Options
13»

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Check out the "apparel" section:

http://www.jennyhadfield.com/tools

Missed this the first time around. The Versa Jacket link is broken, and the Featherlite Marathon Jacket is no longer available, but at least I can see what that one looks like.
  • solardippo
    solardippo Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Silk glove liners might work, if you can't find light technical gloves.

(Remy says that technical comes from the Greek root, teknikos, meaning "expensive")

HA!

I am going to try to get a second pair of shoes in the next week, so will have a look at the expensive/technical range in the running shop. For now I bout a 75p pair of thin fleece ones...
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That's a good suggestion about the silk gloves - I use a pair of Thinsulate gloves for walking the dog and they're toasty warm but I know if I was running with them on I'd have sweaty hands in no time. We sell silk gloves at work (for going under motorcycle gloves) so I'll buy some of them (woohoo for a staff discount though they're not hugely expensive to begin with).

I've been using capris up 'til now but bought full length winter tights a while back in anticipation of the frost arriving - not sure I like them though as I feel like my calves are restricted. They aren't, it's all in my head but it's just a weird sensation. I'll have to get used to them as it's a bit chilly for bare lower legs now :)
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I love my Puma 1/2 zip performance top. It is warm, windproof, shower resistant, has thumb holes, a close fitting hood that doesn't blow down, and recently I discovered the hood has a hole for your ponytail! I wear long tights if it's really cold, I've tried wearing base layers under them but I can't bend my knees, lol! But to be honest I don't really feel the cold.