Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @ ukaggirl : KEEP AT IT!!! The weight will come off, and your results will improve! My biggest noticeable change was in my clothes. I had to go buy a new belt this past weekend because I was already past the 2 new holes I had drilled in it to make it small enough! Yep...I'm cheap :) . I am in my 2nd round of the program, and am really seeing results and more definition. The key thing in the entire program is to push yourself as hard as you can manage. If you find yourself on your hands and knees gasping for air, you know you pushed it.
  • midgar777
    midgar777 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 weeks of Insanity left - here is last year holiday me vs current me.

http://d.pr/i/L8w7

I'm less bloated and have lost a bit of the fat but I can't seem to shift the belly fat :<

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do once I've finished Insanity? I feel like my knees need a rest as they are the part of my body that hurts the most. I was going to consider doing a couple of the insanity workouts a week inbetween some fun stuff like taking up squash once a week and focussing on some simple weight work.

Any advice?
  • sgtbrown
    Options
    I have been doing some of the other dvd's that came with my set (Insane Abs, Max Sports Training, Upper Body Weight Training) to change things up. I have also re-started commuting to work on my bike, and hitting some of the other equipment in the gym like the treadmill on every other day. The fat is still melting off. You will see results if you stick to it in whatever variation works for you.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Well done everybody. I did Day 44 today - don't know what to do afterwards. Perhaps, Ripped in 30? Is there T25 in the UK?
  • Daerias
    Daerias Posts: 5
    Options
    Yesterday was my day 1 on month 2 - it was very hard, but I love it :D

my results + progress https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApgkV8clDED9dGVRYzlScG1wZldyQi04djNxT1MzYUE&usp=sharing
  • sgtbrown
    Options
    Keep it going, Daerias! Good job! No, it doesn't get easier....you just get stronger!
  • nysha145
    nysha145 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Its been really hard for me because I have two jobs and 2 little boys so I get up in the mornings but some times instead of get up 2 hours early to workout eat and shower I just want to stay in bed and sleep in. So I'm in my month 2 week 1 I haven't done the fit test I will do it on Saturday cause I will have more time to do both workouts.
  • sgtbrown
    Options
    It's really hard.....BUT YOU LOST 34lbs!!! Great job! You can do this!
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    This thread has been quiet. I'm on day 11 and I bonked after the stretch (!!) on cardio power and resistance. I paused it and then ate some food and 2 hours later I did a light warm up, unpaused it and finished from the first set of power jumps.

Maybe not totally legit, but I'm counting it.

Sometimes your body just says no. I've been really busy with school and working a bunch of hours of overtime and extremely short on sleep all week. I hung in until yesterday but I'm really dragging. Tomorrow is pure cardio and cardio abs and all I want to do is finish those out so I can take a rest day.

Next week seems easier, Monday is my second fit test so that's a less hard day too. If I can just power through next week, I just have one more week to kill it and then I'm through the first month already.
  • nysha145
    nysha145 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your right that is why i keep pushing cause is working. Thank you :)
    It's really hard.....BUT YOU LOST 34lbs!!! Great job! You can do this!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This thread had its glory days, lol. Maybe I can bring it back. If not, meh. After many days off, I am getting back into Insanity. I mean, I did it off and on throughout the summer, but nothing consistent since I was out camping so often. But that season is mostly behind me. I started Week 1/Month 1 last week, then took the long weekend off, getting back into it yesterday with Plyo Cardio Circuit. I woke up late today and almost gave in to the "There's no time to work out" monster. But then I slapped him around a bit and did Fast & Furious. It wasn't my scheduled workout, but it was something. Gotta start getting to bed at 11:30(ugh!) so I can be up no later than 8. I did this before, I know I can do it again. Some things I'm doing better this time: no eating 3 hrs before bed time, watching what I eat from the start(last time I didn't pay attention til Month 2), and I'm paying more attention to my abs; keeping them engaged right from the warm up. New challenges: Getting to sleep early enough, my feet are getting super sore half way thru the warm up(didn't happen before), and my shoulders are super weak; got down do some pushups and it felt like I was trying to push a car, lol. I gained about 5 lbs back this summer and I found out that one of the first places I gain is my chest. So like half of that has to be right there, adding weight to my pushups. But not for long ;)
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Great job on pushing through it curriee. I did my second Plyometric Cardio Circuit today, and while it certainly didn't feel any easier, I think I did a lot more in-n-outs and those plank oblique things. I burned 40 more calories than I did last time too, so obviously I pushed a bit harder and/or took less breaks.
  • aramintaaraminta
    Options
    hi!
    Im on week 1 of insanity but its not the first time. I am having the same problem i did the first time: great at the exercise and let myself down with the food. I know i am eating the wrong foods and the wrong amount but seem to keep making the same mistakes. It feels like such a waste, im working my bum off in the workouts and yet ruining but eating rubbish!
  • currlee
    Options
    So yesterday was Cardio Power & Resistance and today was Pure Cardio. I took a few breaks, lol, but I love seeing where I'm improving each time. I try to always have a goal; like 10 In and Outs before I take a break. And then next time I try and do a couple more. My first round of Insanity, my goal for basketball drills was 16, now I'm at 20. Or even competing with the people on the screen; knowing that I'm still going and they're taking a break, even if I can only outdo them in that one move, I'll take it, lol. Small victories.
    The only way I can keep a handle on what I eat(and by handle, I mean by the fingertips, lol) is to prep and have things in containers to grab and go. I try to make 3 or 4 huge salads( these usually weigh a pound or more) on Sunday. I also buy a container of cottage cheese and portion it out into smaller containers and thats what goes on my salad instead of dressing. Its super yummy and its a extra source of protein. Then I buy a huge container of plain greek yogurt and portion that out. I eat that with a banana and cinnamon. Again, lots of protein. And I try to have a meat ready and prepacked, about 5oz or so. My biggest challenge is when I come home. I maybe have 5-30min to eat if I want to fall into the 'no eating 3 hrs before bed' window. I found that really helps with my weight loss and with my workouts, since I work out in the morning. So I try to keep it simple: cereal or cheese and crackers or an egg with salsa and cheese. Nothing heavy. But meal prepping is seriously a life saver. You may have to spend an hour or two in the kitchen on Sunday, but it's so worth it to be able to open the fridge, grab one of each container and go. I also keep almonds in my car for emergencies, lol.
  • currlee
    Options
    Also, get a food scale. Its so much more accurate than a measuring cup, I feel. I use it as much as possible.

KATE-> Congrats on your weight loss, btw :)
  • currlee
    Options
    Today was Cardio Recovery. Doing a much better job this time around of keeping my core engaged. I find it makes me nauseous, lol, and that's how I know I got a good workout in. Not while I'm doing it, but after(like now) and thru most the day. Oh, Monday...
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I had cardio recovery today too! Man, those slow squats to held squat to pulse squats make my thighs BURN! Feels good though.
  • fayemal
    fayemal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today was my final day of recovery week ... feeling the month 2 nerves!
  • fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started the recovery week and feeling nervous already. I just read about level 3 drills=16 push up! OMG
  • currlee
    Options
    lol those pushups can be a pain, but they are so effective and they make you feel like a bad *kitten*, lol.
    This morning was Cardio Power & Resistance. This was my favorite workout when I did this before. Trying to remember why, lol. Tonight I did Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio. Did this last night and slept wonderful!