Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot to post. On Saturday, I did week 8, Day 2. It was ROUGH. I made it 2.25 miles.

week 8, Day 3 will be tomorrow AM. I will run again on Saturday and then probably twice more next week. The 27th is my 5K. I'm already really nervous.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 3 done! Woo Hoo! I finish C25K! For this run I just relaxed and ran an easy pace. Still only covered 1.82 miles in the 30 minutes, but I ran for the entire time. Now on to 5 to 10K training and maybe I can actually run 5K one day. :)

Congrats! What 5K-to-10K training program are you doing? I started it this morning (using the Active app, which I used for C25K) and decided I don't like it, so I'm going to try the Hal Higdon version instead.

I used the RunDouble C25K app and am planning to use their 5to10K app. Haven't started it yet though.

That's what I'm using. I completed W1D2 of 5 to 10K this morning. I'm doing the distance version. Run 1350yds, walk 170, repeat 5 times. Total distance 5.09 mi including warm-up and cool down. I thought I was running slower than I did on Sunday, but ended up with the exact same pace.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 3 is officially done!
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am starting back at the beginning on C25K. I graduated in January and have run two 5ks in the meantime (times of 39:45 and 35:45). I've been running on my own over the past six months, and have tried to find some more 'advanced' podcasts that I can use. However I really liked my original C25K podcast (it's the British NHS Couch to 5K).

So, I'm starting over with C25K, but instead of a light jog on my running intervals I'm really trying to RUN. I got through week one, but we'll see how tomorrow goes with 90 seconds of RUNNING! I'm hoping that going this route will help improve my speed.

Any other ideas or hints??
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 3 is officially done!

Good for you, that's a big milestone!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Finished Week3 Day2 with a 12.44 min. /mile pace, my best yet and I was even trying to run slow as I could! Just so thrilled that I am running 3 minutes at a time now. My left shin is really hurting me, so I may have to take two days off before tackling day 3.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Kidfree run today and had my best time yet, a solid 5 mph. oh, and.

OFFICIALLY GRADUATED.

Congrats on your graduation and a great run!!!
  • chantels1
    Options
    Just completed Week 2 day 1!!! Feeling great, like I could push myself a little harder, but I am worried about injury, so I won't do it yet!!!
  • chantels1
    Options
    Finished Week3 Day2 with a 12.44 min. /mile pace, my best yet and I was even trying to run slow as I could! Just so thrilled that I am running 3 minutes at a time now. My left shin is really hurting me, so I may have to take two days off before tackling day 3.

Way to go!!! Great time and with an injury!!! I don't know what I am talking about, but have you checked your shoes or your form to help with the shin pain?
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I am starting back at the beginning on C25K. I graduated in January and have run two 5ks in the meantime (times of 39:45 and 35:45). I've been running on my own over the past six months, and have tried to find some more 'advanced' podcasts that I can use. However I really liked my original C25K podcast (it's the British NHS Couch to 5K).

So, I'm starting over with C25K, but instead of a light jog on my running intervals I'm really trying to RUN. I got through week one, but we'll see how tomorrow goes with 90 seconds of RUNNING! I'm hoping that going this route will help improve my speed.

The NHS website also do a 5K+ podcast - I haven't listened to them as I'm only on W5D2 of C25K but hopefully this link will work and you can see if they're any use to you:

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Couch-to-5k-plus.aspx
  • destructor2013
    Options
    Woke up this morning and was at the lowest weight I had been in 2-3 years. I did W6D2 today and it went fine. Friday will be another "real test" as it is W6D3 (25 minutes of running). We'll see how that goes. Considering I was able to do the 20 minutes last Friday, I'm sure I'll be able to do the 25.
  • tedforse
    tedforse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    On Monday, I decided that I wanted to start running and I ran 8 minutes before feeling maxed out and discouraged. I always hit a wall when trying to run anything more than a mile so I was excited to find this program. I started on Week4Day1 since I knew I could run more than a couple of minutes. It was definitely a challenge but I feel like my goal of running a 5k seems closer when realizing that I can run 16 minutes (broken up) than 8 minutes consecutively. I am excited to progress with this program!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I finished the program on Monday, so today I went out with my son and we just ran the 1 1/2 mile neighborhood loop. Saturday I'm going to shoot for 3 miles, any speed, just want to make sure we can get through it.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning and was at the lowest weight I had been in 2-3 years. I did W6D2 today and it went fine. Friday will be another "real test" as it is W6D3 (25 minutes of running). We'll see how that goes. Considering I was able to do the 20 minutes last Friday, I'm sure I'll be able to do the 25.

Congrats!
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 4 day 1 last night. Run was challenging on all fronts. Ran at night for the first time and chose the wrong route only to find out there were no lights at all. I was so worried I would step wrong on the sidewalk and break an ankle. The tree branches in the face were fun too. :) In all I made it through but with a terrible time. Lesson for me to either run only during light hours or a much different route. We are running (walking as needed) in a 5k on the 26th that I am really excited about and then the big one is August 10th that we are doing all this prep work for. I am pretty excited. I really enjoyed reading everyone's progress on here. Amazing things being done.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 4 day 1 last night. Run was challenging on all fronts. Ran at night for the first time and chose the wrong route only to find out there were no lights at all. I was so worried I would step wrong on the sidewalk and break an ankle. The tree branches in the face were fun too. :) In all I made it through but with a terrible time. Lesson for me to either run only during light hours or a much different route. We are running (walking as needed) in a 5k on the 26th that I am really excited about and then the big one is August 10th that we are doing all this prep work for. I am pretty excited. I really enjoyed reading everyone's progress on here. Amazing things being done.

Good luck on your 5ks. I hope they're lots of fun for you.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Got through W7D1 barely. It is way too hot today
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options

The NHS website also do a 5K+ podcast - I haven't listened to them as I'm only on W5D2 of C25K but hopefully this link will work and you can see if they're any use to you:

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Couch-to-5k-plus.aspx

Thanks Yams :smile:

I have tried the 5k+ podcasts, but there are only 2 - a speed one and a stamina one. Both good, but I can't do them over and over again. Too boring! I wish they had put out more than that.
  • nacole2122
    nacole2122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 7 day 1 yesterday. Distance of 1.58, pace of 15:50 minute mile.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Realized to my dismay that my most recent C25K workout was W7D1 on June 29. *blinkblink* Between vacationing at the cottage, camping, a crazy storm with a 2 day power outage, going biking with DH instead, 2-1/2 weeks slipped by! Did NOT want to make any more excuses, so sucked it up and ran this morning, despite the heatwave. It was 26C; 36C with the Humidex at 7 am this morning. I wasn't sure if I would be able to do the entire 25 minutes without stopping, but I did it! Only 4 more workouts and I'll graduate. Never in a million years did I think I'd be able to do this. And yet here I am...doing it.