Hi...lets say hello

Options

Replies

• manikabaishya
    manikabaishya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have started my weight loss journey 2 months back. I found fitness pal during random internet search and found it extremely useful. It was a happy surprise to find an Indian group here. I have been strictly following my diet and workout plan. Well I have to say that following a diet plan is much easier than following regular workout plans..but I m trying :P....my weight loss over past two months has not been very great lost around 4 Kgs in the last two months. Have to lose 20 more. Wish me luck. Hope to stay in touch n inspired by all the amazing tips and success stories!!
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have started my weight loss journey 2 months back. I found fitness pal during random internet search and found it extremely useful. It was a happy surprise to find an Indian group here. I have been strictly following my diet and workout plan. Well I have to say that following a diet plan is much easier than following regular workout plans..but I m trying :P....my weight loss over past two months has not been very great lost around 4 Kgs in the last two months. Have to lose 20 more. Wish me luck. Hope to stay in touch n inspired by all the amazing tips and success stories!!

Welcome - 4Kg in 2 months is great. We are all in a hurry to get the weight off but it takes time and effort so keep going!
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Indian living in NY. I tend to gain weight when I am stressed(I eat a lot..!!). I gained 14 lbs. since Dec 2012 when I started extremely stressful job. Last week I finally quit could no take pressure anymore. So I am back here on MFP to get those numbers down. I will start with Baba Ramdev's yoga, it helped me when I went India few years back and attended his one week camp, lost 3-4 lbs. in am week(along with diet). Good Luck everyone. We can do it.
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Hi, I am Indian living in NY. I tend to gain weight when I am stressed(I eat a lot..!!). I gained 14 lbs. since Dec 2012 when I started extremely stressful job. Last week I finally quit could no take pressure anymore. So I am back here on MFP to get those numbers down. I will start with Baba Ramdev's yoga, it helped me when I went India few years back and attended his one week camp, lost 3-4 lbs. in am week(along with diet). Good Luck everyone. We can do it.

Welcome Sanya. Yeah stress is pretty bad for weight and I've had the same issues in the past which probably resulted in the weight gain I had experienced. Glad to hear you're free from that. Good luck and well done for already seeing progress!
  • madusm
    madusm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I started my weight loss journey 2 months ago. I have lost 5.5 kgs so far. I am doing this just by eating healthy, counting calories, and working out. I am not on any starvation diets or crazy workout regimen.
    But I have hit a plateau at my current weight and I'm slacking off. I feel like giving up but I know I shouldn't!! I still have a long way to go.
    I want to stay motivated and keep myself on the right track! :)
    Good luck guys!
    Ciao
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Hi,
    I started my weight loss journey 2 months ago. I have lost 5.5 kgs so far. I am doing this just by eating healthy, counting calories, and working out. I am not on any starvation diets or crazy workout regimen.
    But I have hit a plateau at my current weight and I'm slacking off. I feel like giving up but I know I shouldn't!! I still have a long way to go.
    I want to stay motivated and keep myself on the right track! :)
    Good luck guys!
    Ciao

Welcome madusm. You're going about it the sensible way. Don't let the plateau put you off - it means something needs to change to get your body to lose again. This could be calorie intake (either increase or decrease), change your exercise routine, drink more water etc. Also, you'll see here on MFP that people will define a plateau as being when you go for many weeks with no weight loss so if you've just stalled for a short period of time don't worry and just keep going. We all have these patches. Good luck.
  • Fit_Lean_Priya
    Fit_Lean_Priya Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    hi, i am priyanka staying in Bangkok, workout 5-6 days a week and try eating balanced diet
    my weakness are sweets and i am working on my sugar cravings

good to see you all with same goal - to get fit
    Please add me as a fitness friend so we can share goals and workouts
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    hi, i am priyanka staying in Bangkok, workout 5-6 days a week and try eating balanced diet
    my weakness are sweets and i am working on my sugar cravings

good to see you all with same goal - to get fit
    Please add me as a fitness friend so we can share goals and workouts

Hello Priya. Sounds like you're doing well. I too have a sweet tooth and have found replacing sugary things with alternative naturally sweet things works well like fruit. Welcome.
  • Dipayan123
    Options
    Hello
    This is Dipayan. Good to see an Indian group here.
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1st things 1st...i am absolutely thrilled to find an indian group out here! would be amazing to receive support,inspiration and to look at desi food diaries!! :)
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mou :)
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Welcome Dipayan and Mou.
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! could i get any idea as to what u guys eat? i live in a hostel,so i don't have much of a choice really...but,anyways..i often come to about 900-1000 cals per day..and people on here say that's way too low and advice against it! any suggestions?
    if it helps,i'm 20 yrs..a college student..and have about 30 kgs to lose!
    -Moutusi
  • 30lbstoloose
    30lbstoloose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hello to all,
    i am tejal patel and live in US. i am new here. i joined MFP today and so glad to find indian group.
    Since i was a kid, i was always on the borderline of the normal to overweight. somehow i tried to manage it for so long. but after having kids, now i am in the overweight side:frown: To tell you truth, i have been on the diet for the past decade. but my problem is after loosing some weight, i loose motivation as well as interest. i stop excersing resulting into eating more and gain all the weight back.
    Though i always like the idea of tracking my calories, i never really applied it in daily routine. So here i am, want to give it a try and see if it helps! i have downloaded the MFP app on my phone to keep track of calories daily.
    All i need is friends to motivate me through this journey which i always lacked to keep me going and be successful. I request you to please add me as a friend:smile:
    Tejal.
  • madusm
    Options
    Hey guys. How is it going? :)
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    In a positive phase :D How about you ?? :)
  • madusm
    Options
    Hi I am feeling positive as well. I am enjoying every bit of my weight loss journey! :]
  • ChetThaker
    Options
    Welcome to you all. Nice to see more new faces.
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yeah.... so many new faces..

its good............ welcome to the desi group!

cheers!`
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    yeah.... so many new faces..

its good............ welcome to the desi group!

cheers!`
    Cheers :D and Im adding you :D