Day to Day - How are you doing?

Options
Sassy_Cass
Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
I figured it would be nice to get a play by play going for those of us who like to pop on and just update each other on what we feel like before, during or after the workouts. I would love this to be a forum where we can encourage one another and really just let it out.

Let's be real, have fun, and kick this in the butt for the next 30 days!

WE CAN!

Replies

• DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    So I completed Day 1 level 1 today and yep I still hate push ups and boy those lateral raisers with a side lunge are killer hehe. Definitely woke some muscles up :smile:
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did day 1, level 1 today too. And I forgot how much I hate lateral raises .. Oh boy those were tough!
    I'm also not as fit as I thought I would be, which was disappointing, but hopefully time will change that. :)
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Day one in the bag! I am further out of shape than I thought - oh well, it was a lot of fun, and with only a couple of short breaks I finished!!!

Quick question, does anyone else seem to use their chest as a punching bag during the windmills? As a breastfeeding mom my chest is larger than usual (almost three bra sizes) and I just pummeled them :laugh:
  • joycea123
    joycea123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Finished day 8 this morning but I will definitely extend Lvl 1. I can do the cardio OK but I still can't even do a modified pushup! I have been doing them off a bench. Any ideas on how to improve? Thanks :)
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Day one in the bag! I am further out of shape than I thought - oh well, it was a lot of fun, and with only a couple of short breaks I finished!!!

Quick question, does anyone else seem to use their chest as a punching bag during the windmills? As a breastfeeding mom my chest is larger than usual (almost three bra sizes) and I just pummeled them :laugh:

Yeah lol. As a 38G, they definitely get in the way.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Day 5 is done. Used slightly heavier weights today which was good.
  • rahgoddess
    rahgoddess Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did day 10 yesterday - second day of level 2 - man the plank cross overy ones are tough! Not sure if I'll ever get the hang of them - had dh try and show me to no avail! :) Will do Day 11 later when my little one is in bed!

Hope you're all still enthusiastic, I know we can do it! :)
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    Finished day 8 this morning but I will definitely extend Lvl 1. I can do the cardio OK but I still can't even do a modified pushup! I have been doing them off a bench. Any ideas on how to improve? Thanks :)

If you are looking to improve your push-ups I would look to increase your difficulty gradually, look at starting an inclined push-up (this generally means that you are supporting more of your weight on your feet than on your shoulders which, to a point, should make your push-up easier). As those get easier, reduce the incline until you are on the floor with the assisted version (on your knees) if you put your feet on the floor behind you it may make it easier to complete. Look to ensure you have good form before trying to knock out several push-ups in a row, that way you are working the correct muscles and not straining.

You will get there.

An interesting article on form: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/02/15/proper-push-up/
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of 30 Day Shred is done.. .I've also incorporated the 30 day squat & crunch challenge with this. Anyone wanting to join in on the squat & crunch challenge let me know!! Hope everyone is coming along fine!!
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    L1D2 Complete!

I remember the first time I did this program a couple months ago and I was tired after the warmup! Lol, Its amazing how much better I can get through it now. Its not the cardio or anything that wears me out but the strength...I am so weak! Push Ups, Squat Presses, and the Side Lunges w/ Raises get me. It will get easier I know, but damn! =)

I am only using three lb weights..I plan on switching to 5 lbs after the first 5 days.

I also run (and by run, i mean a very slow jog) 3-4x a week...so now Im off to run =)))
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    @hayley - well done on day 2 - you are awesome! Starting with 3 lb weights is a great place to begin, for the raises I use only one of my weights (5lb) and combine the effort otherwise I am pooched.

Hope you enjoyed your run! I know what you mean by a slow jog - that is my general pace as well now - it will increase... eventually :smile:
  • joycea123
    joycea123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @Sassy_Cass - thanks for your advice re push ups, I'll let you know how I go :)

Finished day 10 this morning.
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I haven't done real exercise in about 16 months so today I'm feeling that L1D1. I could barely walk or lift my 18lb daughter so I took today off. Might make this a 45 day shred and do every other day for this first week. But we'll see how I feel after tomorrow L1D2!
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I did L1D5 just a bit ago. Whew, those lateral raises kill me every time. I use 5lb weights put only use one on the lateral raises, holding it by both hands. I can tell I'm getting stronger already though, the cardio isn't hurting as much. I'm loving how much stronger I've been feeling lately and it is motivating me to keep going. That and an anniversary trip to Vegas next summer - I want to look hot in a swimsuit I found!
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I did L1D1 earlier tonight. The cardio kicked my butt more than I thought it would and I was already breathing hard in the first 5 minutes but I feel good! I'm hoping it won't hurt too much in the morning because I'm going to try for doing my workout before work, which won't leave very much time between those initial two workouts.
  • LadyLib82
    LadyLib82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi All :) I did L1D1 last night and I'm not feeling too bad right now - though the cardio is not my friend! I dont have hand weights and wanted to get a start on it so improvised with some 1lt water bottles, worked well enough, I can defintely feel it. I'm not enjoying push-ups, I'd love to be able to do them and know if I stick at it I will, but its very challenging at the moment! L1D2 when my little one goes to bed... should be interesting!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ok so i am IN once again :bigsmile:

lets DO IT!!!:glasses:

today was day 1 level 1 i.e 30DS L1D1

thanx Sassy lets see if i can continue without a break :wink:
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    By the way, how much weight r u ppl using

i am using 2kgs i.e 4.4.lbs
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today.

I was out of town and got off to a slow start. I will do 4 days of shred then 1 day of rest to try to make up for that, then switch to my 3 days shred, 1 day rest.

I didn't feel as tired at the end! I think doing 30 miles of cardio in August was a good preparation for shred. It wasn't intentionally planned that way, but I feel great!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Options
    alright, day 3 complete - L1D3 in the books and already I can feel some improvements in my ability to get through the routine. Today I made the decision to focus on the number of reps I am doing in good form as opposed to trying to pump them out in time with the tv. I want to make sure that I am working the right muscles.

@BeautifulMe - first off I want to say a HUGE congrats on your weigh-in today :flowerforyou: you are doing great!!! I know what you mean about having a long pause between workouts (baby making time haha) I was almost one year and that for me seemed like an eternity (I usually play two sports at once throughout the year). I hope that you are getting into the Shred and it is providing you with enough challenge to encourage you to continue with the healthy lifestyle! After my first day of the Shred I almost couldn't lift my little guy (17lbs the last time I weighed him 3 wks ago)haha so I totally understand what you are going through. Just remember, every time you lift you little girl you are doing some exercise!!! Woot Woot :laugh:

@Jenlarson - awesome work on completing Day 5 - I do the lateral raises the same way as you, use one 5lb weight with both hands on it. I figure that way I am focused on form and can get a couple more reps in, I am hoping that throughout this first level I will be able to increase the weights so that I can do one 5lb weight in each hand.

I am confident you are getting stronger each day - stay motivated and you will definitely see some results!

What anniversary will next year be and where are you thinking of heading for the trip?

@Kinzie - How did it go getting the workout in before work?

AM-Exercise_zpsafcb6e8e.jpg

I like to workout during my sons morning nap, that way I get it done and can shower etc and continue with my day. It removes the excuse of "I'm too tired after a long day"!

@LadyLib - great way to improvise without the handweights! That's dedication! Maybe soon you can up it with large cans of soup when you are weightless!!! :laugh:

@Hayaa - I am using 5lb weights for all exercises at the moment but only use one with two hands during the lateral raises (otherwise I round out my back which is no good) I think I might increase my weight for the chest fly exercise, I don't feel that much of a burn with the 5 lb weights... we will see. I am glad that you are back in, I know that you can continue breakless :smile:

@appy - 4 on 1 off sounds like a good idea for easing into the routines, I know that you have what it takes to get through 30 days of shredding it! I encourage you to keep pushing yourself!

30 miles in August is awesome!!!! I'll bet that really helped to improve your endurance and is probably making some of the JM routine a bit easier - WTG!