New Weekly Check In (week 6/17- 6/23

Options
vhuber
vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
Did my 2nd fit test then Walked 2.5 & rode 7.5 miles on my bike! A GOOD day!! (had to edit up my bike ride:happy: )

1st test 2nd test

switch kicks = 62 64
power jacks = 65 68
power knees = 100 119
power jumps = 44 52 ( these were NOT pretty but I jumped!)
globe jumps = 14 14 ( stayed the same :grumble: )
suicide jumps = 28 30
push-up jacks = 34 44
low plank obliques = 36 43

I tried to post this with spaces but it would not let me, sorry!!

Replies

• teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Did my 2nd fit test then Walked 2.5 & rode 6 miles on my bike! A GOOD day!!

1st test 2nd test

switch kicks = 62 64
    power jacks = 65 68
    power knees = 100 119
    power jumps = 44 52 ( these were NOT pretty but I jumped!)
    globe jumps = 14 14 ( stayed the same :grumble: )
    suicide jumps = 28 30
    push-up jacks = 34 44
    low plank obliques = 36 43

I tried to post this with spaces but it would not let me, sorry!!

Awesome job. You did great. Nice improvements.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    6/17

At work today I injured my right shoulder and tore some ligaments. I will be seeing an orthopedist next to see how severe the damage is. It may take up to 6 weeks to fully heal. I was having a lot of fun with Insanity. I may end up starting over on Day 1 depending on what the orthopedist tells me. The doctor saw today gave me discharge instructions of no lifting, no sports or exercises, until seen by and cleared by an orthopedist. Being in an arm sling sucks. Keep up the great work everyone and awesome job on the fit tests I have seen so far. You all are doing awesome.
  • vhuber
    Options
    6/17

At work today I injured my right shoulder and tore some ligaments. I will be seeing an orthopedist next to see how severe the damage is. It may take up to 6 weeks to fully heal. I was having a lot of fun with Insanity. I may end up starting over on Day 1 depending on what the orthopedist tells me. The doctor saw today gave me discharge instructions of no lifting, no sports or exercises, until seen by and cleared by an orthopedist. Being in an arm sling sucks. Keep up the great work everyone and awesome job on the fit tests I have seen so far. You all are doing awesome.

Ohhhhh My that is horrible!!!! I know if it was me I'd be very upset! I REALLY hope the second opinion is better than the first!
    But until then please be kind to yourself & do what the good doctor says! There WILL be time for Shaun T later!!!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Fit Test 2
    Prior test/measurements in first column. Some small progress in reps after 2 weeks. No appreciable difference in measurements.

Switch Kicks: 68 70

Power Jacks: 45 50

Power Knees: 60 64

Power Jumps: 29 37

Globe Jumps: 6 7

Suicide Jumps: 15 15

Push-up Jacks: 20 21

Low Plank Obliques: 15 19

5' 10" no change : )

163 pounds 165

Body fat % 28.08

Chest 40 41

Waist (belly button) 37 36

Hips 39 39

L Thigh 22 21.5

R Thigh 22 21

L Calf 14.5 14.5

R Calf 14.5 15
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Wow vhuber. Some very big improvements.

teamryan. Very sorry. Take care of yourself and don't come back too soon and risk re-injury.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    6/17

I hope you recover soon. Sorry to hear this happened and I hope it is not too serious. Listen to the doctor and I hope for a speedy recovery for you.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    6/17 Power 90. Another day gone by and I am feeling better and better each day physically and emotionally. Eating healthy and exercising sure makes a huge difference. Thanks again Coach Ryan for bringing this into my life.

Thanks again to everyone else for your support. You all rock.
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tai Cheng week 7 is easier than the previous 6 weeks. I've lost inches everywhere but my waist.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Fit Test 2 Results:
    Switch Kicks: 54 -> 72
    Power Jacks: 39 -> 49
    Power Knees: 63 -> 90
    Power Jumps: 25 -> 36
    Globe Jumps: 7 -> 10
    Suicide Jumps: 6 -> 13
    Push-Up Jacks: 18 -> 23
    Low Plank Oblique: 20 -> 26

I feel good.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Great job everybody for PUSHING yourselves to do better & taking the time to improve your health! Soooo proud of you ALL!!!
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Took a mini vacation.. and still Insanity. Did my workout in the hotel room, so proud of myself.
  • beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    6/18
    Tony Horton Ten Minute Trainer Yoga Flex. Awesome job to everyone on your Insanity fit tests. That makes it so motivating to see how much you all have improved and for some of you it has only been a few weeks. That is awesome. Keep up the great job everyone.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    6/18
    The swelling in my right shoulder has gone down a lot the past 24 hours. I have an appointment on Friday afternoon with an orthopedist. I hope I can get the clearance to workout on lower body. At least I can walk and get some exercise in daily. I am missing the Insanity and the soreness.

Great job on fit tests. You all are doing a great job. Keep it up and keep digging deeper.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    6/18
    The swelling in my right shoulder has gone down a lot the past 24 hours. I have an appointment on Friday afternoon with an orthopedist. I hope I can get the clearance to workout on lower body. At least I can walk and get some exercise in daily. I am missing the Insanity and the soreness.

Great job on fit tests. You all are doing a great job. Keep it up and keep digging deeper.

That is good news that the swelling has gone down. Keep resting it Coach. I wish you a quick recovery. I know how much you were looking forward to Insanity. Enjoy your rest while you can.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    June 18 Power 90
    I look forward to pressing play each day now. No questions or negative thoughts at all going on in my head. I start thinking of my workout and how much I am going to improve that day. I psyche myself up and it seems to work. I weigh in again in a few days. I believe this week will be my biggest loss yet. This is sweet. :smile:
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm here..I'm here. Yesterday the 18th, I did Turbo Jam. Tonight the 19th I plan on doing Turbo Jam as well. I took pics lastnight to compare for later. :)
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    I did Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit last night and will do cardio recovery tonight. I know it is only 2 weeks but looking at my marginal improvement versus the great improvements others made in the same 2 weeks has me a bit down. I am drenched in sweat after the workouts and quads are still holding me back from doing all the reps. Hopefully the quad strength will continue to build up. I am going to start summer tennis Thursday nights so will be falling one day behind each week or skipping rest day to keep up with the schedule. Haven't decided which one yet - probably keep the rest day.
  • gopherfan53
    gopherfan53 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just finished 2nd fit test and the improvements were very drastic. I attribute a lot of that to how exhausted I was during the first one. I had a friend count both times in case I was tempted to count faster haha.
    Switch Kicks: 67 to 61
    Power Jacks: 38 to 39
    Power Knees: 42 to 71
    Power Jumps: 23 to 27
    Globe Jumps: 5 to 10
    Suicide Jumps: 2 to 11
    Push-up Jacks: 9 to 11
    Low Plank Oblique: 16 to 25
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Down 1.8 lbs this week.
  • vhuber
    Options
    I figure IF you are doing something pretty darn active the day you HAVE to miss your scheduled workout then you are not going to mess up anything. You are moving, getting the fire stoked & burning cals what more could you want?:wink: Just jump back in where you missed! I have some health issues & have to watch myself so some days it is just speed walking but the next day I really try to bring it! I had to do that today cuz yesterday was a walk day but today I did back to back Insanity & rode my bike 10 miles!!!

Good job on the improvements & the weight loss! I have NOT weighed but my smallest jeans fit purrfect!:wink: