Your Favourite Fat Bomb?

Options
Hi, KETO!

Just wondering what the most preferred fat bombs might be, both in terms of fat grams and taste.

I'm also new here, so if any keto folk would like to friend up, I'm all in.

DS

Replies

• Niccidawn092
    Niccidawn092 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My favorite is very simplistic. Just 2 tablespoons of PB, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon of cocoa powder.

It's about 30g fat, 8g protein and I think 4 net carbs.

I've tried other fat bombs, but this one is the one I consistently love the most.

I am curious to try others, though, so hopefully more people will share! Welcome to the group. :)
  • lebowski8
    lebowski8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm still experimenting to find the best one.

So far the best has been: 1 stick of butter, 8 tablespoons coconut oil, 35 g cocoa, 4 tbs peanut butter, 1/2 tsp of liquid stevia.

I tried a batch made with the above plus 6 tbs ground flaxseed. the flaxy flavor was weird.

next batch will be minus flax, and subbing coconut cream for coconut oil.
    Hi, KETO!

Just wondering what the most preferred fat bombs might be, both in terms of fat grams and taste.

I'm also new here, so if any keto folk would like to friend up, I'm all in.

DS
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DehydrationStation
    Options
    I'm assuming everyone is using natural, unsweetened peanut butter?

I'm hoping I can design something tasty using Hemp Hearts ( http://manitobaharvest.com/product/2/Hemp-Hearts-8oz.html ).
  • Chris_B62
    Chris_B62 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My favorite, though you must save some calories for the end of the day, is 1 Tbsp melted butter, 1 oz softened cream cheese. Mix together, then add 2 Tbsp Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter and 1 tbsp. splenda. JUMPIN GEHOSEPHAT IT'S GOOD.
  • DehydrationStation
    Options
    My favorite, though you must save some calories for the end of the day...

You'd have to save some carbs for the end of the day, too. That's 6g of carbs in 2 TBSP of peanut butter, and that's probably 90% sugar carbs. I'd be worried that might knock me right out of keto. But if it's working for you, more power to you. :)
  • Roze_Lintje
    Roze_Lintje Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I tried it twice now, but haven't found a great recipe yet.

First time I used 100 grams butter, 100 grams coconut oil, 30 grams cacao, 150 grams peanut butter and stevia. But the stevia gave it a weird after taste. Second time I tried the same recipe but with almond butter and erythritol but I didn't like the texture because the erythirtol didn't melt. Next time I want to try it without sweetener or a little bit of splenda. I also got myself hazelnutbutter, SO good, I have to use that for the next batch.
  • soxanderous
    soxanderous Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just made my 1st batch of fat bombs, 1 stick of butter, 120g coconut oil, 120 g almond butter, 4 squares Lindt 90% chocolate, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, one packet truvia.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I just made a batch last night :) new recipe:

1/2 cup (or 1 stick) unsalted butter
    1/2 cup of coconut oil
    1/2 cup of natural almond butter
    2-3 tsp of cocoa powder (depending on your taste)
    3 tsp of stevia (or more if you want it sweeter)
    1 tsp of pure vanilla extract

Melt over low heat, and then solidify in the freezer (I like to freeze them using mini muffin-top tins where each bomb is 1 tbsp and is roughly 110 calories/11g fat/1 carb per bomb)

Enjoy :)
  • DehydrationStation
    Options
    But the stevia gave it a weird after taste.

(Liquid stevia doesn't have the weird licorice after-taste that the powder does.)
  • DehydrationStation
    Options
    I like to freeze them using mini muffin-top tins

I hear Michael's Craft store has silicone candy-making trays that work perfect for this. Both in terms of size and getting the fat bombs out when they're hardened.
  • arcadia1983
    arcadia1983 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I add a bit of desiccated coconut to mine and it tastes a bit like bounty, which I love!
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Mine is simple. This makes 6 fat bombs set in cupcake patty pans.

1/2 cup Coconut Oil
    1/2 Cup Kraft (No added sugar/salt) Crunchy Peanut Butter
    1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
    1tbsp Natvia (stevia)
    1tbsp Cocoa

313 cals
    3g Carb
    30g Fat
    6g Protein
    207mg K
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few different recipes and I just can't get into the fat bomb. Part of the problem is it turns out artificial sweeteners really mess with me. Any good recipes for an unsweetened fat bomb out there?
  • DehydrationStation
    Options
    artificial sweeteners really mess with me

Have you tried stevia? It's quite rare for people to be sensitive to that.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    3 tbsp of butter, 3 tbsp of coconut oil, 3 tbsp of hazelnut butter, cacao, 1 tsp of cinnamon, pouring into candy cups, makes about 12. 1 fatbomb has about 83 calories, 9 grams of fat and 1 gram of carbs, 1 gram of protein and half a gram of fiber.

I never use artificial sweetener with them.
  • Roze_Lintje
    Roze_Lintje Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Made some new ones yesterday and they are so good!

50 grams of unsalted butter
    50 grams of coconutoil
    50 grams of hazelnutbutter
    15 grams of cacao powder
    30 grams of coconut flakes
    1 gram of splenda
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have tried stevia in the past and haven't liked the aftertaste. It's been a few years though so I should get some again.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I make 2 at a time or I go overboard.
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 tbsp fine unsweetened coconut
    3-5 drops vanilla cream stevia
    @ 135 cal each with 1 net carb, 13g fat and 3g protein.
  • hernamewasdana
    Options
    I have tried stevia in the past and haven't liked the aftertaste. It's been a few years though so I should get some again.

I have never tried any stevia products, but I have read over and over that liquid stevia doesn't have the aftertaste the powder does. Just wanted to throw that out there in case you would find it helpful!