SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oy my fellow sharks I got nothing in this week :( I've neen so busy and tired I literally got zero anything :( except water lol sorry to not be a help this week but between appts hubbys work schedule and three holiday dinners I've been cleaning shopping amd baking lol next week is hopefully a new week! Sorry to be so vacant this week I hope you all had a good week!
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharks! I hope that our American Sharks had a happy Thanksgiving - thank you to our non-American Sharks for wishing us well yesterday :smile:

Here are my results from Tuesday - Friday

TUESDAY
    Workout: 60 minutes (stationary bike 40 min + circuit training 20 mi)
    Calories: 368
    Water: +5
    Reps: none
    Stretch time: 10 minutes

WEDNESDAY
    Workout: none
    Calories: 0
    Reps: 100 (50 crunches, 50 wall push-ups)
    Stretch time: 0
    Posted second positive personal attribute

THURSDAY
    Workout: 20 minutes (chair aerobics)
    Calories: 129
    Reps: 350 (200 crunches, 150 wall push ups)
    Stretch time: 10 minutes

FRIDAY
    Workout: 60 minutes (stationary bike)
    Calories: 447
    Reps: 100 (crunches)
    Stretch time: 8 minutes

I hope that the scale will be friendly to me in the morning :blushing:
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I hope that the scale will be friendly to me in the morning :blushing:

^^^^ Ditto!

Friday
    41 mins, 497 cals Insanity Plyo
    8 mins stretching done
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :heart: Workouts
    Friday 60 minutes yard work clean up 279 cals
    Saturday 0 minutes 0 cals

:bigsmile: Reps:
    Friday & Saturday 0

:glasses: Flex goal 8 min on Friday, 0 Saturday

:flowerforyou: Personal
    Done earlier

:drinker: All POINTS this week for water and all for Thanxoxogiving workouts.

Rested and Ready....I think we are all LOSERS!!!!!
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY:

WORKOUT: 45 minutes circuit training
    Calories burned: 465

REPS: 100 (50 sit-ups and 50 reverse crunches)

STRETCHING: 8 minutes

Water: 9 glasses

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    OK, here's my latest report:

Thursday: 50 minute walk with my stepmom, 150 calories; 100 reps; 8 minute stretch
    Friday: 35 minute walk with dad and stepmom, 105 calories; 8 minute stretch
    Saturday: 30 minutes with Leslie, 177 calories; 200 reps

I entered this on the chart, and I totaled Friday and Saturday in Friday's column. (I thought I remembered Sheri saying to do that so she wouldn't have to create columns for Saturday...am I right?!)

I'm looking forward to a new week after all my dietary and fitness indiscretions this past week!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Ali & Pam,
    Thanks for updating chart - I had a power cut today so was unable to log in.
  • pamcuster
    Options
    I just wanna go on record as saying that I'm going crazy with the lack of activity on here!

:tongue:
  • jaajh
    Options
    I just wanna go on record as saying that I'm going crazy with the lack of activity on here!

LOL! Know how you feel. 4th time I have been on here today too! We will just have to send each other silly faces Pam :grumble: :noway: :bigsmile:
  • jaajh
    Options
    For any of you who might no have seen Sheri's status update, here it is:

"I am SO sorry everyone...with my mom here I have had zero time to work on this weeks challenge. First off....its like 4:30 in the morning...so I am going back to sleep but I just wanted you guys to know the challenge will run Monday - Saturday this week since I haven't been able to put up the challenge - I will get it up sometime today/tonight - Because I'm running so late though...if you have a Sunday workout you can use it towards the challenge this week as well. So if Sunday is a normal day for you...it Will Count! I'm sorry to be so far behind...I just haven't had any alone time to work on this....I appreciate your patience with me!"

Hope that explains the silence a little, but I have to admit I was pleased to have the extra day of rest. REALLY need to get back into a routine tomorrow though! I am sure she is going to hit us HARD this week though after having been so kind recently :smile:
  • nonnalynn
    Options

LOL! Know how you feel. 4th time I have been on here today too! We will just have to send each other silly faces Pam :grumble: :noway: :bigsmile:

LOL!!! We have all just walked into the quiet room and looked around and decided to return later leaving no notes! Makes me envision a movie scene. The Sharx (yeah, I like the X!) must be chomping at the bit to get rolling. We are rearing to go. Sharx never sleep, so a rest week makes us rammy and atsy. Remember not to cry when Sheri tells us some CrAzY week 9 :cry: requirements!!!
    And....:explode: :explode: :ohwell: :glasses:
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Remember not to cry when Sheri tells us some CrAzY week 9 :cry: requirements!!!

Just saw week 9 :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: Oh I forgot!
  • nonnalynn
    Options
    Remember not to cry when Sheri tells us some CrAzY week 9 :cry: requirements!!!

Just saw week 9 :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: Oh I forgot!

just saw week 9 :noway: :huh: :explode:
    Go ahead and cry (with me:cry: ) but let's not cry UNCLE!!!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    And after my Thanksgiving slips (OK, deliberate bad choices,) I ate chocolate chip cookies today... :grumble:

I *have* to get serious! :explode:

Like I said before, I just seem to be having a harder time this challenge...staying focused or something...

Aaaaannnddd, now my husband and youngest son have the cold that my oldest son had...it will be a miracle if I don't get it! :angry:
  • pamcuster
    Options
    For Sunday:

workout: 60 minute yoga
    HIIT: 20 minutes
    stretch: 10 minutes
    new reps: 200 UB
    For the new reps, I did a thing on YouTube called "upper body cardio workout in bed with Laurel House." I didn't do it in bed, though! And there were a LOT more reps than that, but it felt kinda cheesy to claim several hundred reps with no weight added. (I stopped counting at 350...but I'll just say '200' since we don't have to have that many anyway.) And maybe I'll do some weighted reps of some kind another day this week...

BTW, Sharks eat a lot, right? :laugh: :ohwell:
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!

I'm so sorry I didn't make it on here yesterday with my workouts and weigh in. I didn't weigh myself and I was only able to get a 45 minute workout in on Friday. I think I'm eliminated???? I didn't see any names listed (maybe everyone assumed I dropped?). ANYWAY, I'm going to go ahead with the challenge this week. I'm sorry if I've let you guys down this week.
  • jaajh
    Options
    Hey Guys!

I'm so sorry I didn't make it on here yesterday with my workouts and weigh in. I didn't weigh myself and I was only able to get a 45 minute workout in on Friday. I think I'm eliminated???? I didn't see any names listed (maybe everyone assumed I dropped?). ANYWAY, I'm going to go ahead with the challenge this week. I'm sorry if I've let you guys down this week.

I have no idea Samantha! I will write to ask Sheri and let you know. BUT STILL KEEP GOING WITH US - WHATEVER SHE SAYS!

And to all the rest of you: :noway: :grumble: :devil: :laugh: to that week 9!!! Not a single :sad: in there though! WE CAN DO THIS SHARKS! :bigsmile: Let's show those other teams what we are made of!

And I also laughed at the fact that I made the top 6 with just a 0.4 lb loss!! Got to love Thanksgiving! :heart:
  • jaajh
    Options
    Here is the summary for this killer week!

WORKOUT: :heart: :love: :grumble: :grumble:

Part 1) 60/60/90/90 (The 90 minutes can be broken up. Must have a minimum of 20 minutes to count at all though) :noway:

Part 2) HIIT. 4 sessions of 15 minutes (Best at a different time to your other workout or on a "down" day) :huh:
    Do 2.5 minutes warm up and 2. minutes cool down. Other 10 minutes to be divided into 7 lots of 60 seconds HIIT followed by 0 seconds recovery. Examples of High intensity include burpees, high knees, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, fast feet, etc.

REPS: :happy: (She has gone easy on us here! :love: )

100 NEW reps (could be a variation on old ones, but something new to you)

STRETCHING: (Our old favourite :flowerforyou: )

5 minutes x 2 on 2 days. Can break it into 2.5 minute segments.

PERSONAL: Give up a staple for this week. Choose your least favourite rep to do as a punishment if you succomb to the temptation! :explode: :mad: :grumble: :grumble:
    E.g. I know I SHOULD gibe up bread (not yet decided if I am strong enough for this!!!) If I do give it up, I will do 15 push-ups as a penance!
    (Now I am going to have to think about whether I take that plunge or not! Give up bread for a week :noway: )

LET'S DO THIS SHARKS!:bigsmile:
  • jaajh
    Options
    OK - I was looking for something encouraging / challenging to post for you all today and I came across this:

GyRvox9.jpg

So I guess that all those "I really can't give up bread for a week" thoughts that I have been having since I last posted on here about 4 hours ago are LIES! I am going to try to do it :noway: Although I will have failed at lunchtime because I have made a treat the kids have been wanting for ages - it's a meal from the north of Mali called Wajula, which is basically a spicy steamed bread roll that you eat with a tomato and meat sauce. Sounds weird but is delicious. And after all the effort I have put in to make it, you can be sure I will be trying some. Sure it really does count as bread though, so 25 push-ups for me today!

So ... my staple give up for the week is bread :cry: can I will do 25 push-ups as a penance if I fail. Since I can not do 25 push-ups in one go, that will be 2 sets of push-ups (Max I can manage is 12 - 15! The latter on a "good" day!) Not looking forward to today's 25 already (especially as I had to do 25 just yesterday for another challenge I am involved in!!! :sad: )
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Hey there Sharks .... and Ali don't knock been in the top 10 with 0.4 loss ... you are rocking this challenge as always :flowerforyou:

Well I have just read the challenge ... a bit late too ... as I want to give up bread and already ate some yesterday and earlier today, so I guess I will have to do two lots of penance. My penance will be burpees .... I really HATE them, I can do approximately 7 at a time, so will get 2 lots done today for my bread issues yesterday and today.

On a positive note my workout from yesterday counts :wink:

So ....

Sunday.
    #1 60 mins circuit training - 602 cals. (60/90/90 mins w/o's still to do.
    #2 HIIT - not done ( 4 sessions of 15 minutes yet to do)
    #3 REPS - zero (100 new reps to be done)
    #4 STRETCHING: not today (5 minutes x 2 on 2 days yet to do)
    #5 Giving up bread - will do at least 7 burpees if I fail (already doing 14 today as I did not read challenge until 10 mins ago :explode: )

That's all for now folks.