BAG END TO RIVENDELL

Options

Replies

• Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think we are kindred spirits. When I read your post, one of my first thoughts was how "nerdy" my kids would think it was and how much I LOVED it! Let your geek flag fly!
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mile 11- Stop in a birch grove, eat a frugal supper.

Or in my case, second breakfast.
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 14.5 Reach Stock Road
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 17.5 I've started singing, and apparently Pippin finds it boring for he yawns.

I'll do another half mile this afternoon to reach camp in a firwood and sleep, but with one eye open. I want to see the fox!
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 24.5 Road rolls up and down.

Sméagol has a girlfriend. They slithered off together as I approached. I think I heard one say, "Precious."
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 32- BLACK RIDER! Hide!
  • AmeliaJ92
    AmeliaJ92 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    42 miles
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Day 1. Journey begins

Over the hedge, through the gate, down the lane and following hedgerows South
    (walk to and from gym, 40 minute 1.7mile incline walk on treadmill) = 2 miles

456 miles to go!
  • yarmiah
    Options
    Day 2.

Crossed The Water and plankbridge AND Crossed The Great Road from Brandywine Bridge,
    entered Tookland. (40 minutes on stair treadmill at 60 steps per minute) = 3.19 miles

453 miles to go!
  • AmeliaJ92
    Options
    44 miles. The area is hilly and Pippin is sleepy. Since I was working out at 5:30am and going up and down hills, I agree with Pippin.
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 40. It's twilight and I'm singing. I tired to do one more mile "and then to bed" but the family needed dinner. Tomorrow!

Yarmiah!!!! You started! Yay! And, hello, Amelia. I can see you just ahead of me on the road.
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 43. Walking with elves. Heard a bird of prey call again today, I think it's the same one that flies off from the backyard some mornings when I open the blinds. I named him Landroval.
  • AmeliaJ92
    Options
    46 miles. End of Day 2.
  • yarmiah
    Options
    Day 3.

Looking back at Hobbiton from slopes of Green Hill country, hard to see from slopes rising and falling.
    (45 minutes on stair treadmill 63-65 spr, plus 15 pullups) = 3.7 miles

449 Miles to go
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 46-Camp - Woody End. A green floor in the wood, roofed by boughs of trees. To the east a steep shoulder falls, and they can overlook the river valley. The lights of the village of Woodhall seen below

Hard to accept that it took me this long to walk the distance they walked in two days.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I'm still going, albeit ridiculously slowly. I sort of quit keeping track of miles for a while as things got overwhelming with school. Based on the stuff I've done the last little while I'm at 316.2, so, not quite four days from Weathertop.
  • Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey, they had nothing else to do but walk. Our lives are just a little more complicated than that! Keep up the good work!
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 52- "Pippin realizes they've turned too far south as they are still in the trees. "
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    323.8 - Continue in valley, 4th day from Weathertop
  • yarmiah
    Options
    Day 4.

Stopped at birch grove for frugal supper. About halfway to Stock Road.
    (45 minutes stairtreadmill = 3.74 miles)

445.3 miles to go