Fantastic food finds!

Options
123457»

Replies

• emmaskye15
    emmaskye15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If anyone is looking for some noodles that are very low in calories there are some hand made udon and ramen ones that you can get from most supermarkets in the noodle part they are all in japanese on the outside but on the back they have written on the back umf hand made noodles. They come in a black packet for udon and purple for ramen. 35 calories per bunch and they are individually bunched in serving sizes. Anyonelooking for a carb craving solution these are amazing !!!!!
  • RangiRose
    Options
    This is a lovely substitute for ice cream. A little expensive for family use so tuck one in the back of the freezer just for you.
    http://www.zilch.co.nz/nutritionalinfo.cfm

I like zilch- tastes like a treat and so low cal.:smile:

I also love Cruskits, esp with feta/spinach humous or salmon and tomatoe-great for lunch..
  • Nushuz
    Nushuz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I got an Easiyo yoghurt maker and have been making THE most delicious yoghurts! Just had the best afternoon treat after reading the postings about WW jelly... so I had half a WW jelly and 1/2 cup of passionfruit yoghurt. DELICIOUS and low calorie too!
  • RobzLam
    RobzLam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love this thread, such good tips! Thank you!
    My favourite finds have been...

Just discovered the Lite Chicken Tonight range - way lower than other pasta sauces, Butter Chicken 90 calories for quarter jar, Creamy Chicken with Mushrooms - 55 calories for 120g, think there's a Lemon Chicken sauce too.. Giving the butter chicken one a try tonight.

Really like the Quorn vegetarian burgers, southern style is 123 per patty.

Verkerks lean Danish salami - the flat packs of 12 slices, 13 calories per slice! So yum.

Sesameal Huntley and Palmers original crackers - 21 per cracker.

Jarrah Frothy Classic hot choc sachets - 47 calories, so yum! Orange one is only 57 I think.

Regular long white bread rolls at new world are only 128 calories, about 50 calories less than other places, just check the nutritional label though, maybe it's just my local store haha! Have a Hellers frankfurter (145 calories) with one of these rolls and you have a pretty low calorie hot dog (well depending on your cheese and sauce quantities).

Selaks low calorie Sauvignon blanc - 360 calories per bottle, 9%. I'm not a big drinker but I do enjoy wine more than a vodka and soda if I do go out, so this is my new favourite find! Got mine at countdown for $11.99 yesterday.
    Kim Crawford also does a similar Sav - 435calories per bottle.

Mountain Bread - the rice wraps are nice, 68 calories - New World.

Little Bagel Bites - the BBQ ones for kids, individual mini bags are 62 calories.

LOVE the weight watchers chewy chocolate bars - 90 calories, and the chocolate mini rolls- 87, SO GOOD! Hard to stop at one though :(

New world also sells little boxes of Slims - fruit pastilles at 2 of their check outs by the healthy snack bars etc, the peach Melba ones are yum, take a while to chew (otherwise I plough through them in 5 minutes) and a whole box is 49 calories, good way to get through an afternoon if you're in a nibbley mood.

Have a look at Jesters pies too - Stockmans is only 313 calories and very yum!

As mentioned in other posts I also love the molenberg balance bread, laughing cow cheese triangles, and watties lite sliced peaches, but have got loads of other ideas from you all, so thank you!! It all helps doesn't it :)
  • NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bin Inn in Hamilton (not sure about other branches) do fresh ground peanut butter. I get a massive tub, around the same size as a 100% Nutz container, for $4.40 and its just peanuts, no salt or any kind of additive.

Best product slap on some toasted Vogel in the morning.
  • strds
    strds Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have to vouch for the Bulla frozen yoghurt as well. They are a nice treat at the end of the day.

I had some WW jelly in the cupboard, looks like I am going to have to go hunting. :)
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What a great idea, new favs since finding this thread

Bulla mini frozen yogurt sticks 46 cal
    select brown rice crackers

Also nice is Hansells vegetable tagine soup at 100cal a serve (2 serves per packet) my lunch is a whole packet with sliced chicken breast thrown in. Also healtheries corn tubes 64 cal a packets (they're for the kids but perfect if your craving a few chips :)