• drapisking
    drapisking Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    CAAD 10
    F29
    Fixi
    Conquest
    Trail Single Speed
    Hey, I'm down to only 5 working bikes in my apartment... time to build up one of these frames again.
  • AZCycle
    AZCycle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm "down" to three.

- Titus Switchblade (long-travel all-mountain/trail bike)
    - KHS softtail converted to single-speed.
    - Fuji Roubaix road bike

Though a friend of mine is selling his old, mid 80's Trek road bike. I think I'm going to buy it and set it up as a commuter. Tired of putting a seatpost rack and panniers on my Fuji.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    We have 9 in our garage I have 2, 1 roadie and 1 MTB, the kids have a MTB and bmx each and my hubby has 2 MTB's and 1 bmx we have no room for a car lol
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    1. Alpinestars Al-Mega DX - My first push-bike that i bought with my own money :smile: (1991) converted to single speed and only brought out on special occasions :drinker:
    2. Verenti Rhigos.02 - Road bike (2011)
    3. Specialized Carve Comp - 29er hard tail converted to hybrid (2012)
    4 . Trek Fuel EX5 - Full Suspension MTB (2013)

5. Kona Cowan - My eldest sons MTB (2004)
    6. GT Zone - My eldest sons BMX (2010)

7. Felt Sector Junior - My youngest sons BMX (2009)
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    funny how people put all in to their particular hobby,

i only have 1 bike and it will probably stay that way for a while (as much as i would like to get another). just an everyday mtb/road hybrid 21 gear jobby.

however, when i was doing high level ten pin bowling i had 4 balls, shoes with interchangable soles and a whole bunch of other equipment most people wouldn't understand.

i also have 2 bbq's with a vision of getting another 2.

gotta love diversity of the world
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    It's not my Hobby, its my Life.

Oh - and there's a new addition to my earlier list ordered.

Cannondale CAADX 105 Disc Cyclocross bike.

(Swore I'd never race cyclocross again, and I've no intention to get back to the hour and a lap with cowbells, but this particular "Soft Crosser" looks like it'll make a good disk braked winter hack come light tourer, plus something for a little light trail riding in summer conditions where the MTB is just "too much gun")
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It's not my Hobby, its my Life.

This
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Between my husband and I we have about 11....I think I might be missing some.

2 Mountain bikes
    2 Dirt
    2 Road
    2 Cross
    1 Clunker
    1 Tandem Tricycle
    1 Trials
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    I think that formula is d-1 (where d=no. of bikes that will result in a divorce)

I was laughing so loud when I read that my technician came to see what was up. :laugh: :laugh: After my conversation with my wife on Monday and mentioning snow bikes, I'm pretty certain I've reached D-1. :tongue: :tongue:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Three bikes, two road and one mountain.
    One Trek - Road (My bad weather bike)
    One Focus - Road (My good weather bike)
    One Kona - Mountain (My who cares what the weather is bike)
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Three, all mountain bikes.

Orange Five - The fun bike to bull doze through the rough stuff (140mm alu full suss)
    Orange P7 - This is somewhere between the other 2 (140mm steel hardtail)
    On One Lurcher - My race bike for the real mile munching. (100mm carbon hardtail)

When discussing why you need more than one bike, remind them about golf clubs. Sure you could go round a golf course with only a putter but it's going to take a while.
  • Scudder76
    Scudder76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm shopping for a road bike to make sibling for my Kona Honky Inc.

For commutes, I don't ride my own bike:
    how-it-works-hero.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    CitiBike? I've never heard of it. Then again, I live in a place where it's winter 5 months out of the year.
  • Scudder76
    Options
    CitiBike? I've never heard of it. Then again, I live in a place where it's winter 5 months out of the year.

It's NYC's new bike sharing program. A huge swath of the city is dotted with bike docks like these (with 12-40 spaces). Annual membership is $95, and allows for unlimited rides up to 45 minutes long. It easly allows me to commute, run errands, run around town without dealing with or woring about my bike, and it has saved me a ton of money, as I ride the subway much less.

I don't have the data, but I've seen numbers that say it's the largest, most used bike share system in the world, and we're just in phase 1, having launched this spring.

We'll see how much the bikes get ridded in January... Especially when NYC streets are puddles with dark grey slush.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    How cool is that? I'm guessing the bikes are easily adjusted so that lots of body sizes can ride.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    I think the CitiBike might be a little way behind this public bike scheme :smile: .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangzhou_Public_Bicycle
  • Scudder76
    Options
    I think the CitiBike might be a little way behind this public bike scheme :smile: .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangzhou_Public_Bicycle

Wow!! Way behind that. I did spend all of 30 seconds looking for current CitiBike's usage stats, but I care rarely be bothered with anything not on the first page of google results...
    How cool is that? I'm guessing the bikes are easily adjusted so that lots of body sizes can ride.

Only the seat height adjusts. As it's meant to be a utilitarian ride from Point A to point B there's no need for a micro-managed fitting.