Introduce yourself!

Replies

• clbooker76
    clbooker76 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi, I'm Cindy. This is my first time here. I've been tracking what I eat for awhile and have done well. Hoping that this challenge jump starts my exercising. My husband just had the gastric sleeve surgery (on 11/25/13). With the two weeks prep for the surgery and since his surgery he has lost 30 lbs.!! So proud of him. Now, it's time for me to be proud of me. I will post every evening, although it may be late when I do. I'm excited to see everyone's progress!!
  • Hi, I'm Alba and I am the mother of 2 young children amd I'm a graduate student. I've been trying to lose weight but my lack of motivation amd difficulty with emotional eating are challenges I have to overcome. The structure of this challenge is exactly what I need to push me amd motivate me. I make this commitment for myself b cause my health is important so that I can be there for my children. Also I graduate in May 2014 and I have a personal goal of attndimg my graduation in a size 12 dress which I already bought. It's hanging in my closet and every day I look at it as motivation. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to read about all the progress everyone makes.
  • RebeccaWilliams115
    RebeccaWilliams115 Posts: 188 Member
    Hey everyone!

My name is Becky and this is my first time doing the ultimate accountability challenge. I am doing this challenge with my sister and excited to start tomorrow :)

I am trying to stick to a strict diet this holiday season so I don't end up gaining a significant amount of weight like I usually do. Hoping this challenge will help me stay motivated so I can start being a healthier person.
  • Rainyday816
    Rainyday816 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Jane. I'm a 19-year-old college student and currently I'm 5'10 and around 208 pounds. This will be my first Accountability Challenge - I've been on and off MFP for a while and I'm looking for a way to help me stick to it better. I'm really ready to make this change but I'm really nervous about this next month. Christmas, traveling, and finals... it should be a challenging month, but maybe this little contest will help. =)
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    It's so good to see some of the "old" (nothing personal) and new peeps joining this December challenge. A lot of new faces for sure and I know you are all thinking - What have I gotten myself into? What was I thinking? It's Christmas!! It's Hanukkah!! It's Kwanzaa!! It's the Holidays!! There's no way I can do this....WHY even try??

That's exactly why you SHOULD try!! You know there are going to be food challenges this month. There are going to be many excuses NOT to exercise. Remember your WHY!! Why are you doing this? Why are you eating better? Why are you moving everyday? Why are you logging everyday? Why do you want to get heathy? Your WHY will never let you down!!! :bigsmile:
  • garyandkimber
    garyandkimber Posts: 156 Member
    Hi! I'm Kimber. :-)

I'm 35, and my weight has been yo-yoing for several years now after having kids.

This is my first month to try the accountability challenge. I'm ready to get serious about getting back to my weight in my early 20's. Feel free to friend me. I could use the extra support and accountability!

Good luck, everyone!
  • bottemil13
    bottemil13 Posts: 21 Member
    Sounded like a lot at first but I realize it might just be perfect to keep me on top of everything! I am really good at tracking every day, usually good with staying at or under calories BUT suck at getting moving. So bring on the challenge.

I have only been on MFP for about 3 months now. My plan was to lose 5 lbs a month which worked for the first two but November has been pretty pathetic in the weight loss area. So here is to a new month! although the 25th and the 31st are going to be killer to stick to.

Good luck to all!
  • smallersandy
    smallersandy Posts: 15 Member
    Hi my name is Sandy. I am 43. I have 3 sons ages 14-16 and 21. I have been married 22 years. I have managed to gain about 111 pounds since I got married. I have gained and lost weight so much over the years and now I am really determined to do this once and for all. I love this for the accountability. I just signed up for the challenge. I am scared to death but ready to make a change. Thanks for doing this
  • Lune1980
    Lune1980 Posts: 27 Member
    Hi my name is Christine. I'm doing mfp since april and was really good at tracking everything I eat at first, but lately I'm having trouble to meet my goals. I'm hoping this challenge will help me get back on track. I'm 33 and just a few pounds away to be a my health weight. I'm looking forward to reach it.

Goog luck everyone!
  • Darrowland
    Darrowland Posts: 15 Member
    Hi, I'm Dar and am very interested in this challenge. I get in my walking/running daily, but have been very lazy recording my food. I love a challenge, and hope to make it through the month with a completed food journal.
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Hi my name is Christine I am a nurse and massage therapist. I always love a challenge because it helps keep me on track. I am an active person, but with going to school and my busy life I get side tracked and forget to track my stuff on here. The best time for me to post is in the morning when I am having my coffee. So you will see Dec 1 tomorrow morning.
    My goal for this month is to go below 150. Every time I get there life gets in the way and I am back to 155.....This year I turned 50 and can see that my metabolism has changed, so I have calculated my BMR and TDEE so I am following the calorie count as per that. 149 here I come
  • chulita1493
    chulita1493 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi everyone my name is Michelle. I am 26 yo medical resident. My life consist of being at the hospital for about 16 hours daily with 1 day off a week. I have been struggling with making healthy decisions. I am here to be held accountable. I am committed to return to my starting weight before life got crazy. My motivation is my upcoming wedding! :)
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Hi, I'm Kim. I started MFP in January 2013 and lost 32 pounds. Then I got married in October, went on my honeymoon and have been lazy every since gaining back 10 pounds (sniff). I will be 49 on christmas eve and I need something like this to kick my butt back into action!

Look forward to meeting some new people and getting help challenging myself to work harder. My heart rate monitor has been my best friend through these last months and its seems to be pooping out on me. It always pushed me to just get a few more calories burned before I stop my workout. Not sure I want to spend the money on another one if they only work for 6 months!
  • jenn2403
    jenn2403 Posts: 136 Member
    Hello everyone!! My name is Jenn & I'm excited for this challenge, as I'm hoping to have already established these habits before the new year so I can meet my 2014 goal of losing 50lbs.
  • Hello everyone, joining this exciting challenge while having my cereal+walnut+milk :-) I will try as best as I can to stick with this challenge and have a nice start before 2014!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    I'm KB! wave.gif

Had a nice big breakfast to start December off right. lol I absolutely love this challenge. I'm glad to be a part of it again.

Feel free to add me for a daily dose of motivational support sprinkled with some silliness.

LET'S KICK SOME BUTT!!!! buttrock.gif
  • Julie61ann
    Julie61ann Posts: 183 Member
    Hi, I'm Julie. I lost close to 7 lbs in November! I started last month's November Ultimate Challenge knowing that for me, it wouldn't be TOO hard. All I had to do was track (no problem), stay under calories (not easy, but doable) and exercise ( I kinda like exercise and what's 20 minutes!!) I made it 25 days which I am proud of, although bummed that I lost just because I didn't pre-plan one day. I went over calories JUST because I ate without knowing what the calories were going to add up to and what's worse is that it WASN'T EVEN WORTH IT!!!!! I am not super excited for December's challenge because I will be on business/vacation for a week from the 6th - 13th and don't know what wifi will be like where we will be. I know I can still track without the computer but it will be SUPER HARD because I don't do well if I just guess what the calories will be and not know beforehand to plan around. If I can make it through the 13th, I am really going to be motivated to make it thru the rest of the month. Good luck to everyone and wish me luck while I'm eating out for so many meals in a row.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    I am an active person, but with going to school and my busy life I get side tracked and forget to track my stuff on here. The best time for me to post is in the morning when I am having my coffee. So you will see Dec 1 tomorrow morning.

Welcome, everyone! :)

Remember, you have three days to sign in, but you may not sign in at the beginning of your day. If the morning is the best time for you to sign in, then sign in in the morning to account for the *previous* day. So, sign in for December 1st on the morning of December 2nd.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    I made it 25 days which I am proud of, although bummed that I lost just because I didn't pre-plan one day. I went over calories JUST because I ate without knowing what the calories were going to add up to and what's worse is that it WASN'T EVEN WORTH IT!!!!! I am not super excited for December's challenge because I will be on business/vacation for a week from the 6th - 13th and don't know what wifi will be like where we will be.

Oh, man. Well, making it 25 days is an accomplishment too.

Let me know if you'll need extra sign-in time during your business trip. I'll make a note of it on my spreadsheet.
  • BeautyBeast2013
    BeautyBeast2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi I am Amanda 39 years old need to lose bout 30 pounds,feel free to add me need allt the support I can get