Replies

• LeemTHEdream
    LeemTHEdream Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week 4 starts today!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    On week seven, yay!!! Didn't workout yesterday(ugh...couldn't) or today. I'll be travelling in a few hrs and I get so dehydrated anymore, that I don't think I'd want t workout on travel day. So I plan on getting back to it Wednesday. Had my dad run me thru some weights the other night, so I have that to add. Pretty excited, really. Just have to not be lazy.
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good to see your dad recovered from being knocked off. LOL. Just did a fit test for my second round. Still improving. This works!
  • LeemTHEdream
    Options
    Just finished Month 1...Recovery Week Here I Come:)
  • LeemTHEdream
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Cardio Core & Balance (Recovery Week Workout)!! Nervous about what's to come in Month 2 though...
  • eSUNt
    eSUNt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's one of my fav's too. I love that I can actually make it through the entire workout!!! Month 2 is tough. The first day you will be like WTF but keep pushing because it does get better. Not necessarily easier but you feel like you can push through the workouts. I'm in my 3rd week of Month 2. Can't wait until I finish the program!
  • sirgordonzola
    Options
    Hi you say push jumps 9 by knees, what do you mean knees, im struggling with push ups.
  • sirgordonzola
    Options
    I started insanity today, fit test didnt show good results at all, but I now have numbers to improve on, very excited to get started tomorrow, 8 hours on my feet at work with get me ready for this, come on, I can do this.
  • currlee
    Options
    Good to see your dad recovered from being knocked off. LOL. Just did a fit test for my second round. Still improving. This works!

lol Yes, being knocked off takes it out of a person, lol.
    Well, I got home last week and it took me two or three days to get hydrated. So took the week off, except some weights in the evening. Got in some workouts this week, to finish Week 7. One more week, yay!! lol
  • currlee
    Options
    One more workout to finish this round! Today was Max Plyo.....not a fave, for sure. But it was my last time for a week or so. I ate like crap today. Well, yes and no. I ate over my calories(800 over!) but I didn't have any junk. So I don't feel terrible about it, but I need to do better.
  • currlee
    Options
    I did it! I finished my second round of Insanity. It took me a few extra weeks with travelling and end of summer activities, but I did it! Tomorrow is my final Fit Test. I'm going to take a few days off then do Recovery Week, followed by a second dose of month two. I basically got zero results this go around; I think those few weeks played a big part in that. Last week I took some measurements and there was no change. Things happen fast with Insanity so maybe tomorrow will show me some change, but if not no biggie. I'm healthier every time I wake up and push play!
  • crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Can I join this please?
    I have just completed the 1st week of Insanity and I'm really enjoying it!
    I obviously can't keep up yet and I do have to have a few extra breaks but I feel this is such a step up from what I was doing before!
    Like lots of others, Pure cardio is my favourite so far! and Cardio recovery is my least favourite... I find the drills in Plyometric Cardio almost impossible at the moment but Im sure I will get there!
    I do seem to have quite a low calorie burn though even though sometimes my heart rates gets up to the 180’s!! and is consistently around the 160-170 mark… I seem to burn between 200-250 calories depending on what it is, which seems so much lower than lots of other results Ive seen!
    Anyway just wanted to say hi and hopefully chat to some of you soon!
  • christymay32
    Options
    I just started Insanity today. I decided to change my life for the better. I just got a new home now its time for a new body. I am starting this at 214 lbs on a 4ft 11 inch body. basically I look like the Pillsbury dough girl.
    I just completed day 1 fitness test. I managed a bloody nose and almost passed out. but hey Tomorrow is another day and I will keep at it. Any suggestions on protein foods for after the workout?
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Week 2 of my second round, although I'm modifying a bit to avoid losing my running base. (Once a week, instead of the scheduled Insanity workout, I do a long run; a couple times a week I jog a couple miles before Insanity. I also don't do the fit tests, but that's just personal preference!)

Today was my first time doing Pure Cardio since I started back up and I can definitely tell that I'm stronger now than I was the first time I did the program. First time 'round I couldn't do switch kicks for the full minute until almost the end of Month 1 -- but I did it without resorting to step-kicks at all today! *puffs up chest* Now if only I could get my pushup mojo back...
  • currlee
    Options
    Welcome, Christy and Crafty...this thread is for all. I like to use it for accountability and to see how others are doing in this Journey.
    Last week I did my final ft test and had improvements in all but one move. The next day I did Pure Cardio, for fun, and it was! lol Took my three day break and got back to it. Today was my fourth day of Recovery Week. I can pretty much make it thru the whole video without stopping now, which rocks!! I have to take a few seconds during the High Jump and then during the third move in Hip Flexor Burners; other than that, I'm doing it! My first realization that I had made progress this week was when I did the Moving Plank Walk for the full minute. I was so proud. And now knowing that I did it and can do it, I HAVE to do it every time! I'll be sad in two days to be getting back to the Month Two workouts; I just wish they weren't so long!! I love the workouts, themselves, way more than month one, but the duration is where I struggle since I workout in the morning before work. Rush, rush, rush....
    Happy Thanksgiving!! I pushed play...did you?
  • currlee
    Options
    Recovery Week is done. As much as I love that workout and as much as I'm dreading the duration on Month Two workouts, I'm looking forward to doing a different workout every day. Doing the same thing everyday was getting old. Can't decide if I want to just start tomorrow or take it as the rest day. Guess I'll see how I feel in the morning.
  • LeemTHEdream
    Options
    Today is Day 51 for me!! I'm not going to lie, at first I was a little skeptical because I had lost less than 2 pounds in the first month, but I still kept pushing play because I was determined to get through the entire 63 days. Well it's true what they say...MONTH 2 is where the magic happens!! This week I have lost 3 pounds alone...so anyone struggling to push through, afraid you won't see results? Give it until Month 2 to make that judgment. I will be completely finished my first round next week, and then I plan to repeat Month 2 since I've been getting such amazing results in the second month of Insanity...I eat 1,900 + calories per day and the weight is still melting off! I feel that much closer to my goals:)
  • Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    FINISHED!
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Roz!!!
  • currlee
    Options
    Roz-> Congrats on finishing!
    Leem-> Good for you for sticking with it. It can be easy to get discouraged when you are in the middle of your journey.

Today I started Month Two over. It was Max Interval Circuit, which I like. Gotta get my nutrition back under control so I can see results. I wanted to come home after work and go to bed with a book. But I was talking with my last client about how my boyfriend likes to shake me; he said it's fun because I jiggle. Umm....that's not cute!! lol Anyways, it became my motivation to get in an extra workout tonight. So ready to get some sleep!