Introduce yourself

Options
Dawn_Snowden
Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
Before we begin this journey together, we should learn something about each other. My goals for you are to help you learn how to eat better first and foremost. They say 70% of weight loss is attributed to nutrition. I don't DIET - I eat healthy. There's a huge difference. We are here because we probably do not make the best eating choices. i know I didn't for a long long time. In addition to eating better, we need to move our body. T25 does that for us.

So help us get to know you better by providing some background so we know where you are coming from.

1. Your name, age, and where you live (as much as you are comfortable providing)
2. What are your current goals?
3. Describe your current eating habits?
4. Are you doing Shakeology along with the T25 workouts?
5. Do you have any physical limitations?
6. What is your biggest struggle?
7. Other workout programs you have done in the past.

I will start.

1. Dawn - 48 - Los Angeles ares, CA

2. Currently trying to lose the last 2 pounds, increase lean muscle and definition, tone up. Before T25 I needed to lose the 15+ pounds I put on the past 2 years. Staying consistent is always a struggle.

3. Currently I am doing well eating 3 meals 350-400 cal each, 2 snacks 150-200 calories each. I drink Shakeology as my breakfast meal daily. Before T25 I ate 1-2 larger meals - mostly comfort food - too much or hardly anything. I snacked on chocolate and junk all day because I was always craving. I skipped breakfast, unless you count coffee as a meal. I made horrible choices. Nutrition was the first thing I focused on when I started T25.

4. I drink Shakeology every day as my breakfast. It cut my cravings for junk food and chocolate. It really revolutionized my eating.

5. I have bad knees. Two knee surgeries on one knee. I am very careful and modify some of the twisting moves and lunges. Always listen to your body.

6. My struggle was finding time and staying consistent. I wake up early and do T25 before work so I have no excuses later in the day.

7. I've tried Insanity (it hurt), and P90X (workouts were too long), and have dabbled with other home workouts. Nothing stuck and I never was consistent.'

Your turn...

Replies

• alizab223
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for inviting me :) I will not be able to start on November 1 (I am in the middle of another program) but I would love to stay in this group because I do plan on doing T25 as soon as I can!

OK- here are my answers to your questions Dawn:

1. Your name, age, and where you live (as much as you are comfortable providing)

Aliza Bleier, I will be 26 in a few weeks (yikes) and I live in Israel

To get leaner and tighter! And I am dying for a 6 pack :)

I eat very clean. No sugar (including sugar substitutes, honey, agave...), no white flour.

No :( I wish I could, but I can't get it where I live.

I have issues with breathing- I need to breathe very deeply in order to get a single breath in :( It has had a huge impact on my workouts. Cardio is a nightmare, and I am worried that T25 is too much like cardio!

The breathing thing! I also can't eat as much as I should at work, which I know is hurting me. I am doing Body Beast now and am not getting the calories that I should. I have a big breakfast and 2 small snacks at work, then supper.

I started working out over a year ago, in June 2012. Since then I literally have not missed a day (aside from the scheduled rest days). I have to be very disciplined or else I am worried that I will give it all up... I have done Brazil Butt Lift, Chalene Extreme (twice), 10 Minute Trainer, Body Revolution (Jillian Michaels), and now Body Beast. Between workout programs I usually took about a month where I made my own hybrid schedules.
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am just about to receice my T25 DVDs and if I had got them in time I would have started today. I will now start next Monday so as not to be too far out from the rest of this group (can't hold out until Nov 1st).

Here are my answers:

1. Chet, 43 years old from London, UK
    2. Although I am about 6 llbs away from my aribtrary goal weight I am focusing more on body fat % and aiming for 15% by the end of this program
    3. I've completely changed my eating habits and eat clean mostly and generally stay within my daily calorie goals
    4. Yes while I have some. Can't get it in the UK so I get some from the US when I can. Currently drinking the Vanilla one as my evening meal
    5. Nothing major
    6. Balancing things so that I lose fat and maintain/build lean mass
    7. 10 Minute Trainer, Les Mills Combat, Les Mills Pump
  • medavidcook
    medavidcook Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have just got my T25 DVDs and i will start on the 1st Nov (which is a friday, why not wait till the 4th Monday), I am currently in a cast due to discloated thumb and its being removed 28th.

Here are my answers
    1. Your name, age, and where you live (as much as you are comfortable providing) David, 27 years young from Cardiff, Wales
    2. What are your current goals? lose 21kg (46lbs) and drastically cutting my body fat.
    3. Describe your current eating habits? Not the greatest but getting back into logging and getting ready for T25 and doing it properly.
    4. Are you doing Shakeology along with the T25 workouts? No

5. Do you have any physical limitations? None at time of starting
    6. What is your biggest struggle? Balancing work and play
    7. Other workout programs you have done in the past. I started insanity and got injured so stopped nothing else.
  • Tonnie86
    Tonnie86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Here are my answers
    1. Latoni Viera 27 Bemuda
    2. I want to loose 40 lbs
    3. I try to eat healthy but because of my busy schedule I tend to compromise.
    4. No I dont know what shakeology is

5. No
    6. Eating habits.
    7. I workout 5 days a week for 38 mins. I plan to start doing extras.
  • claudiaxcu
    claudiaxcu Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I will also start T25 next monday

I'm Claudia, just turned 27, and i live in Bogota, Colombia

Trying to lose 15pounds and some body fat

Not that clean, but working on it

Noup, they don't sell it over here

No physical limitations

being constant

i've done Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, and right now i'm doing the C25K program
  • bethtoscan
    Options
    Beth, 34, Southern California

Drop about 40 lbs before April 2014 (a destination wedding)

Avoid as many grains as I can, seems to work best for me. Big on meat/poultry protein, otherwise I feel the slug come in

Not this time, maybe in another round

damaged joints from youth sports, but not exactly a limitation... they just kinda give out randomly, no matter what I am doing (or not doing)

motivation. I have a 5a wakeup call for work, so pushing that to 415a for workout is tough, especially in the winter. And brain drain at work til 4p with a bed time of 8ish makes afternoons a real struggle to push through an afternoon workout.

Currently trying to get a 4 mile walk in every afternoon...
    P90X - loved, but too long and got bored after a couple weeks
    TurboFire - enjoyed, but rolled my ankle a few too many times
    Chalean Xtreme - LOVE this one, will randomly thow workouts in when I feel the need for weights
    have the Jillian Revolution, havent even tried it, but would like to make that my 2-a day after a roung of T25
  • MrsSweetT
    MrsSweetT Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Hi, my name is Tara and I'm 38 & I live in Alabama.

My current goal is to get under 200 lbs. and for the past week I've been stuck at the same 225. I have to figure out why I am at a stand still.

I love sweets and breads! For the past few Weeks I've been doing good other than today where I hasn't eaten all day because of the kids appointments so when we finally left we ended up at McDonalds. :ohwell:

No, I will not be doing Shakeology. I may find another protein shake here locally.

I have no physical limitations...mostly mentally.

My biggest struggle is also consistency. I will do so good for a few Weeks or a month with eating and working out and then just fall off or let life distractions get in the way.

I have tried P90X a few years ago and that only lasted a coupe weeks.
    I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred but didn't complete it and saw quick results.
    I've had Focus T25 in my closet for over a month & has had Insanity also in the closet for about 3 1/2 months, Brazilian Butt Lift for almost two years and haven't touched it but once...was too hard.
  • Kattyky
    Kattyky Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. Hi, my name is Kerry-Ann, I'm 27 years old and I live in Trinidad and Tobago (that's in the south-east Caribbean, if you are unfamiliar)
    2. I really want to lose weight- ideally 40 pounds. I suffer from PCOS, so I would like to reduce my symptoms through exercise. And I have always had layers of fat around my midsection- my dream would be to flatten my stomach.
    3. Right now, I am watching what I eat. Would not consider it clean, but I have changed everything up since about two weeks ago. Before, I used to eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner, now I make my own breakfast which consists of oatmeal or cheerios, eggs (fried or boiled) and possibly some cheddar cheese. I try to have some kind of snack twice per day (usually an apple or some crackers). Lunch is usually veggies and some protein. Dinner varies from cereal to a Subway sandwich to something I cook myself (fish with brown rice and stir-fry veggies).
    4. I am not doing Shakeology, nor do I intend to. I may incorporate the GNC Leanshake, as it has worked well or me in the past.
    5. Nothing major, just lazy!
    6. Being motivated to stay the course. Not letting negative self-talk get the better of me.
    7. None- just one or two sessions of P90x and Insanity. But never completed a programme.
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Rachel, 48, living in Hereford, UK.

Current goal to lose another 15lbs and be able to complete a sprint triathlon and half marathon before I hit 50 in 2014.

I eat all kinds of things - try to be sensible, don't always manage. Aim for 1500 cals per day. Love wine!
    No shakeology...and probably wouldn't. Very occasional protein shake when I'm in search of an instant meal.
    No physical issues other than wear and tear from an active youth.
    Biggest struggle is mental. My job is tiring and can be unpredictable but that's no real excuse. Somedays I can't get my head in a place to exercise..
    Never tried a workout programme of this kind. Have tended to do running, swimming, cycling. I like being outside. Have looked at JM 30ds but found her intensely irritating and did only 3 days.

Cheers all!
  • ameliagulling
    ameliagulling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your name, age, and where you live (as much as you are comfortable providing)
    1.Amelia, 29, from Las Vegas NV
    2. Lose some weight and get stronger .
    3. I eat mostly vegetarian, so trying to incorporate complex carbs and protein as much as possible.
    4. No, I am not doing the shakeology.
    5. Current physical limiations are due to me being out of shape. haha, no I am good otherwise.
    6. My biggest struggle is keeping something constant. I travel a lot for work and I have a very busy schedule that it is hard to maintain that constancy. That and beer. I love beer.
    7. I just ran, but I have not ran in about 6 months.
  • depurs20
    Options
    Hey everyone!

1. Donna, 32, Atlanta, GA
    2. I'm beginning T25 to mainly tone as I run 2-3 times a week already
    3. I eat healthy, balanced meals with an occasional cheat day.
    4. No shakeology
    5. No physical limitations
    6. My biggest struggle is consistency with a video workout. I do much better when I actually *go* somewhere but that's why I'm joining the group. :)
    7. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, Hip-Hop Abs (super cheesy but fun!), P90x (the yoga was killer)
  • BarbarainMN
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Barb, I'm 47 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    Current goals are to lose 40 pounds in 6 months, increase exercise capability, and just feel good and be healthy
    Since getting back on the wagon diet-wise 3 weeks ago, I am doing Arbonne protein shakes with almond milk or Greek yogurt for breakfast and lunch, and veggies, fruit (esp grapes), cottage cheese, yogurt, poultry for dinner.
    Haven't used Shakeology. My old spin class teacher got me on a 30 day fitness challenge with her Arbonne shakes.
    Limitations- both knees, both ankles, right shoulder. Nothing stopping me but I need to be careful.
    Obstacle? Maintaining the amazing level of commitment I feel right now for months and years.
    Currently doing Insanity and slowly integrating running and weights.
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love these introductions - THANK YOU for sharing with us and being a part of this group. I'd like to see more of you participating. A group is only a good as its members.

Don't be shy :)
  • Rosanna2Fit
    Rosanna2Fit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to myfitnesspal so I am not sure if I am even doing this right, but I will attempt it.

My name is Rosanna, I live in Tampa, FL

I would like to reach my goal weight before I turn 40, which is in June. My goal weight is 120-125 with an athletic build.

I work full time and I am currently in nursing school so my eating habits have been awful. I eat tons of candy when studying and have gain 35-40 since I started school.

No I have not tried Shakeolgy

My whole body aches (very stiff) due to the rapid weight increase and non-activity in the last year. But mainly my knees.

Making time to exercise and motivation to exericse when it gets hard and I don't see results.

Jillian Micheals 30 day shred, Turbo Jam, I ordered Turbo Fire but never started. (I haven't exercised in over a year or more)
  • missymoods
    Options
    My name Maribel, live in Vallejo CA

I would like to loose about 15 pounds and tone.

Try to make balanced choices, but working full time and managing kid activities sometimes leads me to the nearest drive thru.

Nope

Have a recurring back problem.

Making time to work out.

• mai526
    mai526 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a myfitnesspal newbie and I'm glad I found this group. I've been meaning to start T25, and I'm happy I won't be alone.

I'm Mai, 33, living in the Bay Area, CA

I want to lose my baby weight (is it still baby weight if my youngest is 2?) and fit into my old clothes. And tone up. I have 25 lbs to lose.

I make healthier food choices most days, but I am not so conscientious on the weekends. My entire weekend is a "cheat day".

no

Work related wrist strain

I want to see results fast, and when I don't, I lose my drive.

No official "workout programs". I do mainly cardio via the elliptical or jogging.
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1. Latoya, 32, TX
    2. To lose weight and gain muscle.
    3. I try to eat as clean as possible for most meals but I am a big snacker. (I love sweets)
    4. No, but they are in my house. I don't really like the taste of it.
    5. I have Lupus and Asthma
    6. Just sticking with anything. I lose motivation.
    7. Most JM and some CLX
  • Twoody83
    Twoody83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

1. My name is Theresa I am from a small mountain town in BC Canada, I am 29 years old
    2. I want to lose 15lbs
    3. I try but I always give into sweets. One goal will be not to eat every treat brought into the office (and there are lots!!)
    4. Nope, no shakes. I do like protein smoothies for breakfast but not so much in the morning
    5. Nope, no restrictions
    6. My biggest struggle is food. I just went back to work from mat leave and find it hard to make time to make healthy dinners and lunches
    7. ripped in 30 and it was awesome! (pre baby and haven't got back into it)
  • yamzmail
    yamzmail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. As on Nov 1 I would be on day 24 of my 30 day shred. However I would like to add T25 to my workout

Rachael, 23, India

5'9", 163lbs - 20 more pounds to loose

1500 calories on weekdays.. 1800-2000 cal on weekends

No.

No.

I easily get demotivated

POP Pilates, JM 30DS(current program)
  • KeepCalmAndWODOn
    KeepCalmAndWODOn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I will be starting on Nov 1

My name is Summer and Im 34 and live in sunny Florida

My current goal is to loose inches and slim down. Im a size 14 and would like to get to my first goal of a size 10.

Sometimes good and then I can take a turn for the worse and splurg! LOL but I stay away from sugar and carbs. I eat mostely lean meat and fruits and veggies.

Currenty I am not! I have taken Shakeolgy before along with watching calories and have not gotten anywhere. Also tried Body by Vi to. Shakes dont help me in anyway.

None

Staying on track!!!!!!!! I do great and I feel wondering and then I lose it. I eat like a pig and get lazy again.

Body Revolution / Turbo Fire / Hip Hop Abs / Shakology the Workouts / Brazillian Butt