Like Minded Lushes - July 2013

Options

Replies

• crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    All your stories are hilarious! Started my day off just fine too. Robin, glad you finally got some sleep too.

Lushy 4 day weekend. 10 nat lites yesterday, but I did major housecleaning and furniture moving so that offset it.
    Wed night was 8.
    Tonight, who knows? Suppose to go to friends Liz and Wayne so there will be lushness going on. They will be moving back up north on the 24th. I will miss my best friend terribly. But am happy she will be with her family and grand babies. Wayne's going whether he likes it or not. lol

Have a great rest of the weekend!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Not so lushy yesterday..1 glass of wine.
    Lots of food though. Need to get in a workout.
    Hope you're all lushing away! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    watermelon and vodka yum!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ashley, I have surpassed my 12. :blushing: However, I will be zero's until Wednesday.

My 4th of July party was a super success. We had a nice group of about 17 people. I made ribs, chicken, Italian sausage from Chicago, burgers and hot dogs. All homemade sides to include potato salad, baked beans, fruit kebabs & baked apples. Drinks were plenty. Lots of yummy leftovers for the next day.

The only injury was my son burned his eye with a spark from a fire work. He recovered after 20 minutes and was back out.

We played "bags" or "*kitten* toss", music and dancing on the deck and the hot tub was a-bubblin'

I slithered off to bed at 10:15 without anyone knowing because I didn't want them to feel like they had to leave. THANK GOD - I was cancelled from work the next day. I wanted to be a total slug but worked on the landscaping project that's in the works.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Quite the stories I had to catch up on :tongue:

We had a small gathering of about 6 people on the fourth. Played Cards Against Humanity (best card game ever) and of course drank lots. So yesterday when the guys came to redo our floors I was not feeling 100% . I was stuck upstairs while they did the floors so I had a liquid lunch of 2 beers then much later at night had this premixed rum drink I picked up at the packy. Finally went to bed after 3 so I had been up from 6am-ish to almost 4 am but somehow wasn't dead tired. I have strange sleeping habits. Guys got back here this morning between 7:30 and 8 and are finishing the last floor downstairs. No more carpets :bigsmile: the guy said we could have cleaned the family room carpet as much as we wanted but the stains were in the pad. A white carpet with 6 animals and entertaining often doesn't work out so much.

As far as animals running away, our black lab and one of the mini dachshunds get out occasionally and run around the neighborhood :noway: luckily it's two cul de sacs and they're a couple of dummies so we lure them back with the shaking of the bag of treats or the mini dachshund stops to bark at the neighbors fake deer haha.

Today we're supposed to go to a cook out, we shall see if it happens, I wouldn't mind just staying home and being lazy. Monday husband goes back to work and I will go back to my consistent work outs and better eating :happy:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds like a great party, Kim!
    Kat, I bought that card game for my son and sent it to him in college. They love it!

I'm hungover. I drank way more than I have in a long time and feel like old man butt crack today. :noway: Time for a few 0's
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Oh my witty lushes - I about died when I read about the dog barking at the fake deer.

Sydney - zeros are on my plate today as well. I've seen a lot of ol' man butt cracks in my day and 'ewwww is all I can say.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    It's a hilarious and terrible game all at the same time SoCal. People get laughing so hard :tongue: And nisi yeah our Sfinx is a nut, I burst out laughing when husband had come back with him and said he caught him because he stopped to bark at the fake deer.

We went to the party yesterday, I had beer and sangria so I was feeling pretty good when we got home to watch UFC. At home I had water and a few glasses of this Malibu pre-mixed delicious drink with some fizzy water to cut the sweetness. Downed my bottle of water early this morning then got a little more sleep and feel good :smile:

Husband is being a crazy man and out golfing in our 90+ degree and humid weather. Beasts and I are staying cool in our central AC and I'm going to get some laundry and other house work done.

Happy Sunday all :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHAHA!

10 Friday at L & W's
    10 Sat before my first attempt at making hickory slow smoked turkey and chicken. (Was GOOD!)
    Today.......maybe a couple or three. Worky worky tomorrow!

Everyone have a great week!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    0-Saturday

going for another today
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Got back from a wonderful weekend down in south jersey! Wasn't gonna drink today but ehh its still the weekend so I cracked a dogfish head 60 minute and we'll see where it takes me ????
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Nice to have found this group. Thanks Robin! It is 4:07 PM on a warm Sunday afternoon. Time for a glass of white wine and celebrate new addition to the family - grand baby girl.

Renny
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Rebel - congrats on the new baby. I would be drinking because it belongs to someone else and not me!! LOL

Saturday - 0
    Sunday - 0

Holding out until Wednesday my friends *fingers crossed*

Kat - my dog chases cars. They will stop and get out of the car and then he jumps in the passenger seat. He is absolutely obsessed with cars. He will sit in the car in the driveway for HOURS even if the door is open. Nut job that he is.

I bought a new bed frame today and hope that the cat does not use it as a scratching pole since it's make of fabric. We currently have a enamel iron and I hate it. Sometimes, I feel like my head is in the bars. Hmmmm, padded headboard might just come in handy afterall.

Rode me bike to the furniture store instead of driving and then came home and walked the dogs. WINNER, WINNER
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Welcome Ren! And congrats on the grand baby :flowerforyou:

I'm having some red right now...as Kate said it is still the weekend :smile:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    welcome renny!

lol kim..cant use handcuffs with a padded headboard tho :glasses:

another zero for me. I feel so much better.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Oh dear....I was nowhere near my goal of 12. I probably drank close to that much on the 4th but who was counting? I drank nearly every day last week, but did so relatively moderatley most days, excluding the 4th. Felt like crap for half the day on the 5th, but rallied, took a long walk with my kid and shopped along the way. Was a nice day. I had some unexpected drinks yesterday as a friend from out of town stopped through for about 5-6 hours. We had brunch and mimosas and then some beers. Luckily I didn't continue drinking after she left and instead chugged water. This week I have events Friday and two Saturday so am going to shoot for 12 again. I need some 0's during the week. Have a great week lushes!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Oh, Syd, you kill me....:wink:

Wow, 2 zeros in a row and I am starting to feel like a normal person. I went to the grocery store at 7:30 since they cancelled me from 0700 to 1100 this morning, and was one of a handful of people. It's nice when no people are there.

I picked up an extra shift tomorrow and we will see what that brings.

Shooting for my 3rd tonight. I'm working from 11 to 3:30 and I think I will do the C25K home and then go to pole at 7:15.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Double duty good for you Kim!!!

Not planning any drinks tonight and I would like to get in a walk or yoga SOMETHING! I haven't done anything since thursday and feel like a slug! I say I'd like to not I am going to because its monday after a long weekend and I's sleepy!!!!

I would also like to get in some zeros this week...let's say 2...good start :happy:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 1 beer
    Sun - 2 beers
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm shooting for 3 0's in a row. I can't remember the last time I did that. :noway: