Anyone starting on Monday (Oct 20th)?

Options
2»

Replies

• WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to do "real" push ups, not I'm doing "girl" push ups- my goal!
    Glad to have this group, I'm doing workout B tomorrow, 2nd day of stage 1!
    thx
    xo
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Just finished my first Workout B, man I found it quite a bit tougher than Workout A, my arms are rubbish! It's frustrating as I used to work at a horse barn and be so much stronger...that was about 12 years ago mind ;)

I enjoyed Workout B more than Workout A but I was much more sore after!!! I have such weak arms!!!! But because of that I really felt the burn so came out of the session feeling like I'd really had a good workout.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Just finished my first Workout B, man I found it quite a bit tougher than Workout A, my arms are rubbish! It's frustrating as I used to work at a horse barn and be so much stronger...that was about 12 years ago mind ;)

I enjoyed Workout B more than Workout A but I was much more sore after!!! I have such weak arms!!!! But because of that I really felt the burn so came out of the session feeling like I'd really had a good workout.

I think overall I like A a little better, but I really like both workouts and they're both kicking my butt hardcore!
  • anncan37
    anncan37 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Mazmataz - how did HIIT after the workout go?

I went to the gym today for B3 and had the best and most challenging deadlift session yet. I've started asking questions of some of the guys that seem to be methodical and mindful of their form (as far as I can tell! lol) about form, and I realized that I have been relying heavily on doing my deadlift with my back, and so practiced correct form for 30 minutes with this one guy who used to be a trainer...H-A-R-D! I scaled my weights back down to 60 lbs from 85lbs and will stay there till I get it right! I was thankful for the correction and am willing to take on advice...but MAN do my legs burn!!!!! this is what I should have been feeling all along lol!

Off to J.A (jamaica) tomorrow for an all inclusive vacay(!!) and am determined to do some variations of the exercises next week (have to balance out the buffet!)
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm on stage one also. I just finished the whole program and am doing it again. :bigsmile: Stage 1 is not my favorite but I'm pushing through. May not do the full length of stage 1this time....not sure yet. Feel free to add me if you want! Good luck everyone! This is a great program!
  • lawlorka
    Options
    So I'm onto the second 'phase' of Stage 1. Reps are down to 12 and I've increased all the weights.

Last night I added 10kg to the Olympic Bar for my squat, increased the weight on the seated row and for my step ups AND did 45degree press ups (not very well but didn't break my nose off the box!). So progress is being made and I'm happy with that.

I am also PAIN FREE today! I can't believe it!

My only 'downer' is that I didn't lose any weight last week. I'm putting it down to last week being my first full week of NROLFW and they say you retain a bit of water, so hopefully as my muscles grow accustomed to being worked I'll start to see the weight coming off. I still have 20-25lbs to go until I hit goal!
  • ebbb525230
    Options
    Hey guys! I just started the program last week. I did the third workout yesterday (the second time doing workout A). I increased my weights on the step ups, but kept everything else the same. For the squats I really wanted to make sure I had the form down and now that I am pretty confident in that I think I will increase my weights for next time. I am already able to do "man pushups" with no incline for the full set, so once the reps start decreasing next time I'm going to have to find some other variations to do. I was so sore after the first workout I could barely walk down the stairs, but the pain seems to have decreased a lot. I also saw a little bit of a gain this week on the scale, but I'm going to attribute that to starting the new workouts and unhealthy tailgating food on Saturday!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Same ebbb...I completed my third workout/first week on Saturday. Looking forward to stepping it up this week :)

I also had a gain last week like you and lawkora, but it seems like it happens to most people. Unknown to me, my TOM was on the way so that probably contributed too.

I'm still on incline pushups...which I strill struggle with when my reps are approaching 15! I can't believe how rubbish my upper body strength has become...nvm, at least it's something to aim for!
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I finally started today after putting it off for several weeks. The thought of stepping into a gym and going into the weights section was quite intimidating to me and I felt really insecure and a bit scared about doing stuff wrong (and injuring myself).

So after changing into my workout gear I walked into the weights room and of course it was crowded with tough guys and not a single woman there. I just scanned the room for a minute or so and then quickly headed back to the cardio section to do a warm up on the stationary bike.

Then after gathering my courage I asked the guy at the front desk to show me how to squat. Apparently they only have instructors in the morning or late in the evening, and they are specifically there to help out. So we went into the weights room and he showed me the barbell and the squat rack and how to use it, but since I was already toppling over backwards trying to do a body weight squat he didn't let me use the barbell lol. He said the bar is 20kg which is almost half my bodyweight, and that it was better to use a lighter bar, then dumbbells to build up weight first.

We walked out of the weights room into a corner of the main room and he gave me a bar to practice with. I actually quite liked that corner, it was a little hidden away and they had some dumbbells, a reebok step bench and swiss balls, so everything I needed for the other exercises :-)

I don't think my form on the squats was good because I feel it more in my back than in my thighs. So next time I'll make sure to go when an instructor is there since they have more time to help out. The pushups were tough! And I chose a dumbbell row instead of the seated row. The prone jackknife was actually quite doable, I already pictured myself rolling off that thing and landing on my face lol

Now let's see if I'm sore tomorrow!
  • slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I always get really sore on the first workout of each stage. After that first one, it gets much better!

Desiree- so glad you got the courage to head into the man cave. That was by far the hardest part for me.

I think I've decided to go ahead and finish all of stage one. The weights I started with this time are the weights I ENDED with the first time I did the program. I'm really working on increasing my weights this time. And I'm totally skipping the ab exercises this time (I don't feel like they did anything for me at all) and am adding on P90x ab ripper workout on the end of each NROL4W workout. Talk about sore! Good luck all!!
  • mazmataz
    Options
    So I may be imagining it...but I think I'm seeing results already?! I just whipped out my measuring tape and there *appears* to be 0.75" off of my hips and waist!

Not sure about the scale, TOM and I'm not going near that thing until it's over.

Anyone braved a 1/2 week measurement??
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am almost finished with Stage 1. I am happy with the results. My arms and shoulders are really shaping up. Feeling stronger every day. I am the loving the prone jack knifes. Still hate the push ups. I still have my hands on the bench instead of on the floor but I will get there. I have 60 more lbs to lose. Is there anyone out there doing NROLfw that is actually over weight?
  • mazmataz
    Options
    I am almost finished with Stage 1. I am happy with the results. My arms and shoulders are really shaping up. Feeling stronger every day. I am the loving the prone jack knifes. Still hate the push ups. I still have my hands on the bench instead of on the floor but I will get there. I have 60 more lbs to lose. Is there anyone out there doing NROLfw that is actually over weight?

Yup!! Stats are:

5'7"
    CW: 187lbs
    GW: 150
    UGW:140

So really still another good 47lbs to go!
  • DesireeNL
    Options
    So I may be imagining it...but I think I'm seeing results already?! I just whipped out my measuring tape and there *appears* to be 0.75" off of my hips and waist!

Not sure about the scale, TOM and I'm not going near that thing until it's over.

That's great! :-)

Do you work out 3x a week?
  • lawlorka
    Options

I can definitely see the difference already - I haven't measured but my trousers are so much looser and I can see it in the mirror - the scales haven't moved so its definitely because of the lifting!
  • mazmataz
    Options

That's great! :-)

Do you work out 3x a week?

Yup, 3 x week with maybe 2 cardio sessions throughout the week, Down a whole inch on my waist now! :)
  • DesireeNL
    Options
    Yup, 3 x week with maybe 2 cardio sessions throughout the week, Down a whole inch on my waist now! :)

Woah! :noway:

I haven't gone since last week :sad: I've been helping a friend who just got the key to her new house and it's pretty exhausting. Which is partially a legit excuse and partially convenient because I'm still a bit scared/intimidated to try work-out 1B. Damn, I should really make the time to go tomorrow!