January Whole30

2»

Replies

• Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    I'm really gearing up for this Whole30! It's going to be a good one :D
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    I am in. I did Whole 30 for 33 days last year, and then in early December, did it for about 12 days and fell off the bandwagon due to holidays/vacation/travel.
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    I'm so stoked!! Looking forward to feeling better and resetting :) This is my second go round at Whole30 and I remember how great I felt during the first one so I'm well excited for this one too!
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    What a good idea! I hadn't thought of doing one. I've tried before. I got caught out - newbie mistake. I had chicken Satay about 15 days in ....just not registering peanuts aren't paleo until after I ate it. I think for the month, 100% of food needs to be home made for me, that will help my bank balance too :)
  • LindsayT2012
    LindsayT2012 Posts: 60 Member
    I would like to join can you please add me? Thank you
  • vicksterious
    vicksterious Posts: 8 Member
    I'm in also, starting day one today! Finished my first one in November and did well through most of December and then completely derailed over the last week with Christmas, New Years and two family birthdays. Ready to get back on the wagon!
  • climberchic
    climberchic Posts: 83 Member
    I'm in! I did it in the fall and did great. I have made several attempts since but always fall off the wagon. I'm in it with a family member and we are down!!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    hey! decided last night to join in, started today! can you add me to the group please? definitely need support, i am such a sugar junkie
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Props to all that are doing this. I can attest that last year, when I did Whole30, it made HUGE changes in my life. Not just my waistline, but the health benefits are what are really amazing!
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    I am doing my second whole30 as well (becaue I completely went of kilter after my first one ended on dec. 2) I gained back all the weight I had lost, too. So here I am again!
  • climberchic
    I agree 100%, the health benefits really are the winning aspect.
  • vicksterious
    vicksterious Posts: 8 Member
    Agreed! I've actually never lost any weight doing it but I feel 150% better about 2 weeks in.
  • climberchic
    Hey everyone!! Day 6!! How is it going? The eating is going well, but mentally I WANT sugar. Not sugar exactly but it would be nice to have a hot coffee with some amazing hazelnut creamer. That is my gateway food/drink into unhealthy eating. Once this whole30 is over I'm going to start making paleo creamer. I've tried it before and it was good.

Any stories to share?

Oh! I started dreaming again!!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Hi,
    Please add me too. I am in. Started on 31st December so am at day 11.. and hoping to finish one month, then go into another.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    I'm on Day 4. I plan to follow whole30 all the way through March to get me through my marathon. I may continue on after that. Feel free to add me!
  • I started January 6. It's my first Whole 30. I have been eating Atkins-/Keto-ish for the past 10 years, however have been diagnosed with a lactose intolerance and am finally ready to go dairy free. I am very excited and feeling good so far. Add me if you like.
  • Kaelitr0n
    For those that started January 1, we're 2/3 done with this one!

How is everyone doing?
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    For those that started January 1, we're 2/3 done with this one!

How is everyone doing?

Feeling good but wanting it to end! lol
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    I'm doing ok. I have had a couple of oopsies, but I am still losing inches. Not sure of the pounds because I haven't stepped on the scale.

I am wanting some potato soup with bacon and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese so I will not be joining in on the February Whole 30 just because there are foods that I would like to have that aren't considered part of the whole 30 challenge but are perfectly fine on the Paleo / Primal template as a whole.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Thanks for asking Kaelitr0n.
    I am now on day 23. My weight has not budged for 12 days-- somewhat frustrating.
    But - I am post appendectomy.. and maybe it has something to do with the antibiotics or infection or something.
    However, I am enjoying the food. So far I am not tempted.. but I saw at the movies recently the almost automatic habit to go buy something..
    Good luck everyone.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Hey all,

Checking in!

I wanted to ask about BPA and acne. My acne has become quite a bit worse since starting my whole30, especially in the "hormonal" areas around my mouth. For the most part I've only taken items OUT of my diet, but I have added coconut milk which I have everyday with my coffee, or with berries.

Apparently BPA can cause acne? I have two tablespoons of coconut milk a day, which doesn't seem like a lot, but my body is very sensitive to hormones in general.

Thoughts?? I'm going to stop having coconut milk to see if it helps.

Hope everyone's doing well!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    I wish I had seen this thread earlier!! Day 23 here...and while I was starting to get discouraged ( clothes did not feel looser to me, no "Tiger Blood" ) I had to step on the scale at the gyno's office last night, and I am down five pounds! I know we are not supposed to weigh, but that was just what I needed to motivate me to keep going.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    @ahviendha: I've heard that cleanses sometimes make skin worse before it gets better. I don't know if thats whats going on in your case though.

I am on day 21! So far so good. I haven't stepped on a scale yet but I feel thinner. I was pretty close to my highest weight when I started though so I am not obviously looking any slimmer but hopefully I am on the right track.

No really cravings other than alcohol occasionally but it passes. I am feeling really great otherwise. I am going to stick to Paleo and work on lowering my carb in take after my 30 days are up. I am looking forward to paleo pancakes!
  • Kaelitr0n
    Day 27, here, and I've entered the worst part of my Whole30. My brain is in full revolt; trying to convince me that 27 days is as good as 30, that I've already done a Whole30 and have nothing more to prove by completing it this time, tossing really random cravings at me (when have I *ever* actually craved pizza? gross), and whispering that a tiny bit of cream won't matter now since I'll be adding dairy back into my diet in a few short days.

This quiet sabotage happened last time, too. And it only gets worse for me from here until the end. Whyyyy do I do this to myself?

I am participating in The Biggest Loser at work, so I've still been weighing (this was the hardest for me to give up last time, so I was glad I didn't have to this time). I'm happy to report that I am down 12 pounds since my pre-Whole30-weigh-in! That's almost double what I lost last time, so I'm pretty pleased :D