Watch my progress!

Options

Replies

• conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Weekly Update!

I haven't done cardio in over a week, and I haven't died or gotten fat. Whew! I have often read that others have taken time off of cardio....and have always wondered what that would be like without stressing about it. Now I know! No biggie! My knee is feeling pretty good with the exception of lateral twisting movements making me wince. I am able to do squats, DL's, step ups, leg ext and curls.

I thought my weight might jump or trend upward because of no cardio....but it stayed the same. I dialed down my TDEE to reflect the change of activity.

CW:177 ( up 4 lbs from SW)
    TDEE: 2531
    BMR: 1664
    Eating: 2200
    Waist: 30
    @Belly button: 31 (--1 inch)
    Hips: 37(--1 inch)
    Thigh: 22 ( --.5 inch)
    Neck: 13
    Bicep: 13

BF% avr 25.38 ( = 132 lbs LBM, thank you very much!)

29njprn.jpg

4k7gpy.jpg

The October pix are different angle--so body shap does look a bit different due to that. However....I am noticing the most difference in shoulders in pix. For clothing...I am wearing a pair of pants that I haven't worn in years! And they are bagging a bit in the legs and seat. NEVER happens to me! I think my legs are more shapely and less fat than they have ever been--even when I was a dance major in college! Overall, I am feeling more lean, and may drop my deficit down to 2000 to see how that goes. My plan is to try and drop some more fat before the holidays hit....then eat!! lol

I will say that I wish I had a work out partner. I would love to have someone to motivate with! I keep dragging friends over to the free weights....but they just haven't developed the passion for it like I have. *sigh*

ETA....why oh why must pix be so hard to post????? :ohwell:
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If pictures were easy then it wouldn't be fun! Lol great job. And, BTW, the only cardio do is my 5 minute warm up before lifting. Other than that its all chasing after the kids, cooking dinner....that kind of stuff. :)

I see a difference in your back for sure! The picture kind of cuts off on the right, but looking great!
  • abrnchood
    abrnchood Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey--you look SUPER! I wish I could see the bottom picture on the right a little better as it really looks like your legs and hips have firmed up even more than the last picture.

Thanks for posting--great motivation for me. And I wish I had a weight buddy, too!
  • conniedj
    Options
    Darn pic sizing issues!!! Here are yesterday's photos

otlz0i.jpg
    246onzt.jpg
  • perky12415
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for posting all the great motivation. :)
  • conniedj
    Options
    I didn't check in this past weds, as I was prepping for a video shoot....

I am on week 3 of "no cardio" although I have put cardio components into my workouts doing back to back weights.

I am maintaining at 177....and have not been strictly cutting. I just find that there are days that I feel more hungry--so I will just eat. It is usually protein that I am wanting.....

Monday will see me doing more of an actual cut....and adding cardio back in after lifting. I did a crosstraining class this morning--knee feels great! So I am ready to go!

No progress pix either, and no measurements. So really you just get to see my thoughts! : )

I do have people approaching me to say how awesome my workouts look, how strong I look....I chose to take them as good...lol. I am going into a really busy season for me. One of my projects that has been in development for 4+ years is looking like it might get picked up...possibly by a major network ( I create some original stuff for TV). Which means that I will be out in the mountains with my skis on at least one week out of every month until April. ((((((((happy)))))))))on so many levels! But travelling will also mean disruption in how I eat and work out. Food is always the biggest concern....I like to make my own.

I will post progress pix next week!
  • conniedj
    Options
    Weekly weekly....

CW: 176 (*finally* -1lb!)
    Both waist measurments are up .5 inches.....TOM is in the next coupla days.

Workouts: I am leveling out strength wise. Meaning I still lift pretty heavy...but it feels heavy. Today I did:

BP: 95lbs x 10, 115 x 8, 135 x 4, 95 x 10....The 135 I needed a spotter.
    BR: 95 lbs x 10 3 sets
    DL: 135 x 10....8..5
    OHP: 85lbs x 10--2 sets, 65lbs x 10
    Zumba only for legs today.

I notice that I am just hungry this week. And I have also noticed that what I eat has completely changed with the seasons. Lots of protein and potatoes with roasted veggies. Not so hungry for salad! Anyone else notice what you're hungry for changes with the seasons?

My knee is feeling completely normal again, and has allowed me to go back to doing some cardio. I am helping choreograph a HIIT class at the local Y too....very excited!

Today's Pix:
    29p2hw7.jpg

657hp1.jpg

Not a whole lotta change--but holding steady! I am curious to see if I trend downward in weight--and if that reveals the six pack that is hiding! :wink:

And I was quite dismayed to see some EM2WL sorta-bashing happening the other day. I just don't understand women that "try" something that is a lifestyle CHANGE without actually allowing your lifestyle to change? It's NOT a diet, it's the anti-diet, and given time....I think that it works! Just my 2 cents!

ETA: Look at those thighs, will ya??? lol. American for sure!
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Love following your progress, you look awesome! I hope to be lifting near those numbers at some point!

You're a great example for consistency and persistence for this group too :)
  • perky12415
    Options

My knee is feeling completely normal again, and has allowed me to go back to doing some cardio. I am helping choreograph a HIIT class at the local Y too....very excited!

ETA: Look at those thighs, will ya??? lol. American for sure!

The pictures a great again! Thanks of posting... I need to find the instructions again!!

Also... happy to hear your knee is normal again. Yippee!
  • conniedj
    Options
    @ perky: to post pix., you upload to a web based pix hosting site like photobucket.

get the html link provided

put [..img] html link here--no spaces[/img] the first img bracket, but without the ....in there! Viola!!

@Lia, thanks so much! I appreciate the kudos!!!
  • conniedj
    Options
    I also forgot to mention I am cutting 10-20% off of TDEE....but if I have a really big burn I will make sure that I am above my NET!

TDEE:2660
    BMR:1613
    Eating between 2000-2300 daily
  • perky12415
    Options
    @ perky: to post pix., you upload to a web based pix hosting site like photobucket.

get the html link provided

put [..img] html link here--no spaces[/img] the first img bracket, but without the ....in there! Viola!!

Thanks... I might go try it tonight... see how i'm feeling.

one question... which tab on the spreadsheet are you using for your TDEE calculation? Do you stick with simple set up or go beyond?
  • conniedj
    Options
    I use the simple set up, it's still comprehensive...and allows me to tweak my numbers weekly as they change pretty quickly! Naturally I use the rest of the set ups as well...I just tend to stick to the simple!

BTW....you can upload pix to your profile directly from your computer! The directions I gave previously were to post to a forum!
  • conniedj
    Options
    I haven't fallen off the face of the earth or that EM2WL wagon! I have a TV show that has been in development for a number of years and am <> this close to a deal with a TV network AND a web based network. I was trying to pull off a 3 way collaboration deal....but it seems neither wants to give concessions for what they want to own. OY. I am a freelance producer...and many many many times I am faced with situations that I have never faced before ( like every job). But brokering deals with networks is??? I have to laugh at the gumption I have! hahahahahaha! lol. I should know in the next

Anyway....I haven't logged food in weeks. I find that I am just too busy. And I just don't want to take the time to do it. No desire whatsoever! I am just logging workouts. I am holding steady between 176-177 lbs. I am guessing that I am eating between 2400-2700/day. I will actually weigh in and do measurements tomorrow. I *feel* like I have put on a bit of fat. measurements will tell tomorrow.

I will probably just maintain during the Holidays....eat the food, right? And then when all "resolutionaries" hit the gym.....I will buckle down if my show isn't green lit. If it is...all heck will break loose...traveling a week out of every month.....and Sochi for 10 days in March. Yikes.

I will check back in tomorrow....probably won't do pix....will post measurements......holding steady for the moment is just fine with me!
  • conniedj
    Options
    Quick check in!!

Still maintaining both weight and measurements. Still not logging food--just workouts.

I had an awesome workout today! New PR for squats: 155--which is awesome for me, as I have had to take it super slow since my left patellar tendon was popping to the side when I did squats. It turns out it may have been my shoes! I just got some merrel minimalists crosstraining shoes. I LOVE them! There is no cush--but it changes my stance in everything so that I am using stabilizer muscles more effectively. They also cause me to NOT heel strike...Again love!

I also found a woman to lift with. So I have gone back to doing just the Fab five ( bench press, squat, bent row, dead lift, over head press). She is just starting out--but is totally motivated with really good natural form. I am essentially training her for the first few weeks--but totally worth it for me to have a spotter! I was able to get 4 reps in on a 135 Bench press without fearing I was going to drop the bar on myself. And my clean and presses went up to 75 lbs today (3 sets thank you very much!). I think....I KNOW that all the good thanksving eating has fueled me back up!

Maybe I will do pix sometime soon....we'll see. I am just enjoying the freedom from not logging food. And plan on eating through the holidays....
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Excellent, having fun with progress on the bar it sounds like.

Glad you found the Merrill glove shoes, I like them, and still want to do some trail running in them.

It would be interesting to see what the measurements are doing at this workout level.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Quick check in!!

Still maintaining both weight and measurements. Still not logging food--just workouts.

I had an awesome workout today! New PR for squats: 155--which is awesome for me, as I have had to take it super slow since my left patellar tendon was popping to the side when I did squats. It turns out it may have been my shoes! I just got some merrel minimalists crosstraining shoes. I LOVE them! There is no cush--but it changes my stance in everything so that I am using stabilizer muscles more effectively. They also cause me to NOT heel strike...Again love!

I also found a woman to lift with. So I have gone back to doing just the Fab five ( bench press, squat, bent row, dead lift, over head press). She is just starting out--but is totally motivated with really good natural form. I am essentially training her for the first few weeks--but totally worth it for me to have a spotter! I was able to get 4 reps in on a 135 Bench press without fearing I was going to drop the bar on myself. And my clean and presses went up to 75 lbs today (3 sets thank you very much!). I think....I KNOW that all the good thanksving eating has fueled me back up!

Maybe I will do pix sometime soon....we'll see. I am just enjoying the freedom from not logging food. And plan on eating through the holidays....
    Wow! Nice squat #! And bench press!! It's awesome to have another person to workout with and to spot you!! Can't wait to see pics!
  • conniedj
    Options
    Okay....I took Pix today. I don't mind the front side--but man, my butt looks HUGE! lol. I guess the big butt comes with the big squats, so I'll take it!

2vs0xmg.jpg
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ROFL! Great progress and ITA, I'll take a squat bootay!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yep! Big squat big booty!! Win win!! ????