Like Minded Lushes - July 2013

Options

Replies

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    Kat - So sorry about Peanut. It is so hard to put down a beloved pet. Fourteen years is good for a pet. :flowerforyou:

Not much to report on this end just the same old same old.

Wednesday - 1 shot vodka , 2 mini marys.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hello to my beloved lushes!!!

Kate, sorry about the puppy. It is sad. But, a puppy who is put down at the right time is lucky to not suffer.

Hi Bridget!!

Monday, 1.5 margs
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0 - but, after today at work - I should be drinking :grumble: I had to write myself up for a med error which is rare. It's very upsetting since I am usually so diligent.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Aww Kat...I'm sorry. :flowerforyou:

I survived the family reunion. Didn't eat much..had 1 glass of wine...but now after driving home I'm going to enjoy a cocktail or 2.
    Hopefully I will get in some exercise tomorrow.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Oh Kat, I am so sorry to hear about your pup. Its hard, but memories are what keep her alive, enjoy them!!!!

Syd, glad you survived the reunion and hope you enjoyed your cocktails!!!

Kim, I hate making mistakes, it can take the wind right out of you. Even perfect people make mistakes don't be too hard on yourself!!!

Last night I had 3 smallish grape vodkas and sprite zero. I wasn't going to but I was not looking forward to my work day today so I need to relax a bit.
    Slept a little better last night and feel the best I have all week.
    Depending on how the day goes today....my boss is back from travel and he is a D!CK....it could be a couple cocktails at home or happy hour! I'd prefer to stay home and keep my deficit so wish me luck!!!
    Robin, I now have empathy for your work situation. My boss has always been a tool bag but recently he has been down right nasty and condescending and degrading that the thought of him being in the office gives me anxiety. Sometimes I wish he would just fire me so I could more actively search for a new job!!!
    Anywho's, one more day til friday YAY!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes. So only 4 drinks have been had since last check in. I bought some little bottles of mediocre pinot grigio and had one Tuesday. It's much easier to stop when there is no open bottle. And when the wine isn't that good. Yesterday had 2 wines at lunch with my girlfriends, got a massage and came home and had one more big glass. Was about to make a whipped cream vodka and soda, and decided not to and ceased drinking. I have 8 drinks left for the week and have book club Friday, wedding and concert Saturday.

Sorry about the pup.
    And the d!ck boss.
    And the plant...is that hens and chicks? I saw a friend post a pic of hers on FB, and they were actually flowering! We just planted a bunch in our yard more as a groundcover and I wonder what they're going to do.

Shooting for a 0 tonight. My goal is to cook at home and maybe get a stroller run in, but I am so easily swayed to dtiching plans and going to dinner and drinking instead. That's the downside of living close to everything....temptation is everywhere!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I have 8 drinks left for the week and have book club Friday, wedding and concert Saturday.

Shooting for a 0 tonight. My goal is to cook at home and maybe get a stroller run in, but I am so easily swayed to dtiching plans and going to dinner and drinking instead. That's the downside of living close to everything....temptation is everywhere!

Good luck with the 8 drinks at a wedding :laugh: But seriously good luck I would never be able to do it!!!
    And I have already been contemplating going out tonight...even after I said I want to keep my deficit. We have a great place that has amazing wings, a great beer selection and awesome happy hour prices. I must not let Lenny know I am thinking about it because he will want to go and then, well we will go!!! :blushing:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    you got that great workout in kate....I'd use that to justify going out. :wink: I'm sorry about your d!ck boss. They really do suck the life out of you. i've had one, and ended up quitting. the husband has had a couple...managed to find a new job with one and transferred departments in another. I hope it all settles down for you. :flowerforyou:

I ended up tossing out my cocktail and almost tossing my cookies. I dunno what happened but I mustve had something that didnt sit well with the tummy. I really didnt eat much yesterday so I can't imagine what it was. But in anycase...I ended up in bed early with no cocktails. I needed it....and feel pretty great after a much needed good night sleep. Workout and errands today. We'll see how tonight goes...maybe some wine.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    you got that great workout in kate....I'd use that to justify going out. :wink: I'm sorry about your d!ck boss. They really do suck the life out of you. i've had one, and ended up quitting. the husband has had a couple...managed to find a new job with one and transferred departments in another. I hope it all settles down for you. :flowerforyou:

I ended up tossing out my cocktail and almost tossing my cookies. I dunno what happened but I mustve had something that didnt sit well with the tummy. I really didnt eat much yesterday so I can't imagine what it was. But in anycase...I ended up in bed early with no cocktails. I needed it....and feel pretty great after a much needed good night sleep. Workout and errands today. We'll see how tonight goes...maybe some wine.

Thanks Sydney! Len and I already talked and decided we should behave PLUS our credit card is getting out of control, so that always tames the beast :wink: so I have already prelogged 3 coctails tonight!!!!
    You poor thing!!!! But I am glad you feel better today!! xo
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the boss Kate.
    Glad you feel better SoCal.

As for me:

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0 is the plan.

My goal is four 0's a week with Friday, Saturday and Sunday being fair game them being the weekend and all.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    KAT, I am impressed!!!!

Oh and I forgot to tell you all.....my boss called this morning and has been stuck in Dallas since 6pm last night :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Don't think his flight will be in today until 3pm :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hello my dear lushes. Did you miss me? Did you even notice I hadn't been around? I just haven't had time to get on the computer at work and I haven't felt like getting on the computer at home. I have been terribly lushy and have basically drank my dinner every night this week.

So today is my last day in hell. I had my interim review yesterday and the 'c' really got mad that I wouldn't argue with her. She really rated me poorly and told me it was because of my "choice" to go to HR. I put a comment in my review stating that it was my opinion that the ratings in this review were biased and retaliatory. But at last I can say it is done!!!!!!

I enjoyed reading the two pages of posts I had missed. You guys are the best. I am hoping that next week when I start the new job I can aim for some zeros.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You all have inspired me with all of the zeros! So I gave myself a pep talk and actually managed a zero on Tuesday. Yesterday was tacos with Darla's sister, her husband and her father so beer was had.

Plan on a zero for today- hoping Tuesday was not just a fluke! :smile:

Oh, and sorry about all the d!ck bosses. I have a d!ck boss too, but he is me... :wink:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I certainly noticed Mama Lush, I almost mentioned it in my earlier post but I have the memory and attention span of a gnat.

We had an apparent tornado here in CT yesterday, it was around my hometown of Mansfield. Someone caught it on video, spooky stuff when that is far from the norm here. Worst weather we get is a big thunderstorm with the occasional winter storm.

On that note it's time to get my bike ride in and Kate I'm pretty impressed with myself haha. Usually when husband asks if I want a beer I say no because I have wine instead so when he has a beer and I have nothing it's a big thing. The night is still young but I think a 0 will be easy and then tomorrows wine will taste that much better.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream vodka and soda on the way to dinner, half bottle of sauvignon blanc there, and annother vodka and soda in the hot tub after. Not a 0, but not too bad. However I have 4 drinks left for the weekend, which I'll use most of (or all) tonight at bookclub. Happy Friday lushes!!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    So here is my tally so far for the week

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-3 grape vodka and sprite zero
    Thursday-3 grape vodkas and sprite zeros, 1oz shot of grape vodka and 4oz of sauvignon blanc. The shot and the wine was just to finish off the bottle :wink:
    I slept good last night...too good that I didn't get up for my jog this morning, sooooo I have to get it in tonight or yoga, depends on the weather. It should be easy for me to get something in tonight, its an overcast day and doesn't make me want to rush home and have a drink.
    Tonight will be some vodka and tomorrow we are going to my parents to swim and bbq, so there will be some drinks but nothing crazy since I am driving.
    Sunday we are hoping to go for a hike and then SUNDAY FUNDAY. Ribs and beer...I am very excited :happy:

Happy friday all!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds like a great weekend planned, Kate. :drinker:

I had several cocktails last night. But also drank plenty of water so I don't feel bad this morning...other than just needing more sleep since I was up way too late.
    Ball game tonite at beautiful Petco park. Lotsa bad food and beer I'm sure
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Natural Lights
    Mon 5
    Tues 5 (was almost 4! lol)
    Wed 5
    Thurs 8

Kat, sorry to hear of your beloved pet. It is hard to go through the grieving process. Hugs..

Congrats again Mama Lush! So glad you get to move on. Best wishes!

KBlue too funny about your boss!!! Nice break from him!

Also nice to catch up with everyone here, too. 5 weeks in..my job is getting smoother, really liking it. Hair cut today, chopped a bunch off...feels good! Friends from Illinois are down here visiting so I am enjoying that. 6.5 lbs down this month. Fiance is behaving well. A friend gave me a smoker and I did turkey thighs and chicken leg quarters with hickory chips; they turned out wonderful. Can't complain, LIFE IS GOOD!! :smile:

Have a great weekend all! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    glad to hear all is going so well for you, crazyc! :smile:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Thanks Cat :smile: Husband and I have a smoker, love it!
    Sounds like another awesome weekend kblue! :glasses:

Here's my breakdown:

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 1 beer with husband close to 1 this morning after he finally got home from work. I guess that could be filed under Thursday but since it was after midnight I say I technically got my four 0's. Also date night so wine in a couple hours.

Hour on the bike in a bit. Happy Friday lushes :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Awesome on all the 0's Kat!!
    I can't remember the last time I did that. :ohwell: