November 2013 Babies

Options

Replies

• crystali1983
    crystali1983 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How has everyone been doing on eating healthy and avoiding the cravings on fatty or sugary foods? I'm struggling here!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Major struggle... mostly with sweets. :-\ That seems to be all I want most of the time. I just try to snack here and there and not go overboard (moderation is key) but I have my bad moments, that's for sure!
  • ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    MAJOR struggle. These days, I'm obsessed with two things: bagels and puffy cheetos.

At least I still eat my fruits and veggies, right???
  • nan199678
    Options
    Thanks @jgrod! :-) :-) :-)
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Happy Friday, November mommas!

Hope everyone had a great week! I'm 31 weeks today (wow!) and definitely feel like I'm getting bigger faster these days. I love it. :)

My husband's family threw us a baby shower last weekend, and I'm blown away by the generosity of the people in our life. I also don't know what we are going to do with all of this baby stuff in our tiny two bedroom apartment!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Hello everyone - hope everyone is movin' right along! :) Hit 35 weeks today and had an ultrasound because I've been measuring small. Baby girl is healthy looking, but in the 14th percentile at 4 lbs. 11 oz. (approx.). So, we're going to do a follow up u/s in a couple of weeks to see if she's improved at all... and I'm supposed to lay on my left side for an hour, two times per day to help stimulate and promote growth. Hopefully she grows enough to keep them satisfied, but not too much that I'm regretting wishing for that ;) just teasing!... but really!! haha

@ajzmann - that is forever the on-going issue. Never have a big enough house when baby comes along! This is #2 for us, and we are struggling to fit all of our son's stuff/toys most of the time! That's fun though - glad your shower went well and you got most if not all of what you need!!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Ah, @jgrodzicki, 35 weeks!!! So exciting! Sending good baby growing thoughts your way.

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous in Chicago lately, so I've been taking advantage going on lots of walks, and even getting to the gym a few times. I have also been sleeping really well (respectively), so it's been a good week for me!

I haven't been eating the very best, but to be honest, I don't care as much at this point. I'm eating when I'm hungry, and making sure I get a little bit of exercise every day, even if it's just walking, and feeling pretty good.

Hope you all are feeling well! Home stretch, right???
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Definitely in the homestretch... and THAT feels great!! :) Sleep over here hasn't been so great lately. My two year old is prepping us for a newborn I think and has not been sleeping through the night. We were up with him for over 2.5 hours last night and when one of us wasn't in there, he was screaming!! Ugh... not fun at all! Hopefully he gets over this phase before baby comes, don't think I can handle two kiddos waking up at night! :-\

The weather here has been pretty nice as well... I'm in the St. Louis area, so it would be fairly similar! However, I have NOT been taking advantage like you have, and I will probably regret that because those days are so few since we tend to skip right over to winter! ;)
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    36 week doc appointment yesterday was an interesting one. My last pregnancy was super smooth sailing with no issues whatsoever (with the exception of afterwards)... and this one baby is measuring small, fluid levels aren't where they should be... etc. So, I now have to do NST's twice/week and ultrasounds every week from here on out. Thank goodness I only have 4 weeks left!!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Ah, @jgrodzicki, sending good healthy vibes to you and baby!

NST = non-stress test, right? What does that entail?

And four weeks...HOME STRETCH!

I hit 33 weeks today, and definitely feel myself growing more and faster. It's kinda crazy to think I have 7 more weeks to get bigger!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Yes, non-stress test. They just hook you up to monitors that watch for contractions and baby's heart rate. They want to see the heart rate spike twice in twenty minutes. I have the feeling I barely passed, but she was just being lazy. ;)

I think you are right around when I was gaining the most so far... I just couldn't satisfy my hunger! It has slowed down a bit again now that baby has gotten a bit bigger and there is less room in there.
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    It's been so quiet over here... maybe there have been a couple of births already??

I will be 38 weeks on Thursday, and I've gained right at 20 lbs. Baby is still measuring small, so I've been advised to continue to lay on my left side in my spare time or at least 2 hours per day. Thank goodness I only have ~two weeks left!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    I guess there are some full term people here!

I've quit logging for the most part, and my working out has become even more sporadic, but I still feel pretty good. I was 34 weeks on Friday!

Anyone still getting good workouts in?

I'm pretty much OK with just taking a few long walks each week. I'm up about 21 pounds, which I am OK with. I have no idea as to how the baby is measuring. My doc doesn't do anymore ultrasounds after 20 weeks!

Sleep has been more difficult lately, so it's tough for me to get up and work out in the mornings.
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    My doc is the same way, @ajzmann - the only reason I am getting ultrasounds now is because my belly has been measuring pretty small for how far along I am... with my first, I didn't have any ultrasounds after the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. This one, I've had two big ultrasounds (once at almost 35 weeks and another yesterday at almost 38 weeks) to check her weight... and also weekly biophysical ultrasounds to check her fluid levels. It's a pain... but I do get to see her every week, which is nice! It's just a lot when trying to work to the end too... I had/have three appointments this week alone!

I never really got into exercising like I wanted to... and now I'm dealing more with being unable to eat because there isn't as much room in there! So, I'm fine with my weight gain - just need the peanut to gain some weight now ;)
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Well... after my 38 week apt yesterday... Monday is now officially baby day! I'm getting induced because she is no longer getting the nutrition she needs from me. Still a healthy, strong baby girl - but they want to get her out before that changes. So, I don't usually get on over the weekends - and who knows how things will go once baby arrives. So, just in case I miss anything - best of luck everyone! :)
  • ajzmann
    Options
    OMG @jgrodzicki!!! So exciting! Sending good healthy vibes to you and baby. Post a photo when you're up for it!

Will be thinking of you!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Definitely will - thanks so much, ajzmann - it's been a fun journey with you! :)
  • ajzmann
    Options
    @jgrodzicki...was thinking of you yesterday! Can't wait to see photos of that baby!

How're all of the other November mommies? I'm definitely starting to feel some low back pain due to my belly, but MOST nights I can get a decent night's sleep. Working out still isn't really much of a priority. I feel like sleep is more important right now!

Hope you all are feeling well!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Happy Monday, November gals! (I feel like I post to myself now!)

How's everyone doing? Hanging in there?

I see @jgrodzicki had her beautiful baby girl! Anyone else?

I'm starting to get a little bit anxious (was 36 weeks on Friday).

Hope you're all feeling well!!!
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Hey ajzmann, I'm following this thread. My due date is today, so I've always known there was a chance my baby girl may arrive in November and have kept tabs on this groups' happenings.

Congratulations jgrodzicki on your baby girl!