Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What Kind of Dog Do You Have?

Replies

• mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    I have two wonderful rescues that I adopted from our local SPCA. The older one we adopted when he was 4 years old. He's 6 now. His name is Pretzel and his a Dachshund/Whippet mix. Pugsley, are other dog was adopted about a year ago. She just turned 5. I would love to include pictures of my babies. How did you guys do that?

I followed these instructions: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262875-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-pic-heavy
  • saviarre
    saviarre Posts: 26 Member
    I have a collie/husky mix that I adopted from the local shelter about 6 years ago. She's been my best friend ever since, and definitely the best thing I ever did for myself. Savannah is my confidant, my co-pilot, my walking buddy, my bed warmer, my speed bump, my reason for smiling on days when it doesn't seem possible and my favorite fuzzface.

2v83m7o.jpg
  • ckpointchickie
    ckpointchickie Posts: 1 Member
    I have an Australian Shepherd who is the best friend I have ever had and a beagle-japanese chin mix, who is my comical brat. I also have a cat who is a diva to the max.
  • My baby is a chihuahua & chinese crested mix. He's actually on my profile picture.
    After waiting for 10 years to get a dog, my sister surprised me with this little guy.... He's changed my whole world!!! He's our love bug
  • Whoops!!! How could I forget my 3 kitties?! Butch, E-pod and Terra, thy are my loves
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    I have a toy poodle Bella 8 months and a chihuahua Princess 3 years old. I also have 3 parrots :)

Any pet owners can add me :)
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    I have two rescue dogs, not totally sure about their breeds but from researching online and seeing pics of other dogs I'm confident enough to say that Gracie is a 5 year old dachshund/poodle mix and Merlin is an 8 year old corgi/chihuahua mix.

I also have a cat named Sammy.....I had to have my other cat Boogie put down last Sunday unexpectedly.....so rough on all of us :(
  • tlog73
    tlog73 Posts: 34 Member
    Our dog is a Sheppard Cross...not sure with what but very spoiled and very loved! :wink:
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    i have a sweet, beautiful, way too smart miniature pinscher! she is my heart!!

7295372712_f978c66dec_z.jpg

8137041686_3821860e0a_z.jpg

8100678080_35ea7efb75_z.jpg
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    I have two seniors, a Pit Bull named Josie and a Australian Shepard Mix named Ginger.
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    I have 7 year old Pitbull Luna and a Doberman/Dachshund mix Linus Both are spoiled rotten

Beautiful pittie!!!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and a chihuahua.
  • Fafern
    Fafern Posts: 11 Member
    I have 2 spoiled-rotten Japanese Chins, Suki (11 years old, 15 lbs) and Bailey (4 years old, 8 lbs). Bailey loves to cuddle with people on the couch (he's even taken naps with my mother's cat) while Suki prefers back scratches and belly rubs.
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    I have 2 spoiled-rotten Japanese Chins, Suki (11 years old, 15 lbs) and Bailey (4 years old, 8 lbs). Bailey loves to cuddle with people on the couch (he's even taken naps with my mother's cat) while Suki prefers back scratches and belly rubs.

Fafern, I had a Japanese Chin named Griffin. Before I adopted him at the age of 10 months, I'd never even heard of the bred. He was considered an "emporer Chin" because of his small size I guess. He was between 6-7 lbs. He was the best dog, so well behaved, such a friendly boy, he loved all people. In fact we used to do therapy visits to nursing homes.

Unfortunately, I had to have him put to sleep last April at the age of 5. It broke my heart and I still cry for him sometimes. He had so many issues I can only attribute to backyard breeding- epliepsy, grade 4 heart murmur, luxating patellas; but what killed him was protein lossing entoropothy. Basically he was allergic to protein and his body would mount a defense against it. He was on prescription food, but it only worked for so long. I took him to the UGA vet hospital in Athens, GA in April 2011. He made it just over a year after that. Do yours have any health issues?
  • 1 Beagle - Clementine. She does not kiss (so weird)
    1 Chihuahua/Terrier Mix - Mitzie Lou. She's mommy's protector. See my profile pic
  • kmouse2
    kmouse2 Posts: 93 Member
    I have 2 Vizsla males and 1 blue healer female - all 3 are spoiled rotten and very much loved. We live on a river and all three of them love to swim and play in the water. Life would be so dull without my furkids!?
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    I have 1 Pure breed Japanese Spitz , 1 Mixed breed Labrador Retriever+German Shepherd & 6 Pure breed Askal/Aspin :smile:
  • kellyspring76
    kellyspring76 Posts: 12 Member
    Basset Hound!
  • AltSpeaking
    AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
    My husband and I have 2 dogs - My baby girl is a German Shep/Weim and the little Daddy's boy is a German Shep/Flat Coated Retriever.
  • I have 2 Shiba Inu's