Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• lmissinsanity
    Options
    Just finished plyometric cardio circuit. Wasn't as energetic as I normally am good news however, I've lost 2cms from my waist and some gym pants that were a little snug now fit really nicely.????
  • rightoncommander
    rightoncommander Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity mainly for fitness, but yes, that does mean losing around 25 pounds. I'm about halfway there on the weight, and feeling great. MFP is the perfect companion for the workouts for me, that diet plan looked like way too much like hard work: you've already got me working out for an hour every day, I'm not spending another 3 hours preparing food!

I'm in month 1 of round two, just 4 more days to go. I've made minor tweaks to the plan this time - adding in a pure cardio on my 2nd fit test day, and doing max recovery on a Thursday because cardio recovery is BORING. I think skipping month 1 after the first round is a HUGE mistake - you miss out on the intensity that the shorter workout allows. I'm really feeling the benefits in my muscles. Having said that, I'm also looking forward to big gains in endurance when I go back onto month 2.

My fit test result have stalled since the end of round 1, but I'm running a 5k on Saturday mornings and it's amazing how fast my times are falling. I've shaved nearly 3 1/2 minutes off my PB in one month, doing no running at all during the week - just a friendly football game (soccer) for an hour or so and a game of squash. I'll probably keep going with Insanity until 3 conditions are met: 1) I have a six pack, 2) My fitness stops improving and 3) I'm bored of it or want to do something else more (like a marathon, maybe).
  • eSUNt
    eSUNt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I finish Month 1 on Thursday. I am not sure why but I have been experiencing a lot of anxiety about my progress this week. I have my weigh in on Friday and will take progress pics as well. I am nervous the results will not live up to my expectations. I have felt great for the last three weeks. I'm hoping this will pass soon.
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Started round 2 of Insanity yesterday after finishing Focus T25. Plan is to complete this for a 2nd time, and move on to The Asylum. Anybody have any input on Asylum?
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Asylum? Yah, it looks crazy! lol Good luck! :)
  • currlee
    Options
    I woke up late today so wasn't able to do my Insanity. But I did the Fit Test last week and I had improvements on every move, so that was exciting. I did Max Cardio on Monday and that wasn't too bad. Yesterday was Max Recovery and wow am I sore! I remember not liking it, lol. All that plank work tore my elbows up; I just do it on my rug cuz I slip too much on a yoga mat. But I don't remember them getting as tore up last time around. And I must not have pushed myself as hard last time cuz I don't remember my sides being so sore. Yay for feeling it this time, lol.
  • currlee
    Options
    Woke up on time and pushed play on Max Interval Circuit. I ended up pulling/straining the muscle(I'm guessing) on the left side of my chest. IDK. It's inside and it hurts, lol. I went into Child's Pose and that hurt. Doing anything while bending over is painful. I'm hoping this will be all better by tomorrow's workout.
  • fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 and yesterday I wasn't able to do my recovery as I simply run out of time. But as i did a good workout at the gym I'm not going to feel guilty about that. Today is a hard one as I do legs at the gym and then there is Max Interval Circuit as a follow up cardio. and then it's 6 more workouts for me. I must say I lost some inches and I feel fantastic. And my diet improved so much. But I'm really happy the end is so close. I think I'm going to incorporate the month 1 routines as my cardio workouts for my weight training. And I will try some on the month 2 from time to time to have some variations.
    how is Focus T25? I know it's short comparing to Insanity but how intense is it?
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love Max Interval Circuit! I just finished T25 and am doing Insanity for the second time. T25 is a great workout. Very similar to Insanity, but no breaks. You literally go from the 1st second to the last. After the 25 minutes are up there is a 3-4 minute cool down and stretch. The program is like any other, it is only as good as you make it. If you really push yourself (dig deep) you will get great results. I lost plenty of weight on Insanity, and gained some great tone on T25. Best of luck to you, and enjoy!
  • currlee
    Options
    Today I did Max Plyo. I didn't know how much I'd be able to do with that pain from yesterdays workout, but it seemed fine. I think the 123 Heisman in the warmup was the only time I really felt it. So I got a good workout in. Month two/Week one done.
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just finished my final Fit Test.
    Can't believe how fast these 63 days have gone by.
    Overall I'm happy with my results, wanted them to be a bit higher, but I'm proud of what I acheived.
    Wow. I really can't believe I finished.
  • Tinktaylor360
    Tinktaylor360 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done yesterday and oh dear i thought i was going to die lol, going onto day 3 today with a little apprehension :S
  • LeemTHEdream
    LeemTHEdream Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3 today!!
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Way to stick with it. Make sure you do the Recovery Week! It is when I saw alot of my result set in :)

Dig Deep!
  • bk1922
    bk1922 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing INSANITY since my daughter turned 5 weeks old and she just turnt 7 mo today! Happy to say all the baby weight gone and back into my pre-pregnancy clothes :-)

Curious how do you all log your workout in My FItness Pal????

Thinking of getting Focus T25 any thoughts?? Need a change and no gym time with an infant!

Thanks
  • Tinktaylor360
    Tinktaylor360 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well didn't manage to do day 3 yesterday as i was in too much pain from day 2 but i am going to try it today. Think I'm going to try a different approach and maybe do 2 days on and one day off until i can really get into the swing of doing it. Need to ease myself in haha
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have been doing INSANITY since my daughter turned 5 weeks old and she just turnt 7 mo today! Happy to say all the baby weight gone and back into my pre-pregnancy clothes :-)

Curious how do you all log your workout in My FItness Pal????

Thinking of getting Focus T25 any thoughts?? Need a change and no gym time with an infant!

Thanks

Hey BK

My best suggestion would be to get a Heart Rate Monitor and Chest Strap. It will calculate based off your personal info and your heart rate how many cals you have burned during the session. It has been an amanzing purchase in my experience. I love having mine.

I input the work out as Cardiovascular. The watch will time and measure your cals burned so I put that into the provided spaces within MFP.

I bought a Polar HRM. Below is a link to the exact one I have. Hope this helps!

DIG DEEP! :)

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Purple/dp/B005M1P85O/ref=lp_3407971_1_1/178-8756302-5946424?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1381949979&sr=1-1
  • currlee
    Options
    Wow I haven't worked out in five days! I'm away from home. I wasn't able to get in a workout on that last day. I did do a lot of walking over four days, but I also ate like crap, drank lots of beer, didn't drink enough water, ate right up until passing out...but today I was able to finally get in two workouts.Max Recovery and then a Rockin Body workout. Still feel sluggish inside; in serious need of some raw veggies. Went and picked up some fruit tonight, but I'm excited abut a huge salad tomorrow!!!
  • currlee
    Options
    Well, didn't get the salad, but I did get to eat fruit and some raw veggies. That was nice. I did Max Cardio and Cardio Abs today. Decent burn, about to do a Rockin Body workout to end my day. Wanted to do Core Cardio & Balance tonight, to finish Week Six, but I wanted my dad to do it, too. But seeing as how he is currently knocked off, that won't be happening, lol.
  • currlee
    Options
    Whoops, I meant my dad was knocked out, not knocked off, lol. So he wasn't ready to work out today so I did the next workout, still saving Core Cardio & Balance. Today then started Week 7, with a Fit Test and then Max Interval Circuit. Wheew! That was trying, for sure. I had to take lots of breaks but I still got a good calorie burn. And I got that yummy salad!!