50 Day Binge-Free Challenge

Options

Replies

• SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Physically.. two a day two hour practices for basketball conditioning week xD Nothing like running stairs with someone on your back. Followed by 60 sprints and then running ladders. That was ROUGH. :)

:OOOOOO

That sounds ridiculous! Das cray!
    Another reason I don't play basketball, haha. I reallllllllllllly am terrible at it too....I tried in 7th grade, my Y team didn't win a single game, lol.
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Day 12: Why do you think you binge? Be honest with yourself.

I believe I binge because my body NEEDS food. If I go a couple days eating <1300 or so, I have an incredibly strong urge to eat everything :/ I just need to find a happy medium & get to a calorie intake my body is happy with.
  • sweetlyybroken
    sweetlyybroken Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Day 12: Why do you think you binge? Be honest with yourself

I think I binge 1) So whatever's on my mind (Stress, anger, sadness) gets pushed to the back of my mind by tasting and eating the food. and 2) Because sometimes things in my life feel really out of control (and actually truly are frustratingly out of my control) and it satisfies my need to control something.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Day 12: Why do I binge

1. Stress/feel out of control/disordered in another part of life
    2. Boredom/too much time in the kitchen.
    3. Deprivation if I totally cut something out of my meal plans, I respond after a few weeks by purchasing it at the store and eating a few thousand calories.
    4. I binged yesterday. Not sure if it relates to still feeling out of control but the day after a binge is very difficult to eat on plan. I crave everything and lots of it.
    5. I agree about the taste of certain food helping to push out negative emotion.
  • EllieYuruker
    EllieYuruker Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sorry im only just starting this :))
    Day 12, Why do I binge?
    I literally have no idea, I think I cut everything out and that makes me want it soooo much more
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Day 13: Are you drinking enough water?

I drink a lot of water. About 10 years ago, I had horrible GERD and had a super strict diet and I cut out juice and carbonated drinks. I got surgery which fixed the reflux. Although I eat the foods I had to cut out, I could not go back to drinking flavoured things (other than smoothies or tea). I drink about 10 cups of water a day and more if it is hot out or I do lots of exercising. On days I get less than 8, I get horrible headaches. Once I get them, I find them hard to get rid of even after I get hydrated so I just try to avoid that.
  • EllieYuruker
    EllieYuruker Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im pretty good at drinking enough water. I have a bottle of 600ml and make sure i fill it and finish it atleast 4 times a day x
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to this group this morning and I'm in Australia, so not even in the same time zone, but I'm assuming that I just start off at Day 13 rather than Day 1 and stuff everything up?

So here goes:

On weekdays, when I am at the office I find it easy to drink water because I have 2 bottles continually on the go - one on my desk and the other in the fridge, so I can easily drink 4-5 400ml bottles. But I really have had to train myself to do it, sometimes I slip back to not drinking water (and I don't get thirsty either) and could go all day without drinking any. I find it harder in winter than summer - summer is easier to drink more because of the heat.

Mind you, it is winter now, but the weather is spectacular in Sydney today :drinker:

On weekends I find that I don't drink enough water, sometimes only about 4 glasses. I know I need to work on this.
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options

Ohh yeah. I've definitely worked on this since joining mfp. I'm usually at 14-15 glasses a day now.
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Day 13: What are you doing to make sure you’re drinking enough water? (This is key!)
    Most days I do. I usually carry around a bottle everywhere I go (: A LOT more trips to the bathroom...

Day 14: Do you think your binging is emotional?
    I don't think so. I think it's simply my brain telling me I NEED food. I researched binging a lot, and this is the best explanation I found for me.

I'm kinda slacking! 2 in 1 (;
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Day 14: is binging emotional?

99% of the time yes.
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options
    Day 14: Is binge eating emotional?

Yess. I'm pretty sure it's completely emotional for me. Some major trigger emotions are definitely

1. Stress (usually about feeling out of control)

Stress is probably my biggest emotional trigger for binge eating. Whenever I feel (even subconsciously) out of control, it gives me a way to cope with it and be in control.

2. Loneliness

Feeling alone triggers me a lot. If I'm lonely, or not able to make plans with friends, or feel like I have no friends, it pushes me to have little willpower.

3. Low Self-Esteem

Just in general. If I'm frustrated that all my hard work dieting and working out doesn't seem to be paying off, or if someone makes an insulting comment, or if I eat one bad thing and think I'm a horrible person for doing so.

4. Boredom

After dinner..bored..walking in the kitchen...yup.

5. Anger

Then food is a way to distract myself, so I never want to stop eating. Plus the dopamine released during a binge counters anger so there's that.
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Day 15: You’ve lasted OVER TWO WEEKS! How does that feel?
    I haven't EXACTLY been binge free for two weeks, but I'm feeling so much better. Yesterday I caved in and had a bowl of cereal and then a couple spoons of peanut butter, then my boyfriend came over and interrupted my binging plans. I thought about going and getting a pint ice cream after he left and then I realized I didn't want to binge. He just made me a lot happier & feel good about myself. Seriously I couldn't ask for anyone better in my life. (:
    So maybe I was wrong, my binging might just be emotional?
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options
    ^^ Sarah, I think bingeing might just be a mix of both.

As for two weeks.. Well I lasted exactly two weeks and then snapped yesterday. 1700 cal binge.....yeahhh.. :/

I know very well it was because I went down to a crazy 235 calories yesterday, even though I drank tons.

After dinner I just couldn't. ugh. But I'm not quitting the challenge even though I failed it. There's 35 days left and I'm gonna do them right.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 14, do I think my binge eating is emotional?
    Yes, and yesterday I have a major meltdown. So not only was my weekend binge emotional, but it led me down the path of an emotional H bomb. I felt completely out of control, was obsessing over what I might eat vs what I should eat, and what I bought with me to eat at work. At 45 years old, you would think I had a handle on it, but no. Finally I received an email from my BFF (which was lovely) and I burst into tears, had to leave work by sneaking out via the fire stairs and cried for half an hour...
    Feel much better today, but this was ALL part of the binge...
    *sigh*

Day 15
    I haven't lasted 2 weeks, but I'm on my second binge free day and I feel positive about it and able to keep going.

Best wishes to all, we can do it.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    haven't lasted either but I am doing better than I was in July so I'll take that as a small victory. My goal is to make the next 2 weeks binge free.
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Day 16: Picture of a non-food reward that you enjoy.

I don't feel like putting a picture, but Clothes. I Love me some cute outfits :)
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options
    Day 16: A non-food reward you enjoy..

I really like buying clothes too!

And sometimes I let myself have a light frappucino at starbucks..which I realize is kind of food but eh.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Day 16: Picture of a non-food reward that you enjoy.

Ok, pics are challenging for me, but I love the new clothes that I have been able to wear at my new weight, and going into shops and getting something off the rack is fabulous!

Also, doing my own pedicure and it's easy to reach my feet :) and have the bonus of nice looking toes!
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options
    Guys this video <3 Watch it. Please. It's so powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFuOEA0oKWY

"How I STOPPED Binge Eating".

She's just really open and honest and powerful and amazing.