Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 done! I found it much easier than Day 2. I feel so good the mornings I get into work and know that I've already got my run in the bag for that day. I really can't believe that I look forward to my runs now. Can't wait for the weekend and starting week 7.
  • addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Finished W 3 D 3 today.:smile: I am really enjoying it but am kind of nervous about the days to come.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    So I finished C25K at the end of April and then took a little break from running and was doing 30 Day Shred. I realized I actually missed running (who would have thought !?!?) and re-started C25K this week. I am just doing it over again to increase my speed. The first time, I was only "running" at 4.5mph because I was pretty out of shape. Now I am working on "running" at 5.0mph and so far so good. I did W1D1 and it was pretty easy even with the increased speed. So the second day I did W2D1 and still no problems so I'm thinking the next day (probably tomorrow) I will do W3D1 and see how that goes.

Anybody else finish and then try it again to increase speed/distance? I am just doing this because I don't know how else to go about it I guess. I tried just running as long as I could at the faster speed and only made it about 5 minutes.

Me! I did it last year and was just trying to finish it. I was running 16 minute miles at the end. I'm doing it again this year and am working on getting faster. Just did W7D1 yesterday and am just under 13 minute miles, which is still slow but a big improvement from last year.
  • MrsJ1105
    MrsJ1105 Posts: 34
    Options
    I finally did W1D3 yesterday. I've been so busy, I have not had time to do it like I want to. I plan to get back on track by doing W2D1-3 by Sunday so I am back on schedule and ready to start W3D1 on Monday. Is this a bad idea?
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Completed week 7 day 2. I found it a little easier than day 1 so I must be improving. I was a little faster but not much. Day 3 won't be till Monday now.

I'm think of repeating the whole program again once I've finished because I'm so slow, and try to do it faster. Has anyone else done this ? Does it work? If not how do I go about increasing speed? . I'm running a 15.50/16.00 min/mile......very slow!!
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well, I wrote my post, and then decided it would probably be better as a blog entry. At any rate, I completed W5D1 last night, and it went very well. I'm ready to move to W5D2!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    After reading everyone's W5D3 posts, it's finally my turn. I did it! And lived to tell about it. :bigsmile:

I was sore after a strength training session with my trainer yesterday but the five min warmup helped. Went out this morning and went straight down the main road in my subdivision. It starts off on a gradual slope down so the pace was good, but then I had to make an effort to slow it on flat ground and the inclines. I made it 1.55 miles without stopping. I was hoping for 1.5, I'd done 0.6 miles on both 8 min runs on Tuesday. If my math is right, it works out to a 13.3 minute pace which is phenomenal for me and my fat. Of course it was a long walk back :grumble: but it felt good.

I'm very happy to have that out of the way. It's definitely more of a mind game than a physical one. I wasn't sure if I heard the "halfway there" comment and didn't want to look at the timer. I did pick up the pace a bit at the "one minute left" comment - and it was a long minute. But I did it. Me. :happy:
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and started C25K a few weeks back. I didn't know if I could run, still weighing over 325 pounds when I started, but I was looking for a new challenge and picked running. For the record, it is the hardest thing I have ever done but each and every run is also extremely rewarding. I use Rundouble, if that matters, and so far I have been able to run every second the programs has asked me to run which is amazing to me.

Anyway, ran C25K W4D2 last night. My D2 pace/distance was slightly less than that of my D1 pace/distance. I have learned that some days you just seem to go a little faster than others - I am not sure whether that is due to heat, or time of day, or how tired I am, or all of those among others. So I don't put to much stock in the slower pace - regardless of my distance I still feel the exact same afterwards - like I can do anything if I only try.

I am excited to get D3 in this week so I can hit W5 next week - it looks to be a monster!

YEY KEVIN!!!!!!

I have been an avid reader of your blog for a while, I'm super excited that you started C25K, and that you're posting in the group!!

Sounds like you have this completely down - slow, slower when necessary, and some days even slower than that :)

W5 is awesome - after W5D3 you feel UNSTOPPABLE.

I'm just about to start W7 and I'm still thrilled that I can actually run for 25 minutes, even if my pace is dreadfully slow!

I have found a parkrun a very short distance from me that is free and meets each saturday morning - my only problem is that out of 250 runners last week, the slowest was 38 minutes - YIKES.

So I guess I won't be running my first competitive 5k for a while after I graduate, I don't want to finish last by 10 minutes :(

Thank you very much!

I will be thrilled if I am ever able to finish right now. It is very rewarding and I can't wait for the challenges that lie ahead.
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tuesday I completed W5 D1, tomorrow W5 D2. So far so good. Actually accelerated on last minute of run on W5 D1. Really cool.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done!

Bit of a struggle as it was really humid. Plus I always find running in the evening after work harder than first thing. After saying all that, once I got the first run out of the way it wasn't too bad, the last run was definitely easier than the first!

I'll do D3 on Sunday (we're going on holiday on Saturday so we'll be travelling) and I might just repeat W4 while we're away as silly as it sounds, I'd rather do W5 on home turf!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    After reading everyone's W5D3 posts, it's finally my turn. I did it! And lived to tell about it. :bigsmile:

I was sore after a strength training session with my trainer yesterday but the five min warmup helped. Went out this morning and went straight down the main road in my subdivision. It starts off on a gradual slope down so the pace was good, but then I had to make an effort to slow it on flat ground and the inclines. I made it 1.55 miles without stopping. I was hoping for 1.5, I'd done 0.6 miles on both 8 min runs on Tuesday. If my math is right, it works out to a 13.3 minute pace which is phenomenal for me and my fat. Of course it was a long walk back :grumble: but it felt good.

I'm very happy to have that out of the way. It's definitely more of a mind game than a physical one. I wasn't sure if I heard the "halfway there" comment and didn't want to look at the timer. I did pick up the pace a bit at the "one minute left" comment - and it was a long minute. But I did it. Me. :happy:

Congrats!!!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Just finished W6D3. I skipped W6D2 because I didn't feel like doing the intervals anymore. I wanted to skip to the straight running. Weird. Haha. It's supposed to be really hot this weekend so I'm trying to figure out when to do W7D1. Normally it would be around 10 or 11 or sometime mid-afternoon, but those are both going to be too hot, so I'm thinking about getting up around 6 or so and going back to bed for a little bit afterwards.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    W6D3 down and done
  • vet272
    Options
    Repeated post
  • vet272
    Options
    Completed week 7 day 2. I found it a little easier than day 1 so I must be improving. I was a little faster but not much. Day 3 won't be till Monday now.

I'm think of repeating the whole program again once I've finished because I'm so slow, and try to do it faster. Has anyone else done this ? Does it work? If not how do I go about increasing speed? . I'm running a 15.50/16.00 min/mile......very slow!!

Firstly, well done! I'm slow too. I'm in two minds as to whether
    A. repeat the programme runniing the 'walk' bits and faster for the jogging or
    B. follow the 10 k programme and improve over distance

Thoughts anyone?
  • angelnectar69
    Options
    I am on Week 2, Day 3..this is actually going better than I had expected!

I would like to ask, Does anyone else have Knee issues and is doing this?

My issue is a torn acl and I really would like to get input as to how it is working out for them and what to watch out for. :smile:
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    7-2 down :)

I felt like I was jogging a lot faster today but nope, still 4mph. MFP won't even count it as jogging, I have to log it as brisk walking. I will say that it felt easy so at least I'm not working too hard for it (if it's possible to be a lazy runner, then that's what I may be). Of course, I have my kiddo still keeping pace and he does tire out after the first mile.
  • resilient86
    Options
    tonight I wrap up week 3! Sunday I will start week 4.

I took two days off between W3D2 and today because my left ankle has been killing me. I went back to the running shoe store and found out they had me in a shoe that wasn't giving me the support I was supposed to have! They've replaced them so I'll be wearing my new shoes (prof pic!) tonight.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Completed my 3rd Week 8 run. I'm not sure if I will go to Week 9 and get it over with or do one more run since the first run was a failure. I made it through the last 2 though. Hmmm...We'll see what the weather looks like. My daughter and I are doing the Dirty Girl Mud Run tomorrow so that should count for something. LOL
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is my first time chiming in but I just finished week 2 and will be starting week 3 on Monday! My first 5k is scheduled for July 20th in my home town. I will only be at the end of week 6 by then but I am hopeful that I can stumble my way through it. I will probably bring up the rear with all of the elderly and people pushing strollers :laugh:

One thing though is that I live at just under 5,000 feet and the 5k takes place at 800ft. I have myself convinced that it will be much much easier up in Ohio than it is here in the southern Arizona mountains!