"I work out!"

Options

Replies

• dconaghan
    dconaghan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    45 min walk with the family at the local car show.
  • beckademic
    beckademic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks Angimom!

I had quite a few slip ups last week and have more fun things planned for thsi week, so I'm just trying not to fall off. Gotta hit it hard!
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    Today's workout consisted of:
    Circuit 1:
    Wall Sits 3x30sec
    Bicep Curls 3x15
    Dumbbell Hammer Curls 3x12
    Bent Over Dumbbell Rows 3x12
    Dumbbell Pullovers (lay on floor, hold single weight over chest, bend elbows & lower over head) 3x15
    Full sit ups 3x10
    Bridge Lift Ups 3x15
    Thigh Muscle Squeezes 3x15 (hold for 10 seconds each)
    Crunches 3x25
    Leg lowers 3x10 each side

Circuit 2:
    Elbow Planks 2x30sec hold
    Hyperextensions 2x15
    Inner Thigh Leg Raises 2x15 each side
    Outer Thigh Leg Raises 2x15 each side
    Outer Thigh Out to Side 2x15 each side
    Glute Kickback 2x15 each side
    On all fours, bring knee out and up 2x15 each side
    On all fours, bring knee out and into elbow 2x15 each side

I'll do cardio on my lunch.
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising guys but too busy to post!! Yesterday I squeezed in a 90 min workout and burned around 600 cals. Go me!!
  • rescue804
    Options
    I burned 331 calories doing Ashtanga Yoga last night. Today is (hopefully) Week 4, Day 2 of C25K after work!
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    What's everyone doing today to shed a few pounds?

This morning I did:
    Circuit 1:
    Wall Sits 3x30sec
    Bench Dips or Dumbbell Kickbacks 3x15
    Dumbbell Stiff Legged Dead Lifts 3x15
    Dumbbell Single Leg Calf Raise 3x15

Circuit 2:
    Full sit ups 2x15
    Bridge Lift Ups 2x15
    Thigh Muscle Squeezes 2x15 (hold for 10 seconds each)
    Crunches 2x15
    Oblique Crunches 2x15 each side
    Leg lowers 2x10 each side
    Inner Thigh Leg Raises 2x15 each side
    Outer Thigh Leg Raises 2x15 each side
    Outer Thigh Out to Side 2x15 each side
    Glute Kickback 2x15 each side
    On all fours, bring knee out and up 2x15 each side
    On all fours, bring knee out and into elbow 2x15 each side

I'm going to do cardio on my lunch again today.
  • Sapphire1812
    Sapphire1812 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Keeping on the band wagon... with an impromptu bike ride on Friday after hubby ringing up and telling me to get my glad rags on as he was on the way home from work. Unfortunately that ride was cut short, as a result of hubby's pedal deciding to cause mischief and fly off!! Lol... we had to turn back and take the bike to Halfords where we bought it back in April, as the nut wouldn't retighten... the thread on the pedal had literally shredded. But thankfully they fixed for free, as that really shouldn't have happened. Anyway's at least we still managed to do 8.22 miles, so all was not lost.

Went out cycling again today (Sunday) and finally did the route that we were going to do on Friday! Thankfully no drama's today and was really pleased that for the first time managed to cycle all the way out (before we turned around) without stopping! Now that might not sound much of a feat... but hill elevation out goes from 60ft, down to about 22 feet, then right up to about 220 feet... so a long steady incline.!

Hahaha... definitely feeling fitter!

MapMyRide shows different calorie burn than this... so not sure which is right or more accuratem but will go with the one on MFP.

Friday: 8.22 miles - 334 cals - 60 mins (approx)
    Sunday: 13.2 miles - 448 cals - 82 mins

Keep up the great work everyone... let's keep zapping these lbs. :wink:
  • gonabfit
    Options
    I've been working out hard guys but unable to post much because I was away at a conference. Im back and just did 45 min walk with the dog and got in a workout on my spin bike last night.

Walked for 1-2 hours in DC looking at monuments and was pretty active the other days as well!

:)

hope you're all exercising hard and eating HEALTHY
  • Sapphire1812
    Sapphire1812 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    More cycling today... glutton for punishment... 11.3 miles after work (75 mins)... circa 410 calories burned according to MFP. MapMyRide... says 578, but will take the lowest one. 32.72 miles since Friday and the most I've cycled in one week. Yay, more hills accomplished that previously I was walking... so a great feeling to be getting fitter. :smile:

Lol, we're on a mission... fantastic work everyone, lets keep burning these calories and zap these excess pounds!! :drinker:
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Looking for an opinion as far as cardio goes. What are your thoughts on 3x60 minute work outs vs. 5x30 minute workouts in a week? Obviously, doing 3 1-hour workouts gets me an extra 30 minutes in the gym every week, but are there benefits to spreading the effort into 5 sessions as opposed to just 3?

I'm looking at either M/W/F for an hour or M/W/F/S/S for 30 minutes. I have a separate schedule for strength training that won't be affected by either option.

Curious as to what works for others, thanks!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    I just finished an awesome workout that made me feel amazing. Burned 1464 calories and did dance, spin, and treadmill. Streatched some too. Going to try for an am workout as well.

As far as the time question... I don't set a schedule for my workouts because I never stick to them... If you have a lot of free time maybe 1 hour at a time wouldn't be too bad BUT if you have a busy schedule you may have to do 30 mins 5 days a week.

I typically do what I can, whenever I can... and try for as many days as I can.

That averages 30-60 mins 5-6 days a week for me.
  • beckademic
    Options
    @dynamitegalxo
    what if you do MWF X30 and T/R X60 or vice versa?

I had a crazy fun weekend but def gained some weight...lots of drinking and eating how i want....i lost some weight since my normal monday weigh in...here are my workouts

Monday = 654 cals jogging and eliptical (yay!)
    Tuesday = 228 cals playing vball

gonna try to get to the gym today and tomorrow before festivities thurs fri sat for a wedding. hitting a 40lb loss is not likely but this is helping me from just letting it all go for weeks at a time. thanks!
  • dynamitegalxo
    Options
    i do my kettlebell and body weight work on t/th because it fits in my schedule, no time to get to the gym for cardio. i think i'm going to stick with m/w/f for an hour and see how that goes!

if you hit it hard between events i'm sure you'll get close to 40 :)
  • beckademic
    Options
    you're good with m/w/f

I didn't work out on the festivities days......i can give excuses but i won't. I just need to stop leaving for days at a time.

Today I burned 665 calories jogging and doing the elliptical. I also did Day 1 of both Squat (50) and Plank (20 sec) Challenges. Just trying to figure out how i want to log them.
  • beckademic
    Options
    Today I burned 883 calories in 203 minutes jogging, elliptical and playing volleyball. I also did Day 2 of both Squat (55) and Plank (20 sec) Challenges.

Plus my butt and thighs hurt SO much from squats yesterday! It made today ROUGH!
  • beckademic
    Options
    is no one posting in here? Is it redundant?
  • dynamitegalxo
    Options
    i'm here to un-redundant this thread ;)

hit all my cardio workouts this week and hit all of my wall sit challenge. no problems with either of those things, but i need to find motivation to stretch at night. i really should be doing it every night before bed, but i have yet to make myself do it at all this month. i'd reeeeally like to be able to touch my own toes. BLAH. HOW DO?

goal for next week is to continue to hit all cardio and strength workouts and add stretching in at least 4 days.
  • beckademic
    Options
    what about setting an alarm/reminder at night on your phone? I'm sure you don't go to bed the same time every night but maybe this will get you into a routine...
  • dynamitegalxo
    Options
    that's a freakin great idea! i go to bed within about 1/2 hour of the same time every night, and i'm good with a morning routine but my night time routine is usually "contacts out. clothes off. flop into bed." haha.. i shall try an alarm!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I'm doing so much traveling these days but I'm keeping up my activities. Trying to refocus on the eating.

Going to do 60 mins on the bike when i got off the bike.