Day to Day - How are you doing?

Options

Replies

• CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You are all doing a fantastic job, keep it up :D

As for me, I'm still stuck with a ankle injury but I found out that a plank is actually not that bad, doesn't hurt so I decided to do lvl 2 instead of 1, since lvl 2 has more of that. And I was sweating like a waterfall, but it was good and my ankle didn't hurt as much as yesterday. However I still do it in a modified version with no jumping since my doctor haven't given me the green light for those exercises yet so a lot boxing (standing on one leg with weights).
  • LadyLib82
    LadyLib82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    L1D2 done, I found that quite hard work and felt like I couldn't keep up as much as yesterday, which is disappointing but to be expected I guess - it will get easier eventually I'm sure! I hate cardio, I really do. Give me weights any day! I'm still on the improvised water bottle weights, but I've got 2x 2.5kg bags of (homegrown!) potatoes ready to go when I need to up them lol :-)
  • jmunn95
    jmunn95 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. I told myself, "I'll workout after work, I only work until 9 p.m. anyway." Well, of course I didn't end up doing it. HOWEVER, today, I made myself do it! So day two for me was alright. Muscles were screaming during the workout, but I feel alright now. :) How about everyone else? Any moves killer? For me, the pushups are the worst!
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So, D3L1 is complete, but it was a tad bit challenging today, seeing as my lower back is hurting. But, I managed to push through it & glad it is complete, because I almost didn't do it!
  • caramellips06
    caramellips06 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well just completed Day 2 n it went fairly well. Im also going to the gym 5 days week n will do this 6 days n rest on sundays. I just Finished my 10 day cleanse from advocare last tuesday so ill use them measurements. I want to look good at my friend's wedding next month plus im doing a reveal makeover party for my BIG 30th Bday so best wishes everyone
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    "Copied from my other challenge" L1D2 complete! My thighs are killing me but they didnt hinder me as much as I thought the would :D I am proud of myself for doing as best as I could. I think I need to find a waist support because I am pretty flabby and I have a gallbladder scar (fresh as of 08/06/13) that hurts when I try to do the jumping jacks and butt kickers. I am actually pretty excited for tomorrow :)
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - Level 1 done. I do all advanced moves apart from pushups, but I did take a rest in circuit 1 cardio yesterday so my aim is to do it without a 5 second rest today.
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    L1D2 done this morning. I had to drag myself out of bed and keeping pushing through the desire to collapse on my couch but I did it. I despise the lateral raises. My arms feel like they're gonna fall off in the middle of them.
  • homeechez
    homeechez Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So I am slacking and just did L1D1 and I am about to die. I mean I knew I wasn't in the greatest shape, but dang, this was killer. No breaks? For reals?

Needless to say, I am going to be hurting tomorrow!
  • joycea123
    joycea123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's so motivating reading everyone's check ins - well done! I just finished day 11 of level 1, going to stay at this level a bit longer. I really didn't feel like it today but thought of you guys out there doing it too, so decided to push through! Thanks :)
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    It's so motivating reading everyone's check ins - well done! I just finished day 11 of level 1, going to stay at this level a bit longer. I really didn't feel like it today but thought of you guys out there doing it too, so decided to push through! Thanks :)

Awesome work everyone!!! I hope it is going well

@joycea - push it!!! You've got this, day 12 :smile:
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Completed day 4 this morning. I am sore and feeling it. Did not feel like doing it again today but hopefully I'll get stronger. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

@Jenlarson - awesome work on completing Day 5 - I do the lateral raises the same way as you, use one 5lb weight with both hands on it. I figure that way I am focused on form and can get a couple more reps in, I am hoping that throughout this first level I will be able to increase the weights so that I can do one 5lb weight in each hand.

I am confident you are getting stronger each day - stay motivated and you will definitely see some results!

What anniversary will next year be and where are you thinking of heading for the trip?

Just did day 6 (took yesterday as a rest day, biked an hour instead) and made it through the first set of lateral raises with both weights, dropped down to one weight on the second set.

It will be our 5th anniversary and we are headed back to Vegas. We went there for our honeymoon and loved it, had a great time and are so excited to be going back! But this time I won't be overweight. I have two incentives for the trip - one, to look amazing in a swimsuit I have bookmarked and two, to go out to a club with my husband and feel confident. They are seriously what move me every single day.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I was sore sore sore so took off on my second day hehehe tomorro wil b ma second day
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I did L1D3 this morning. The cardio is still killing me. I don't know about any of you but in that last set of abs when she says something about a knot in your stomach I have to rest for a second.

This thread is an awesome idea simply because I feel like someone might notice if I didn't do the workout that day and would hold me accountable.
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Did L1D3! My butt kickers are still weak, the waist belt support really helped with the gallbladder scar pain and I was able to do the jumping jacks today. I didn't want to exercise but because I logged it on my day I didnt want to be a jerk and delete it haha!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @trixie - :drinker: woot woot for pushing through Day 4 even when you were feeling sore!!! That's the kind of dedication and determination we are looking for!!! Just push play and watch the successes line themselves up!!!!! Awesome!!!

Just-do-it-with-fitness-motivation_zpsb57f573a.jpg

You're doing an awesome job - keep up the commitment its going to be a great month!

@jenlarson - day 6!!! awesome, I love that your "rest day" included an hour of bike riding! That's awesome! What a great workout, keep up the amazing work!

:flowerforyou: awesome on getting through the first set of lateral raises with BOTH weights, that is excellent!!! I am going to give that a try tomorrow, you've inspired me!

@Hayaa - bring it for Day 2 tomorrow! I know you have it in you, let's push it the rest of the week, we can get through the shred in its entirety this time, make the commitment to yourself and your success!!!

@Kinzie - accountabilty is what we are here for, bring it every day, don't phone it in and love what you are doing. You've got this - day 4 tomorrow!!!

When you are feeling like you can't push it out at the end during the abs - just take a deep breath and push out another!! You can do it!!!!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I just got home from buying my JM Shred It With Weights DVD. Tomorrow I open the package and do the first wo.
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 4L1 is in the bag.. It was a little bit easier than the first 3 days!!
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    LVL1D2-

I got through it. I was surprised how my feet felt like leaden weights during the cardio. I will have to do stretches at work tomorrow in preparation of working out.

I don't know if anyone else has problems doing crunches, but I have some neck issues. So for the bicycle crunch today I squatted against the wall and brought my knee and shoulder together. I still felt it in my abs. So basically I did standing bicycle crunches... I am less likely to strain my neck that way.

I may not make it through 4 days before a rest day. I am going to take it one day at a time and see how it goes.

I have an mri scheduled for next week so maybe I will have good news soon. rather than muscle relaxers!