( ). This is partly due to hormonal imbalances (and one of these days I REALLY need to go to the doctor to be sure I don't have PCOS, because I have multiple aligning symptoms), but I can't do much to fix any imbalances too easily so at the most I can care for my body the best that I can and hope for the best.

So in comes Insanity - which is what I started a week or so ago. I am now into week two and have seen 2 inches lost on my hips and my waist, and 2.5 lb weightloss. I am absolutely thrilled by this! I am about to finally break out of the 150's and finally be into the 140's. My goal weight for the end of insanity is 123, though I would be completely satisfied with at least 130. But my ultimate weightloss goal is 115-120. I am 5'2", so that is completely doable for my body type, as back in my swim team days when I was in my best shape, I was a healthy 112. But I understand my body's changed quite a bit and if I can live the rest of my life fluctuating around 120, I'd be content!

So far insanity is intense. I have to take breaks quite often but I find myself getting further and further each workout, and the stretches that I could barely balance in the first day, I have no problem with now. My only problem with some of the workouts is the amount of stress put on the wrists. My wrists bend back no further than the average "namaste" hand pose you may see in pictures (so not a right angle), so anything with pushups tends to require me to switch between shotty accommodations, because I still haven't quite figured out the best way to go about it all.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to browsing around posts here and seeing how other people are doing on Insanity! I will mention that I'm not following the nutrition plan, but am staying devoted to keeping an eye on my calories and other intakes, and staying hydrated. I used to have the worst diet, eating out a lot - but eating at home makes it so easy to make sure you're not eating too much! Though, Insanity sure allows you to eat quite a bit, I've just now worked it out so that I'm not up at 11PM trying to add in my final 200 calories for the day :)

Oh, and some days I ride my roadbike on the bike trail as well and then stop by the gym to do some strength training.

So that's me & what I'm up to!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Feel free to add me for support and help! I'm not a professional but i've been doing this for a long time.
    I've been logging everyday for 325 days now, diaries available too.

I've completed many programs like : Insanity, P90X, Body Beast, 10 minutes trainer and working on Focus T25 at the moment.

I do many other things too...Including martial Arts (HAPKIDO).

So feel free to add me.... More friends = more motivation.... let's help ourselves to get in a better shape :)

Take care
  • Feelnfab266
    Options
    Hi Y'all! I started Insanity almost 3 weeks ago with my boyfriend and I can't believe how much stronger and how much energy I have. I weighed myself on day 1 and was at 148 lbs. I am 5"5. I am not weighing myself anymore as I am going on how I feel and how my clothes fit. I find that we put too much importance on the number on the scale instead of how we look and feel. I can say that in almost 3 weeks my tight skinny jeans have become looser skinny jeans and I am excited to hopefully be able to buy a few new pairs in a smaller size by the time this is over! Good Luck!
  • blobbintobangin
    Options
    hi im Dayna-Maree..ive just started insanity today..i have alot to loose..its going to be hard but i need to do it