Hi...lets say hello

Options

Replies

• ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks all...yes I wont give up...continuously doing 30 day shred..4 days gone...monitoring my step counts with goal of 10000 daily n achieving since last 3 days...will continue for 15 days and then will make it 12000.
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @ Chet - That's nice. I too wanted to do one C25K but had to give up initially due to my heavy wt. Am thinking of doing it after I lose another 5 KG or so.

@ Shuba - Nice. Motivation should come from within.. or perhaps from Johnny Walker - Keep Walking ! :P
  • cashcash12
    cashcash12 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone :-)
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    Hi Prakash. Welcome to the desi group. So, introduce urself pls.
  • ShubhaBansal
    Options
    I am continuously exceeding my carb count. Kindly suggest how to reduce on the same.

Good news: I was able to fit myself in L size dresses then XL. Though there is no weight loss.
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    I presume its carbs from your regular meals. You can reduce it by having more fibrous food. Prefer peanuts/cashews/almonds over cookies, steamed sprouts over chips/fast foods.

If protein intake is more, then the 'craving' for carbs will reduce. This may/may not be true - but it works for me. You can try that method.
  • pratimaram
    pratimaram Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Shubha: I think that is absolutely WONDERFUL news!! That's great! Sometimes the body changes in ways that a scale cannot measure. Bottom line: we really don't know what is going on with our bodies. We can feel different, we may even look different, and we definitely fit into our clothes differently than before. These are all signs of change!! So expect more changes. But, not ones that a scale will tell you.
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome Prakash
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Shuba: I had a very quick look at your diary and have these observations in addition to what AdviDaddy suggested. I realised when I started using MFP how many carbs/calories there are in our Indian breads: Chappati, Paratha, Poori etc so I've reduced how much of these I eat as well as other Bread. I have not completely eliminated these things and I am not going to but reducing them has helped me reduce my carbs. For example, I may sometimes have 1 chappati and some rice instead of the 2-3 chappatis I had
    before.

I think if you go through your diary and look at which items are consuming the most of your carbs then try to make some small modifications where you can it will all add up to helping to reduce your overall number. That's what I like about MFP is you get visibility into the things you can take action on.

Hope this helps.
  • ShubhaBansal
    Options
    Yeah i am monitoring my carb intake now...i think this may help me.

If comfortable, please make your food diary public. It will help others in analyzing different different indian food intake combo which can be consumed.
  • cashcash12
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am from ooty but I now live in Hyderabad. 37 years old. I was very fit all my life till I started working in the Night, I work for a MNC ,I went up to 81 kgs ,36 on my waist .
    Both my parents Have BP and are diabetic, Upon my dad’s advice I started to work out in the Gym & In 6 months I came down to 68 kgs with a six Pack, I am committed to keep my work out going and aspire to keep my six pack even after 60yrs lol.

looking forward for all your spport .
    I try to keep it simple always :-)
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic. A good example of keeping it simple and achieving great results.

Do share what you did in those 6 months (apart from working out in the gym) that helped you.
  • cashcash12
    Options
    HI Chet,
    I keep watching a lot of Youtube videos and follow them.
    I read articles in webmd.com.
    I work out hard and it's crazy hard :-)
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    That's uber cool man! Congrats!

Yeah.. do share what you did - like - what you saw on YouTube, what you did day-in and day-out, something like that. Share some gyaan.
  • LazyRunner_2212
    LazyRunner_2212 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I am 28 yrs and 6'1" . My highest weight went upto 115 kg in feb 2013. Since then I have started working out and tracking my calorie intake. I was 93.1 kg this morning. My goal weight is 85 kg (as of now) to get into normal BMI.
    Just completed C25k.I can now run for 35 minutes without break. I was able to do it in 4 weeks! Next goal is 10k.

1720121.png
  • walk2120
    walk2120 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Looks like so many of us has same problem of figuring out calories of our daily food. Here, in USA, store bought items and most of the restaurant has nutrition value available, but eating out or eating prepared food is not a healthy choice. How can we find a proper calorie value of home made Dhokla and Khaman and Handavo? Or do we have to give it up forever?

@Chet, I have started C25K this week. How is your program going?

@singhanurag, Welcome! How much weight did you loe doing C25K? Just asking to get inspiration.

All the very best wishes to new comers of this forum and let's do this journey together.
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    @ Anurag - That's great. Congrats! Well.. I am yet to do my C25K. Hope to do it after shedding some wt.

@ Walk - Hey there, well.. we need to ask some Gujjubhais about Dokla & all :P . Anybody from Gujrat? ;)
  • malaykhanwalkar
    malaykhanwalkar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happy to see an Indian Group on MFP :D.. I have recently downloaded the app and found it very useful. I have come to know how much less protein i used to eat everyday and my carb levels were above my required number. Useful tool to check our biggest enemy- calories

I intend to lose 10 kg's so that i can call myself LEAN. :)

Also my two cents - there is a cardio workout called Insanity.. Its great and very tough. Useful when it is raining outside and you wanna exercise !
  • LazyRunner_2212
    LazyRunner_2212 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    @walk2120 - I lost 5 kgs during C25K. I was doing it 3 days a week and weights on other days.
    @Advi - Thanks and all the best!
  • AdviDaddy
    Options
    @ Malay - Welcome to the desi team. We are equally excited to meet our fellow desis. :)

Well, most of us are aware of Insanity. I can't do Insanity due to my overweight issues. Will take it up at a later stage when I shed some lbs.