I need to get a hold on this soon!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I've been lushy for quite some time....

Camus - the inbetween days...

Haven't even been able to workout because of all the rain .... grrrrr

I need to get a hold on this soon!

Hi msam- must admit I had to look up Camus! A cognac I see. Welcome to the board! Lots of good supportive ppl here.

Happy Friday to all my fellow lushes. Past two days have been a zero so I believe I have to feed my alcohol deprived brain cells. They HATE thinking clearly! :grumble: :drinker:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Epic fail for me tonight. Or , looking at it from another point of view, quite successful in drinking wine. Had to tell someone off today. Fed up and F off, man. Stop being high maintenance, then we can talk.

I better go watch some tv.

Tomorrow I get to kiss and hug my grandbabies. Much much better day

Renny
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, peeps, I am not a saint but thanks for the kind words. Day 2 is always better except they sent my ortho pt to the ortho unit. Then, they gave me a pancreatic cancer guy that I know is going to die very, very soon. It's a new diagnosis for him and he is only 40'ish. He had his first chemo and he's not tolerating it well.

His heart was in a funky rhythm that couldn't be controlled. I had to call cardiology twice for new orders, passed out on the commode trying to go to the bathroom and mouth blisters all over his mouth. By noon, he went to the ICU. Here's my advice, if you ever have pancreatic cancer, DO NOT GO thru the treatment. Chances are 1 to 3% you will survive and you will be so MISERABLE AND WANT TO DIE anyway with treatment. There is NO QUALITY of life.

Friday, 2 large beers at Chammps but I didn't even finish the second.

I was cancelled today and plan to run this morning and have a date day with Ron. He's going to Chicago on a business trip and taking our 2 younger boys since all the family is there. I am sure that some cocktails will be involved. Also, want to get some landscape finished.

I also promise not to crap on about work anymore - it's just been a crazy couple of days.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Amy
    Renny you did what you had to do.
    Kim- you are a saint. It takes a special person to do the things you do so well.
    ms - sorry about all the rain.

One bottle of white last night. It went really well with the huge shrimp we grilled. Holly called yesterday and she is really missing her friends and job in MN. She is happy to be with her sister and neice but it will get on her nerves sooner than she thought it would.

Today will be working on the yard and getting some laundry done. I have been craving pulled pork so I may just have to work on that for dinner.

Have a great day all.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Your grandbabies will cure all headaches, Renny.

I had 0 yesterday but failed on the food front..I ate crap!
    Its frustrating when all my good work during the week gets wiped out in one day of horrible eating.
    Back at it today. Maybe i'll go for another 0.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Kim you ARE a saint for doing that job!

Pulled pork sounds delish Robin.

Good job on the bathroom Wolf!

Tues 5 Natural Lights
    Wed. 4
    Thurs. 10
    Fri. 8 Went out to breakfast with two friends and then we shopped all the thrift stores and antique/art stores in the little town south of us. I was whooped last night!!
    Sat. Good bye party for best friends Liz and Wayne moving back up to IN, will be lushy. Very lushy.

Cheers to all :drinker: Hope your weekend is going good!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hubbys on holidays this week, so we are drinking a lot,, having many a BBQ and by the pool, with drinks in our hands,
    sigh,,,, that's the life!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 3 drinks
    Sat - 5 beers
    Sun - 2 beers
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Friday had 2 big glasses of rose' and 2 pineapple honey vodka and sodas, so pretty good for a Friday. Saturday started drinking at 1, stopped around 1am and hung out with old friends around their pool all day and stayed there that night. Had some cucumber vodka and also some wine that was good and some wine I think I remember helping them pick out when they bought their house around 2005 or 06. It was a 2002 bottle of Groth sauvignon blanc, whic is a great brand, but it tasted a little "old". I drank it anyways. Felt crappy yesterday morning, but rallied and managed some productivity and a little fun too but no drinks. Shooting for 12 drinks again this week. If you don't count Saturday (I counted it as a free day) I was only over by 1. If you do count my Saturday, I was probably over by 11.

Planning on a couple 0's this week hopeflly. I have a Glow 5k Saturday and there is a little festival during the day in the trendy neighborhood nearby, so probably several drinks there. I can run a 5k half drunk right?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    DRINK DRANK DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo lushy weekend. Friday ended up having 5 cocktails and 1 glass of wine while cleaning and cooking from 2:30 to 8:30,
    Saturday, I can not even begin to guess how many drinks I had..it was A LOT and we were up until 5am, WTF...who do we think we are....30-somethings pretending like they are 20-somethings. We all felt like poo yesterday.
    I had 2 1/2 beers yesterday to try and make me feel normal again.
    Sluggish today!!!!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lushy weekend for some- I was there as well. I did manage two zeros last week, going to try for three zeros this week- the operative word being "try".

I can't remember the last time I partied till 5am. Definitely a young person's game.

Have a great week all!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Fun weekend for everyone! I did the 5am thing a few weeks back with my son and his buddies and felt like someone ran me over by a truck for two days. I'm definitely way too old for that nonsense.
    Hope everyone has a good week. I have no plans to abstain form alcohol.. moderation is my friend.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I was pretty good yesterday. I had a couple of wolfberry rum and sodas at the end of the day and that was it. I actually cleaned out my bathroom and thru away a bunch of cosmetics and crap and then I cleaned the bedroom. So it appears as though motivation is creeping its way back into my life. :bigsmile:

I don't remember the last time I partied all night. Ah to be young again. :noway:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes - Saturday proved to be very, very lushy as I knew it would be. I still don't have a hankering for alcohol.

So, I am planning my Octoberfest party...I've got the invite all done and the guest list all ready so if any of my lushy friends happen to be in the Twin Cities on September 14th, you are more than welcome.

Apps will be soft pretzels, with mustards and meats

Dinner will be brisket, Chicago hot dogs, beer brats & some catered broasted chicken with sides of sauerkrat & potato salad. I still need a couple more sides but can't think of anything German'ish yet that fits the bill yet.

Keg of German beer, Keg of Root Beer for the kids - some schnapps ???

Dessert will be Strawberry-rhubarb pie and black forest cake

Our neighbor's will play live music and a jumping house for the kids!!!

BIG, BIG PARTY!~!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Everything sounds so yummy nisi! Should be an awesome party :glasses:

Well mom is gone and I'm alone again in the house :frown: I loved having the company but wasn't as good with booze and working out as I had planned, oops :tongue:

Got lots of housework done today as well as a work out and now a nice fat zero on the booze front. Vacation is the last week of August so I've got some time to de-bloat and lose a few pounds. Shooting for 0's Monday-Thursdays again along with good work outs Monday-Friday :smile:

Good luck to my fellow lushes going for 0's and cheers to those going for moderation or not so much :tongue: have some drinks for this lush :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Amy

Have a great day all.

Thanks, Robyn, feels like home:)

Lushy weekend, Friday went to dinner and had three beers, Saturday went to a comedy show and had 5 beers and sober Sunday! then three beers tonight-Levity, yummy!

Oktoberfest party sounds fun! Great idea. I have an old recipe for soft pretzels if you don't have one you like! It has such helpful instructions like-the dough will become dry and difficult to work-this is as it should be!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Amy send over that recipe to me :happy: I have made 3 batches of homemade pretzel and I am still trying to find the perfect recipe. I like to made pretzels when we brew beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing last night. I am not planning on anything tonight but I am not couting it out either!!!! I slept like poo last night so I slept through my workout so I need to do something tonight...either a jog or a walk to the market?!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Oooh I checked in with this thread at the right time! Amy can I please have the pretzel recipe also? We always have and Oktoberfest also (although we call it "Sausage Fest") and the perfect pretzels are always hard to make.