Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs this morning. Then did HHA Fat Burning Cardio and some free weights when I got home. I wasn't prepared for lunch today so I went and got a turkey blt at a local deli. My head was pounding from all the sodium! So I have some salmon cooking now so I will be ready for tomorrow. It smells so good!!
  • fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had little holiday from insanity as my in-laws were visiting us and there was no time or energy left for exercise. I was walking at least 8 hours a day so I had a little exercise. And I was trying to eat as clean as possible. So I did Max Cardio conditioning yesterday and it went really good. My muscle are a bit sore today but it's price I was prepared to pay. I'm going to make some changes this week as I will be working over the weekend and staying in a hotel. Not even sure where to find a gym. I think of doing Max Interval today, Max Plyo tomorrow and recovery on Saturday as it doesn't involve as much cardio. I hope so as it's the first time I'm going to do it. what do you think?
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I recently had to stay in a hotel on a business trip and took my scheduled dvd's and a laptop with me so I didn't miss a workout. I did the workouts in their little fitness room, but actually would have had more room if I had done them in my room. Didn't miss a workout and felt great.
  • currlee
    Options
    Yesterday I finished Month One. I started Recovery Week today. So proud of me! :)
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • eSUNt
    eSUNt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just did Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs for the 2nd time today. So brutal! LOL It's never reassuring when Shaun T's saying how nervous he is for the workout! So I am having a really tough time with Cardio Abs. The part when you are sitting on the mat KILLS my lower back. Its very difficult to not stop every few seconds. Has anyone else experienced this? Will this get better?

Thanks,

E
  • currlee
    Options
    In general, I have to say that Insanity doesn't do much for the lower back or toning the back of your upper thighs. You lose inches and they get smaller, but they never get much muscle tone, which makes sense since this a cardio workout. Maybe add some back workouts with weights a few times a week to try and strengthen your back. Paying attention to keeping your core engaged is important, also, as it will protect your lower back. As the core gets stronger, the pain will lessen. But don't work out thru that pain or you can risk injury. Sit up to give your back a break, then get back into it and in time you will be able to do more. :)
  • currlee
    Options
    Today was day three of Recovery Week, Core Cardio and Balance. I'm feeling it in my legs for sure. Just three more days before I get back to the craziness. Oh boy :)
  • fishnr2
    Options
    Yesterday was start of week 6. Max Cardio Conditioning. It went better than last week so I'm happy with the progress. But I struggle so much with all those planks and push-ups. I added some weight training 4 times a week. And I eat more and more. :D . Went to get some new jeans on Friday and surprise , surprise 2 sizes down!
  • lmissinsanity
    Options
    Pure cardio done! Phew!
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I only have one day left this week, and then I'm on my last week.
    But from some reason I've been completely unmotivated.
    Yesterday I skipped the workout for no good reason, and today I stopped 20 minutes in, just because I wasn't up to it anymore.
    Totally discouraged. So close but yet so far.
  • eSUNt
    Options
    Hi Noamsh,

I feel your pain. I was feeling like that the last two days. Tuesday night was Cardio Power and I half assed the movements all the way through. I was HATING Shaun T. Yesterday was Cardio Circuit and I was dreading it as well (I hate basketball drills). Had no motivation but forced myself to push play. I eventually got into the workout and pushed really hard. I felt great afterwards and was happy I did it. I know sometimes it totally sucks and its not possible to give 100%. But the way I look at it, doing something is better than nothing even if you are only putting in 50% effort. Our 50% effort doing Insanity is a hell of a lot better than the millions out there sitting on their buts eating potato chips (gahhh I love potato chips hahaha).

Keep pushing! You are so close! I'm sure you have seen great results!

~ E
  • Noamsh
    Options
    Thanks for the support E!

This morning I woke up feeling crappy, but determined. Even though I really didn't want to, I started Max Interval Sports Training and gave it all I had. It was awesome!

I guess some days are just harder than others, both physically and mentally.
  • eSUNt
    Options
    It definitely is harder on some days. My motivation ebbs and flows but I just try to push through it. I always feel better when I do. Tonight I start my last week of month 1. I hope to start seeing some serious results in Month 2. Everyone seems to report their best results in month 2. I'm down 6 pounds since I started. What have your results been like?
  • Noamsh
    Options
    So far I've lost 12 lbs and at least 4 inches around my waist (not sure exactly how many since I only started measuring in the middle of month 1), most of which I lost during month 2. Honestly, I was hoping to see more results, but I still have a week to go.
    This week was a huge setback for me, I didn't work out as much as I was supposed to and didn't eat as clean as usual. Hopefully next week will be better and will make a difference.
  • eSUNt
    Options
    WOW those are great results! 12 lbs and 4 inches in amazing! Keep pushing!
  • currlee
    Options
    12 lbs and 4" off your waist?? That's great! When I finished the first time, I had lost about 10lbs and only about 2" off my waist. I'm just starting month two of round two(after a less intense summer) and have lost just 2lbs but an inch already in my arms. No where else, lol. Last time I only lost like 2 lbs the first month so I'm just gonna keep pushing play. I can feel my body changing, the way it moves, the way my muscles respond. And I know that getting up and working out is gonna be the best thing I do for myself all day.
    Today was day one of month two. I didn't have time for the fit test and Max Interval so I just did Max Interval; hoping to do the fit test tomorrow. I felt the warm up was challenging and I couldn't remember any of these workouts so I was concerned. But after the actual workout started, I felt great! I like the month two workouts. I still have to catch my breath and I can't do everything, but I really month two more than month one. That I do remember. I'm excited to push play tomorrow...kinda, lol
  • AllieJade77
    Options
    My First Day Starts In The Morning! 18 And Doing This Workout My Mom Told Me I Was Crazy! Lol
  • fishnr2
    Options
    well, my hubby actually laught at me when I argue with Shaun T and call him names but that's ok with me. I don't really care as I do sweat for myself. So you have to think about all the benefits you going to get from doing insanity. And don't give up. It's hard but you just have to push harder. Honestly my weight didn't change in last 4 weeks but I can see the difference in how I feel and how my body changes. So I don't realy care about the scales. I do some weight training at the same time so I eat a lot. I think like almost twice as much I used to eat before I started. which is really good. I finally can eat as much as I want or even a bit more on some days. I absolutely love it. I have just 2 weeks to go and I'm starting to think what next? what am I going to do when I finish? and you know what I think I will just start it over. Just thinking about how easy (or maybe not) will be the fist week of insanity. Honestly I just think I will be able to push myself harder , do all the push ups, all the jumps and after the 45 minutes I will want more. I'm so pump up today.
  • LeemTHEdream
    LeemTHEdream Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I completed Week 1 of Insanity. This is my second attempt at completing the entire 63 days (first time only made it to Day 9 and got bored). I have this habit of coming back to things I haven't completed, and this was on the list. I am in my last year of Graduate School, and my plan is to complete the entire 63 days before Winter Break (1st week of Dec). I am more motivated than ever. I have 24 more pounds to lose in order to get to my goal weight before I turn 25, March 2014. I'm not going to lie, my body is beyond sore, but when I wake up and look in the mirror it is so worth it:) Stay focused and motivated everyone!!