Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... at least we aren't this person (hopefully no one on here is. :flowerforyou: )

vZsQ3.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/e9IlY5L
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I just finished W6 D1 . Nearly got ran over by an old man leaving his drive way. One reason to wear a bright pink t-shirt and bright blue shorts. I want to be seen by these people. Strangely enough I think it was the same man who thought I was nuts for walking in the rain yesterday.
    This happened to me at a stop sign the other day. It was still daylight and I was right in front of the dude! He was in a Mercedes so I probably could have sued him for a lot, but I'd probably have choked him to death instead for ruining my progress. I don't need broken legs with two 5K runs coming up this fall.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    W6D3 complete! I got up early this morning to do my run before work and felt so fatigued I knew it wasn't going to happen. Not just sleepy, but that deep muscle fatigue like when you're sick. Ended up going into work a little late. Can't say I felt particularly good by the end of the day, and I knew this was going to be a tough workout, but I decided to give it a try anyway. I usually just run from my house but since I was driving home from work I parked at my church & ran from there just for a change of scenery (it's out in the country and I live in town). I can't say I felt amazing during it, but I finished it and set a new Best Pace (and that felt amazing). I'm ready for Week 7!
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym to do W4D1 today. I didn't want to wait for the heat to give. Now, I'm a little mad at myself. Treadmills are great and all but I struggled with the last 90 seconds of the last run. I keep thinking that I only finished because the treadmill made it easier somehow. I'm proud of myself for finishing when I really just wanted to stop. However, I don't feel satisfied with myself today. I guess I can prove myself wrong on Wednesday for W4D2.
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Went out last night after work to do a 5k and it was awful. It was a really hot and sticky late afternoon and I couldn't get my head in gear. Gave up at 2.5 miles and decided I would rather just walk the rest so gave myself a mental beating for giving up so close to the end. Decided when I got home to turn it into a positive though and thought that it was 2.5 more miles than I was running just a couple of months ago.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Set the alarm for 6, woke up at 5:30. Completed W5D1- slightly slower pace than pre-op, but feeling pretty good!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1!

My kid was freaking out that he had to run 25 minutes until I pointed out that we had already run 24 minutes on Saturday (since he borrowed my phone, got to be in charge, and missed the cue LOL)

Our pace is grueling and slow at 4mph, but at least it was consistent. I'd like to get a little farther on our next 25 minute run, though.
  • ennuifreezone
    ennuifreezone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I finished w8d1 last night, and it was tougher than I thought it would be. Something about those last three minutes really did me in, but at least I finished! You guys are so right about it being more mental than anything.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... at least we aren't this person (hopefully no one on here is. :flowerforyou: )

vZsQ3.jpg

:laugh:
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1 complete. Nervous about Day 2. Dreading Day 3...

Lesson learned for the day: Running shoes are muy importante.
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Week 7, D1 done. 3 miles including WU/CD in 35 mins. I think by the end of this I'll actually be running the 5k in the allotted time which is awesome.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    W5D2 completed!! I did 0.6 miles on both 8 min runs, which I know is slow, but for me, it's amazing and more than I was expecting. It was a little humid out, but not too hot. The first run was down a gradual decline of about 0.3 miles but the second was flat so I know it wasn't all gravity :smile:

The bottom of my left foot was bothering me but I think it was more of the shoe being tied funny or the sock or something because I don't feel it now in bare feet.

Planning for the 20 min run on Thursday. Hopefully I won't be checking in from the ER. :laugh:
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Finished c25k this morning!!! Yeepiee!!!! On to 10K.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Yay! Well done!

Good luck with 10k :)
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Week 6, Day 2 down!

My daughter woke me up ridiculously early today. I do not appreciate 4am wake up calls, so I was seriously tired as I headed out the door this evening but hey, contrary to popular logic, a run around the park perked me up no end and now I'm off to clean up the kitchen, pack away the toys and whistle while I work.

I heart running.

:happy:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

That rocks! You are awesome. Way to go!
  • likitisplit
    Options

vZsQ3.jpg

This person needs to slow down. LOL.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Set the alarm for 6, woke up at 5:30. Completed W5D1- slightly slower pace than pre-op, but feeling pretty good!

Great job getting back out there!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I went to the gym to do W4D1 today. I didn't want to wait for the heat to give. Now, I'm a little mad at myself. Treadmills are great and all but I struggled with the last 90 seconds of the last run. I keep thinking that I only finished because the treadmill made it easier somehow. I'm proud of myself for finishing when I really just wanted to stop. However, I don't feel satisfied with myself today. I guess I can prove myself wrong on Wednesday for W4D2.

You finished. End of sentence.

You don't get demerit points because one 5k race is flatter than another or points off because it finishes downhill. When you cross the finish line after running 3.1 miles then you've completed a 5k. We all come up with really creative ways of beating ourselves down and convincing ourselves that we are not runners - let's just stop. I really apologize if I sound harsh, I'm just feeling really slow today with my race times.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    W6D3 complete! I got up early this morning to do my run before work and felt so fatigued I knew it wasn't going to happen. Not just sleepy, but that deep muscle fatigue like when you're sick. Ended up going into work a little late. Can't say I felt particularly good by the end of the day, and I knew this was going to be a tough workout, but I decided to give it a try anyway. I usually just run from my house but since I was driving home from work I parked at my church & ran from there just for a change of scenery (it's out in the country and I live in town). I can't say I felt amazing during it, but I finished it and set a new Best Pace (and that felt amazing). I'm ready for Week 7!

Good for you for pushing through that. Are you eating enough carbs?