Introductions

Options

Replies

• joycea123
    joycea123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This challenge sounds perfect for me. I moved to be with my long distance boyfriend a couple of weeks ago and I can already see that it's going to be a challenge eating well and exercising because my life before was very different and he doesn't seem to share my priorities in this area. Also, my graduate thesis is due at the end of January, so I'm under a lot of pressure to get it finished and I tend to stress eat. I've put on 5lbs in just a couple of weeks and don't want it to get out of control.

Here's wishing everyone a very happy and healthy 2014! We can do this - Bring on January!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am excited to do this challenge! I need the motivation and I always love challenges. I am committed to checking in every day, and will track every day. The hard part will be to stay in my calorie range every single day. This challenge will give me the motivation and competitive drive to do just that :-) I like to work out, so the extra push to do something on my "off" days will be a good way to start the new year.

I am a working mom of two, and this is a very busy time of year at work for me, so bring on the challenge!!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    HELLO again to Caradae, my old challenge pals and all you newbies it is 2014!
    Well darn near! And if you joined this group you are ready for it to begin. Because you are looking forward to the new year with hope and a lot of hard work (most of us at least). And a NEW SLIMMER YOU!!!!
    I am Be~ I have been doing this challenge for a few months now. And I can honestly say it keeps tabs on ME! I feel guilty if I fail to log in my daily accountability or if I catch myself starting to stumble. If I find myself eating a bit more. I know I gotta go for a walk, or work out. Because I ate that little yummy and NOW I have to work it off! I try to check in every night but I have been tired with excess worry over these last few weeks and just seem to drift off to sleep too early! But I always check in the next day!
    This can be done.
    You can do this.
    It takes great effort and planning
    but it is worth it.
    Because this is for

YOU and YOUR life!

Good luck and you can always message me if you need me!
    HERE WE GOOOOOOOO.............................
  • Simmysamtha
    Simmysamtha Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sam and I've just found this challenge and as I need to get rid of all the weight I've put back on a good tough challenge seemed the best plan for Januarya.

I'm 45 and have always found it very easy to put on weight and very hard to get rid of it.

Hopefully I'll make it through the full month without slipping.
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :) My name is Christine, and I'm a 22 year old recent college grad (May 2013), doing graphic design.

My MFP calorie goal is 1200 because I'm at my last 20-25 lb to lose, but I plan on eating more than that most days, when I run and do weight training. My first goal of 2014 is to complete the couch to 10k app, and for one meal a day for the month of January to be a protein smoothie (all natural fruits/yogurt/etc though, not a store-bought "shake").

I want to feel confident in a bikini this summer, and I also want to develop permanent healthy habits. I'm inspired by my boyfriend's grandmother from Switzerland who is 75 and a yoga instructor and goes cycling and hiking daily.

I'm new to this website, so I hope I can remember to log in every day! I'm glad this exists, thank you to the creator :)
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have tried to complete the Nov and Dec challenges, but maybe January will by the "third time is the charm." I am able to comply with all the daily requirements, my problem is the daily reporting, especially when I'm not at work. So, while I kept within my calories and exercised every day, when on vacation I would forget to "check in" in the group site.

:happy:
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I am ready for a new year:)
  • BeautyBeast2013
    BeautyBeast2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Thank you again for the invite. I had a very hard month last month. Had illness after illness, sinus,flu,stomach bug and just strating to feel me again. Since I was ill just let everything go until I start feeling better.

My name is Amanda I am 30 and need to lose bout 30 pounds,

Pls all add me to your frhiends list love to keep up with you and looking for motivation and support to help me keep going
  • Jillybeanfit
    Jillybeanfit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jill, this will be my third month doing this challenge and it has helped me stay on track everyday, I used to slightly go over now I am within a few hundred calories left each day! I will be in Mexico for three weeks this month so it will defiantly keep me active while I'm away and not overdrink as well!
  • amina_a10
    amina_a10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Amina. This is my first time doing this challenge. I am excited and ready to make 2014 my year! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm Joy.
    So excited to start this challenge. I'm looking forward to participating daily. Everyone seems very supportive. :smile:
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm going to try this challenge again in January. I tried this month, but didn't get very far :) I'm going to do much better this go 'round! One Day At a Time!!!
  • smallersandy
    smallersandy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Sandy. I tried the challenge a few days last month but ended up pulling out my back and was in a lot of pain for a few days. I decided to let the challenge go. I am feeling better and ready to go. Thanks for doing this !!
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for January! Love this challenge- anxious to give it my all this time around. :) I'm here to lose weight in January and get back to exercise again. I think I'm going to do a Jillian Michaels DVD. Add me if you'd like MFP friends with the same goals!
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    WELCOME EVERYONE!!! :flowerforyou:

So glad to see soooo many wanted to start the new year off right!! :drinker: Today is the last day of the old you. The last day for all those bad habits. The last day for not moving daily. The last day of hating yourself. :love: We are all here for a new beginning for the new year and the new you!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :bigsmile:

Stay focused, stay strong, and don't give up on yourself.....I KNOW WE WON'T!!! :noway:
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Cindy. December was my first challenge. Looking forward to doing it all again! It definitely helps me stay on track. Thanks for the challenge! Happy New Year!
  • carlalsummer
    Options
    Hi My name is Carla I have used my fitness pal a year ago and it helped me stay on track and am looking for others who are focusing on their health with suggestions and ideas. I am looking forward to the 12 week challenge.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Gus and I love caradae's challenges. I have won three and lost two so far. In the new year, I would like to lose 100 pounds. Big goals from a big person.
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Rachel Adams. I'm a former military wife and mom to an active 7 year old and to one little angel. I am trying to lose weight to better help my PCOS and so far from the last few challenges I have lost 10 lbs. total and hope to keep losing! I enjoy the whole accountability challenge because it keeps me straight and I try to stay under my calorie needs but not too much under...which doesn't seem to happen alot I'm usually wayyyyyy under. I have won 3 challenges in a row which made me feel good cos all the checking made more conscious about my water in take and exercises.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow determined health and fitness fans. December was tough wasn't it? I'm not sure I even made it halfway through December's challenge without having to bow out. We spend the Christmas season lovingly putting others first, but in January we give ourselves permission to put ourselves first. I'm brimming with optimism that I will be a healthier version of me by February 1st. Hoping the same for all of you.