Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Jeez! The heat and humidity killed this morning! (W8D3 of c210k) I only got through about 1.75 miles when I should have done 2.5 Oh well.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Still going- I find myself frustrated by the whole run 1 minute walk x ammount. i find watching the clock distracting when I need to focus on other things.

Today I just did the walk path instead of the gym. I have trouble keeping count of how many laps I've gone.
    3.58 miles in 51min 24sec.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Still going- I find myself frustrated by the whole run 1 minute walk x ammount. i find watching the clock distracting when I need to focus on other things.

Today I just did the walk path instead of the gym. I have trouble keeping count of how many laps I've gone.
    3.58 miles in 51min 24sec.

That's where a phone app helps- cues you on when to run, when to walk- no looking at the clock.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    W3D2 again, heat and humidity killed me today even though I was out the door by 6:10 a.m. I need fall and also need to somehow get over the mental hurdle that seems to be stopping me on the 2nd 3 minute run about 1/2 way through! Back at it Thursday!! ugh

Slow down. Once I focused on slowing down, my mind and body relaxed, and suddenly I had no problem finishing my runs. And what is really odd is my average pace ended up not even being that much slower.

And the Heat and Humidity is terrible here too. I can't get out until after dark and even then both me and the dog struggle to finish the longer runs.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Week 8, Day 3 done.

Woke up with bad knee pain this morning (no pain when running last night and no swelling but it cracked loudly when I knelt down the night before and a few blood spots have come up under the skin) so I'm icing today and resting the rest of the week.

My 5k is on Sunday. Fingers crossed it gets better by then although it's only The Color Run so it's not timed and we'll be taking it easy.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    C2 10K

W9D2 down and done!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    W7D1 in the book. 25 minutes straight wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. New playlist on the I-pod may have helped. Finished strong with Guns N Roses Paradise City blaring.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 3 done :happy: Felt brilliant to run for 20 minutes. I was so nervous but once I started it was great. Looking forward to Week 6
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    W7D1 in the book. 25 minutes straight wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. New playlist on the I-pod may have helped. Finished strong with Guns N Roses Paradise City blaring.

That would be an excellent running song!
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Finished strong with Guns N Roses Paradise City blaring.

Good call!

Will add it to my playlist now!
  • destructor2013
    Options
    I did W5D2 today. I was dreading trying to do 8 minutes of "running," but somehow I managed to get through it. That in of itself is amazing as when I started I could barely do 30 seconds. Not looking forward to Friday but I am hoping I can do the 20 minutes. That's the first major test for more as there are no walk breaks until the end.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    W9D2 done! Another 3 mile run with a pace of 10:59. Even at 6 AM the heat was UGH!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I did W5D2 today. I was dreading trying to do 8 minutes of "running," but somehow I managed to get through it. That in of itself is amazing as when I started I could barely do 30 seconds. Not looking forward to Friday but I am hoping I can do the 20 minutes. That's the first major test for more as there are no walk breaks until the end.

Slow down and don't think about how long the run is, before you know it, it will be over. You can do this!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    W9D2 done! Another 3 mile run with a pace of 10:59. Even at 6 AM the heat was UGH!

Wow that's fast! WTG!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I completed W7D2 last night. I was slightly slower than D1 due to the higher heat and humidity, but I made it. Running at that temp/humidity may take some getting used too, but I will need to do it if I am going to keep running throughout the summer.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W5D1 done - bit out of sync as I did a W4 run on Monday to get me back in the swing of it after a couple of weeks off.

It went ok although it was really hot and I had to do it after work rather than in the morning (I always seem to have better runs in the morning).

I think on Friday I'll get up even earlier and go before work - the downside is I'll have to take my comedy red face to work with me lol
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just finished W5 D1 and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. W4D3 was a killer. I Wonder why.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think on Friday I'll get up even earlier and go before work - the downside is I'll have to take my comedy red face to work with me lol

I get such a red face! Glad it isn't just me lol
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having a red face, but I'm the antithesis of a morning person. I despise waking up before 9am. I already have to get up at 6 to shower so if I add running, I'd have to get up at 5, and the sun's not always up yet then. I don't feel comfortable running my path in the dark so I'd have to wait which means I'd run out of shower time so I would smell at work... Those are the things stopping me from running before work. :laugh:
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W7 D3 done, yay! Completed without issues, and I actually increased my speed in the last 4 minutes, and then pushed at 9kmph in the last 60 seconds... Look forward to next week, yay!

Also, great improvement because I trained every second day for week 7, something that I have never been able to do before. I always had to keep double rest day on all the previous weeks.

:bigsmile: