Leslie Sansone October 2013 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers! It is almost October, and time to be thinking about a new monthly challenge! It is autumn and almost time for all things pumpkin :smile: . Think pumpkin bagels, cappuccinos, and so many other pumpkin infused bites of deliciousness. And having LS DVDs to pop in the player helps us stay strong and fit as we enjoy the season.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs, count also. With the cooler days maybe even a hike or two will show up here from some of our outdoor enthusiasts :smile: . However you get your walk in, join us!

We are a positive, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you happened to find this group during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are always welcome!

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, and inquiring minds sometimes just want to know. So please share if you would like to.

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking the October 2013 challenge together :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I managed 60 miles plus in September- NEVER done so much as in last 3 months, thanks Texasgardnr for organising this and all you inspirational walkers out there. I have a one week Biz trip this month so will aim to match the 60 miles again as not sure what I can do! Also into Autumn gardening organisation so not so much time to get out walking in the afternoons.
  • smalltowntwo
    smalltowntwo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So how many people on here are going to do the October challenge?
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I do a mix of walking and other workouts, like the elliptical or Tae Bo. I am going to set my goal for 25 miles for October.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I didn't make goal for Sept, so I'm going to try for a mile a day, including PT in it. 25-30 here.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Since I'm new to the group...I'm going to shoot for 60 a month.

I'm excited for the month to roll over so I can do a challenge!
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm going to set my goal to 80 for October. I still want to incorporate more walking out side and i've fallen in love with Leslie's boosted walking videos. This should be a good month and hopefully i will exceed my expectations. I still have one more mile left for September and i plan on doing at least 3 today.
  • I've been waiting for this months challenge. My goal is to walk 50 miles in October. I calculated 2 miles a day 5 days a week at 44. So to push myself a little I WILL walk 50!
  • GottaLoveRenee
    GottaLoveRenee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo in! My goal? 2+ miles a day x 31 = 62+ miles, so I'll say 65 for the month! I can do this! Come on Tuesday!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have started a new workout program today (T25) and I do other workouts and take a fitness class, but I can't abandon my Leslie. :)

I'm aiming for 10 hours per week so around 50 hours for the month of October.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

62 miles in Oct.

:smile:
  • Primamd
    Primamd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    60 miles in October
    I'm taking the Walk it off in 30 days challenge with Leslie
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the group and would like to join the challenge for October :smile:

Most of my miles are done on the treadmill but it died on me 3 weeks ago and I've been using the various Leslie Sansone videos on youtube since then. The new one is coming on Monday but, having lost an inch from my hips and half an inch from my waist in the interim, I am going to keep going with the video workouts as well.

I'm aiming for 50 miles a week so will commit to 200 for the month.
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Good Morning- thank you my dear friend texasgardnr for keeping us going:). I bombed again in September but I refuse to ever give up. Congratulations to everyone who met, exceeded or participated in the Sept challenge!

I am going to do Leslie's 30 Day Challenge - I even signed up for Twitter -@tooncesred - but not sure how to use it - LOL. I have been sick the past week so off to find a mild 2 miler to start this morning - still on antibiotics so I don't want to overdue it.

I just watched Leslies's video on her blog ( she is so lovable goofy ) and I think I will forget the scale this month and measure with some American Eagle jeans that I rocked last year - LOL

Looking forward to a new month and walking with all of you! Lets do this!
  • hope3197
    Options
    GOOD MORNING. My walking goal for this month is 60 miles. Which for me will be 3 miles a day. 5 days a week. :-)
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    10/1- 2M Classic Walk w/weight belt

Happy Walking!!
  • SpunkiMama
    SpunkiMama Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    10/1 : 3mile walk

Attempted the 5mile, however... I've been doing Leslie's WATP for so many years, she bores me to tears... I use her walks as my "Warm Up" for my gym classes... I have to use ear buds & Pandora for music,, she talks WAY to much!!

Anyway..Happy Walking.... Ladies!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Morning All,

Oct 1 - 2 Miles (5 Day Slimdown Miles 3 and 4)

Walk, walk, walk!
    :smile:
  • mkmacphee
    mkmacphee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just joined myfitnesspal today so that I could track food and my progress in the Leslie Sansone Walk It Off in 30 Days Challenge. Completed the 2 mile heart healthy walk this morning. Looking forward to a great month of getting fit!
  • smalltowntwo
    Options
    I went to WalMart late last night to get Leslie's new video for the October challenge. I was going to buy the Walk It Off In 30 Days video only, but they only had the whole 30 day challenge kit for about $25 - so I bought the whole thing! I got home really late last night and wasn't able to get up early enough to do Day 1 before I went to work, so I'll be doing it when I get home tonight. My goal for the month is 62 miles.
  • smalltowntwo
    Options
    Welcome mcmacphee! I just got back on board with MFP about 10 days ago and really am enjoy the circle of friends, and their wonderful support, that I've found on MFP. Feel free to invite me as a friend if you like.