@ Goal Weight, Want to Lower BF%

Options
2»

Replies

• islandgirl76_
    islandgirl76_ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Suggestions welcome!

I tested my max weights with a (very good) trainer the other day. She is totally focused on form and I like that.

Starting weights (5/3/1 reps):

Squat: 85/90/95
    OHP: 45/55/65
    DL: 100/110/120

Interested to see where I can go from here. I am finishing up an 8 week fitness challenge at my gym next week. I will be weighed, measured and calipered. Leaving a fun filled vacation, and then back to work! Here is my plan. Suggestions welcome!

Monday - weights with the trainer, primarily in the 3-5 rep range

Tuesday - spin

Wednesday - TRX/Kettlebell

Thursday - spin (HIIT)

Friday - weights on my own (8-12 rep range) & 30 minute circuit training

Saturday - outdoor boot camp or functional fitness class

Sunday - rest
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, for the informative post and answers! I am at the same crossroads, so this helps me a lot! :drinker:

Edited to add: I am about 18% bf by calipers, but lack definition in my legs. Just looking to lean to maybe 16%. My body weight (115) is the lowest I should probably go at my height (5'6") and especially my age (48).
  • Lozm1980
    Options
    Tagging to follow
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sorry for having this one slip through the gaps....we will try to get to it today. :flowerforyou:
  • islandgirl76_
    islandgirl76_ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sorry for having this one slip through the gaps....we will try to get to it today. :flowerforyou:

No worries at all Sara! Here is where I am after my 8 week challenge:

Height: still 5'4"
    Weight: 125 (was 127)
    BF: 21% (was 24%)
    Waist: down 1"
    Hips: down 1"
    Quads: down 1/2"
    Chest: +1" (???)

I am logging about 1800, which means I am probably eating more like 1900 or 2000. Protein about 125-150, carb 110 and fat 70.

I have been doing the "heavy" weights 2x/week. One day in the 1-5 rep range (Back squat, OHP and DL) and one day following All Pro, 8-12 reps. I'm starting week 3.

Also TRX & KB 2-3x/week and spinning 2-3x. I have been taking at least one rest day or active recovery day as well.

I am pretty happy with my progress so far, but if you have any suggestions at all, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!!