Spreadsheet for bodyfat, BMR, TDEE, progress tracker

Options

Replies

• cupcakes_and_cardio
    Options
    I don't have excel, so I download another spreadsheet program, but it says it's "delimited" and won't let me open it correctly. Any advice?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I don't have excel, so I download another spreadsheet program, but it says it's "delimited" and won't let me open it correctly. Any advice?

Ah, delimited would be if it was purely data, and then you could import the data in to something that can use delimited.
    That means each cell of info is separated by a comma.
    Won't work for this spreadsheet at all.

If no Excel, then having a Gmail account and Google Drive means best option is to copy it your own Drive as your own spreadsheet - then you'll be allowed to change it.
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    save
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    BUMP.
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • itskcoughlin
    itskcoughlin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am going to be starting You are Your Own Gym soon. How would I mark this in the spreadsheet? Is it considered weight lifting?

Thanks so much!
  • heybales
    Options
    Hi

I am going to be starting You are Your Own Gym soon. How would I mark this in the spreadsheet? Is it considered weight lifting?

Thanks so much!

That line for calorie burn lifting is based on sets and rests of 2-4 between, and lifting range of reps up to probably 20 max. Because that form of lifting burns less calories.

Many bodyweight workouts can be in that description at the start, well, for a while, like with pullups or dips or pushups for instance.
    Eventually it may be easier and some of it doesn't fall in that range anymore.

So that program may start out with telling you to keep rests to less than 1 min, move on to another muscle exercise, only do so many reps or for only so long, and you'll come back around again.
    That would be more metabolic lifting, circuit training, and burns more calories.
    That style belongs in high cardio.

So still resistance, but more calorie burn that lifting line won't cover.
  • kiekie33
    Options
    Bump for later
  • mkplant
    mkplant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you haybales saving for later
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump to look at later nx
  • btwinkyb
    btwinkyb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just want to say heybales ROCKS! :OD
  • heybales
    Options
    Just want to say heybales ROCKS! :OD

That's nice an obsession can be described positively. ;-)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    bump
  • justdoit1106
    justdoit1106 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, thanks!
  • iwishihad
    iwishihad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am ever so thankful for this!!! I'm a numbers junkie and things just haven't been working out for me. Now hopefully I'll be able to make some progress and not have to scrap my BodyMedia Link out of frustration!
  • heybales
    Options
    I am ever so thankful for this!!! I'm a numbers junkie and things just haven't been working out for me. Now hopefully I'll be able to make some progress and not have to scrap my BodyMedia Link out of frustration!

You can easily confirm if the BM sensors are working well for you.

Look at your avg low sleep time calorie burn per minute.
    Now find some awake but unmoving time - reading, movie, TV, ect.
    Take both x 1440.
    There is your sleeping BMR they are using.
    There is your awake RMR they are using.

RMR should be about 150-250 over BMR. If exactly the same, the sensors aren't doing well for you, which means the BMR may not have adjusted to your BMR.
    Now true, that only means that 1/3 to 2/3 of your day non-moving is wrong values, but that could be 200-400 calories off in total.
    Moving time would still be step based at least, but increased burn the sensors are missing, so still off.
  • psylvester1
    Options
    bump