50 Day Binge-Free Challenge

Options

Replies

• khannickwechanged
    khannickwechanged Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 binge-free for me, so tomorrow I will pick up where I left off with day 4. :)
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 binge-free for me, so tomorrow I will pick up where I left off with day 4. :)
    good job!

My non food reward would be a quiet bath where I can read and just relax.
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day 17: What have you done so far to keep yourself going?
    Staying busy really helps me from binging, I actually tend to undereat when I have a lot of things going on. I just need something else to focus on that's not food (:
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Day 17: What have you done so far to keep yourself going?

After my binge on the weekend, I had a good cry (total meltdown) and then made a plan for every meal this week, so I would not fall off the wagon, made sure my protein intake was 150g per day to keep me full and just take each day as it comes.

I have found that my binges get less and less, and it's easier to get back on track.

One day I hope to put them behind me once and for all.
  • Ybul
    Ybul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 1: I'm doing this because I deserve better than I'm giving myself at the moment. I need support and I need to be held accountable for my actions, otherwise I can't see myself changing.
  • sweetlyybroken
    sweetlyybroken Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Day 18: yeah no I can't do a cartwheel sorry! I'm an athlete, not a gymnast :P

But I got up and did a set of crunches/pushups/squats.. that's all I got!
  • Ybul
    Options
    Day 2: Also not too keen to have pictures on the internet in a public forum, but my favourite feature (if you could call it that?) would probably be my arms, :)
  • sweetlyybroken
    sweetlyybroken Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Day 19: What is your favorite way to work out?

I love love love playing basketball with people! Top favorite. Then other sports with people. Then biking places like the grocery store or starbucks. I also enjoy zumba occasionally. And walking <3

Ohh and last night, I wanted to binge SO bad. But instead I went downstairs and made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and came back upstairs and ate it. I know it wasn't really low cal but it was SO much better for me than bingeing.
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Day 18: Do a cartwheel, (OR anything else cool you can do physically) and add a photo of it!
    I can do a cartwheel, and a front handspring! But no pictures.........so imagine it :D

Day 19: What is your favorite way to work out?
    VOLLEYBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I could play all day :)

I'm slacking again! tsk tsk
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Ohh and last night, I wanted to binge SO bad. But instead I went downstairs and made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and came back upstairs and ate it. I know it wasn't really low cal but it was SO much better for me than bingeing.

I'm sooooooooo proud of you for not binging (:
  • Ybul
    Options
    Day 3:

A binge for me is typically started with going back for a second snack, even though I'm full. Then eating to the point that I feel sick, my stomach hurts, and I can't sleep.

Writing that out actually really helped; it made me realise that my binges always start with snacks, so now I am aware and can have a bit more alertness around snack times.
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Day 20: Picture after an intense workout! (Doesn’t have to be from today, but it should be!)

I'm not sure I want a sweaty picture of me up on the internet, haha (: But I'm about to go run 2 miles, I'm too tired to do much else. Volleyball 5 days a week is enough work for this girl!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Day 19.. Favourite workout is absolutely WEIGHT TRAINING!! I love it!

I don't do photos, but did a Spin Class this morning and my face was SO red after for about an hour!

Happy Sunday everyone!
  • Ybul
    Options
    Day 4: No picture, but I had a great snack this afternoon: muesli bar along with a gold kiwi fruit (haven't had one in ages; SO good!)

Hope you're all going well! :)
  • Ybul
    Options
    Day 5: My binge foods are mostly sweet, like ice cream, chocolate, biscuits, yoghurt. Other things that I find difficult are cheese, nuts and chips, but sweet things are usually what gets me.
  • Ybul
    Options
    Just realised I should have started so I was on the same day as everyone else. :/ Sorry to mess it up! I'll do tomorrow's post on the right day, I promise! :)
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Day 21: Post your intake today. Are you happy with it?
    2 Rice Cakes with peanut butter, & Coffee for breakfast. A small spinach/turkey/strawberry salad, greek yogurt & cauliflower for lunch. Like 18oz of mixed fruit(omygosh,pinnapple,kiwi,& strawberry heaven) for snack. Chicken and vegetable stir fry for dinner, and a healthy hot chocolate (cup of almond milk, 1/2 tbs of baking cocoa, & 2 stevias) for desert!
    I am very happy with it! & I feel like a weight had lifted off my chest not calorie counting any more (:

Day 22: Give us a picture of your favorite breakfast!
    Oatmeal. It's a toss up between peanut butter banana or the apple pie version..... yummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Day 23: What is your favorite HEALTHY food?
    My favorite food group is fruit. Like I could just eat bananas all day and be happy.

Catching up ^^ (:
  • danifo0811
    Options
    I have been off of this and can't remember where I left off
    Day 23: What is your favorite HEALTHY food?
    I'd have to agree about fresh ripe fruit. I hate when I get fruit and it doesn't taste good.

Day 24: Talk about something you did for YOU today – emotionally, physically, etc.
    I dug up a bunch of weeds along the side of the house. We just moved in (renting) and the yard has not been taken care of. There is garden space all along the house and it is a freaking jungle. I find chaos in the house a thing that makes me feel out of control.
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Day 24: Talk about something you did for YOU today – emotionally, physically, etc.
    Today I took a nap. After Volleyball practice and before my club meetings. I deserved it :)
  • danifo0811
    Options
    I would love a nap. I never understand why my kids don't.

I'm not doing good this challenge. Things have happened (got a job, had to find childcare, grandma had heart attack (finally woke up)) that contribute to various feelings that are triggers. I have lots of days that aren't true binges but I am overeating. Those days I feel like I have more at one meal than I'd planned and when I see the result on my day I stop trying to eat well that day. Like if I'm over my goal by 300, why not be 1000 over. I'm contemplating stopping tracking calories for awhile and try tracking food groups according to the food guide. i'll have to see.