Who's getting a next-gen console?

Options

Replies

• StarGeezer
    Options
    Aaaand the countdown is on! :laugh:

As far as the CD's/MP3's on the PS4...no biggie. I never rip from CD directly to the PlayStation--on the rare occasions I actually listen to music over the PS3/4, I typically just stream off my PC through my home LAN. So when the PS4 gets MP3 functionality sometime early next year, I'll be golden. Until then, that's right near the bottom of my list of concerns for the new launch.

I do however need to order a few extra HDMI cables...just to be sure. One would think they'd include them, but I'm not taking chances.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    One more week!

Amazon_PS4_1WeekToGo_zpsc08a7edf.jpg
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Free stuff for PS4 launch buyers.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/a-threefold-surprise-for-ps4-owners/
    We are excited to provide those of you in the US and Canada with a special promotional voucher in every PS4 box* that includes:
    - $10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store
    - 30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial
    - 30-day free Music Unlimited service trial**
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Options
    I am!!!! Getting both actually... My husband and I are just a couple of nerds ^-^ lol

CAN'T WAIT!!!
  • KirbyT16
    Options
    Free stuff for PS4 launch buyers.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/a-threefold-surprise-for-ps4-owners/
    We are excited to provide those of you in the US and Canada with a special promotional voucher in every PS4 box* that includes:
    - $10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store
    - 30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial
    - 30-day free Music Unlimited service trial**

Yay!!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    I am!!!! Getting both actually... My husband and I are just a couple of nerds ^-^ lol

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Nerds rule! LOL I'm getting both as well, feel free to add me when you get them (gamertag for both is StarGeezerTim.)
  • KirbyT16
    Options

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Nerds rule! LOL I'm getting both as well, feel free to add me when you get them (gamertag for both is StarGeezerTim.)

Sounds good! I am currently undecided on my gamertag.... I will let you know what it is once I get it haha.
    What types of games do you play?
  • StarGeezer
    Options

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sounds good! I am currently undecided on my gamertag.... I will let you know what it is once I get it haha.

Mostly into RPG's and action games like God of War and the like. Not a real huge shooter fan, just don't have the reflexes for it anymore. Although ironically, I did pre-order Destiny...ostensibly it's a shooter hybrid, but there's enough RPG and MMO genes in its makeup to make it compelling. Plus, I'm interested to see how Bungie does with a non-Halo title.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    PS4 for me!
  • KirbyT16
    Options

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Mostly into RPG's and action games like God of War and the like. Not a real huge shooter fan, just don't have the reflexes for it anymore. Although ironically, I did pre-order Destiny...ostensibly it's a shooter hybrid, but there's enough RPG and MMO genes in its makeup to make it compelling. Plus, I'm interested to see how Bungie does with a non-Halo title.

I had considered getting destiny, let me know what you think of it and I might pick it up! Right now I only have Ghosts and Knack preordered.
  • StarGeezer
    Options

CAN'T WAIT!!!

I had considered getting destiny, let me know what you think of it and I might pick it up! Right now I only have Ghosts and Knack preordered.

Will do, in fact Bungie has a deal where you get in on early Beta play if you pre-order, so I did. Will probably start the beta in the first quarter of next year.

And I have Knack pre-ordered as well. Will be my first launch title for the PS4.
  • KirbyT16
    Options
    I picked up Knack, Ghosts, and an extra controller tonight. I wish it was the 15th already haha
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Just got my email confirmation from Amazon. PS4 is on its way! Will be here Friday. :smokin:

Unfortunately, Knack isn't scheduled to be here until Monday. Ahh well, I think they said they'll have some launch day goodies for download.
  • KirbyT16
    Options
    Just got my email confirmation from Amazon. PS4 is on its way! Will be here Friday. :smokin:

Unfortunately, Knack isn't scheduled to be here until Monday. Ahh well, I think they said they'll have some launch day goodies for download.

Did you check reviews on Knack? (http://www.ign.com/games/knack/ps4-161070) It got a 5.9- so, not great... but I am still excited to check it out! If I can, I am going to keep the same gamertag, (we can keep the same name as on PS3 right?) I will message it to you! You will probably get your PS4 set up before me (sadly I can't pick up mine until after work, so it will be about 5 CST)- add me if you want!
  • StarGeezer
    Options

Did you check reviews on Knack? (http://www.ign.com/games/knack/ps4-161070) It got a 5.9- so, not great... but I am still excited to check it out! If I can, I am going to keep the same gamertag, (we can keep the same name as on PS3 right?) I will message it to you! You will probably get your PS4 set up before me (sadly I can't pick up mine until after work, so it will be about 5 CST)- add me if you want!

I'm taking what many of the early reviews say with a huge grain of salt: many are based on "preview" builds, and IGN has a history of a certain bias against anything that doesn't include explosions and headshots (as I recall, they hated Kameo when it came out, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.)

Regrettably, my UPS guy saves me until one of his last stops of the day, so I probably won't get it much before you (it's not unheard of for him to stop here at 6:00 p.m. Eastern or later.) So far as I know, we can both keep our current gamertag and "link" our real name to our friends via social media. I'm lead to understand that the latter is optional, and you can choose who sees your real name and who doesn't, but we'll know for sure tomorrow. For sure add me, I'll be looking for your FR.

EDIT: Here's a bit more balanced review of Knack. http://revision3.com/rev3gamesreviews/knack-review
  • KirbyT16
    Options
    Hopefully he is early tomorrow! Haha :)

I completely agree, IGN is harsh on any game that doesn't have some of those more extreme elements. I am excited to play it. Hopefully I get everything set up right when I get home on Friday. I will probably check out Ghosts first- I can get more house work done (I have company coming in town this weekend- friends from school, our plan is to game ALL weekend) when playing Search because I can clean while I am waiting for the next round. Sad but true.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I actually find IGN pretty accurate when a game isn't called COD, I go by metacritic but in the end I just read the review and make my choice based on the points they bring up. For example, COD: Ghost was a "never ever going to buy" for me but I read the IGN review and all the negative points they brought up were the reason I bought it and it's a huge improvement over the last 73 COD games!
  • KirbyT16
    Options
    Same- I buy what I want. It doesn't matter what the reviews say. :)
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Pretty much the same here: I allow the reviews (and reviewers) to inform my decision and not dictate it. Reviews are, at the end of the day, someone's opinion. and what they may view as a pro- or con- to a title may actually be the opposite of what your own experience and expectation may be.