RE: Workouts

Options
LisaMfit4life
LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
Good Morning Everyone! First of all welcome to the challenge! I wanted to find out from those who are participating what type of workouts you plan on doing during the challenge. Everyone seems to be motivated which is exciting! Just post what your doing and I look forward to this starting. Have a great day!

Replies

• MyLittleOwl
    MyLittleOwl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am working my way up from walking to jogging and am hoping to be running by the end of this challenge! Have a great day!
  • sissy848
    sissy848 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am going to be doing The advanced Series from Slim in 6
  • JamieH1984
    JamieH1984 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing a bunch of walking (have a 5 month old puppy that requires - demands - at least a 40 minute walk daily.) I do a lot of strength training too. LOVE kettlebell workouts. I'm hoping to add maybe some running and heavy lifting to my routine too.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Awesome. Thats' a realistic goal too! Can't wait to see how things go.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Wow! The advanced series. That's a great workout. I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    That's great. That's actually the best way to start a running program. I can't wait to see how things progress. Have a good day.
  • GmomLinC
    GmomLinC Posts: 45
    Options
    My exercise goal......at least 4 or 5 times a week I plan on trying to get 1 hour of something in. That something will be any combination of walking/running both outside and on the treadmill, using the elliptical, some strength training, and my personal favorite....WATP videos. I like them because at my age, 57, I feel like I'm getting a good all over workout. I just did a 50 minute/ 4 mile WATP video. I didn't realize when I turned it on, that it was one using hand weights, and the only ones I had nearby were my 5 pound ones. So I did 45 minutes of the video using the 5 lb ones. Afterwards, my arms were burning and I was sweating like crazy! I feel great!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    That's great! I can't wait to hear about your progress!!
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    just as a post in "what are our plans "
    my workout will be:

" For exercise i will go running monday and wednesday evening (i join a running club last year) for about 1 hour and do strenght training with the club. And i will go swimming at least one day (tuesday or thursday) and definitely go for long distance run (5k and more) either on friday or saturday. So I will try to be at least 4 days active."
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    just as a post in "what are our plans "
    my workout will be:

" For exercise i will go running monday and wednesday evening (i join a running club last year) for about 1 hour and do strenght training with the club. And i will go swimming at least one day (tuesday or thursday) and definitely go for long distance run (5k and more) either on friday or saturday. So I will try to be at least 4 days active."

oh and continue the 30 day abs challenge (today is day 14) and starting 30-day arms challenge in september.
  • klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I will continue doing steady cardio that I like to do interval training with on the Elliptical machine since i have one at my house. That is the easiest for me since I don't have to leave the house to work out. I also will continue my strength training, I do lunges, squats, crunches on my weight bench, etc. I also like to throw in some jump rope for cardio because it really challenges me :) I cant get very far with it yet though! lol some days of the week i throw in running or tennis instead of the Elliptical.

However, My main goal is to add in pilates and/or yoga to my routine and keep working out at least 4 days a week, but I'd like to commit to try to do 5! And maybe lengthen my work outs a little bit :) Right now they're typically around 30min. YAY! excited! :happy:
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    That's great and sounds like a great plan! Everyone should include flexibility and stretching for a complete well balanced fitness routine. I'm excited and looking forward to your progress!!:smile:
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I will be starting T25 :) Im very excit:smile: ed!!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! I'm going into my 6th week of T25 it's awesome. I have another group going on MFP for T25 and if you haven't joined it yet feel free to do so. I love this workout and I'm sure you will too! Glad to have you in the challenge and I look forward to your posts in the next 90 days.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to walk between 45 mins to 1 hour 5 times a week rain (usually I stop but going to try not to) or shine. Haven't decided if I'm going to do Insanity again or not or do the Hip Hop Abs. So at the moment not to sure but definitely will be doing something other then sitting on my butt. :)
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! Welcome to the challenge and I'm excited to have you!
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My plan right now is to continue my Zumba workouts two to three times per week plus a 30 day arm challenge (mostly daily) and walking two days per week.

Tanya
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 to start. I'll do some walking for a few weeks after that and then start Jillian's Body Revolution.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Great! Glad to have you in the challenge!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I will be doing JNL Fusion and have my workout calendar created and hanging above my scale. The only time I really have to work out is early in the morning so I told my husband that starting next Monday he needs to make sure I am out of the bed before he leaves at 5:30 am!!

I am excited to start up with everyone!!