Rollcall for current and active Aussie MFPers

Options

Replies

• HappyTravels
    HappyTravels Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks Just About To Hit 6 Week Anniversary. Need To Be here. Have A Lot To Lose And A Lot Of Fitness To Gain. Starting to add weight training and cardio to my healthier lifestyle. Feel Free To Add Me.
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    49yo Aussie on Brisbane's north side here. more friends welcome !
  • alc212
    alc212 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    New to the group! Have tried MFP before, worked great until I gave up on it :)

Time to start over - perfect timing with the new year looming!
    I'm 27, from outer Sydney, 153cm and 70kg. Goal weight of <60kg.
    Also focusing on fitness, earlier this year I was able to get out 50 push ups, I'm back to 20 now and want to get back to that 50. I could also run 5km, and now can only do around 1! Time to get back on that horse
    I'd love to go into the police force (either QLD, NSW or VIC) so I really do need to get this back under control.

Feel free to add me, always love more people to encourage and be encouraged by! :)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm here floating around still - not logging food but tracking exercise to keep me accountable.

For the newbies - I'm 34yo, from Brissie. I'm at my target weight of approx 41-42kg... I'm 147cm (4'10) tall, so don't freak at the low number LOL

I do a mixture of 6:1 (maintenance 5:2) and 16:8 IF in terms of eating and eat whatever I want pretty much. I do strength training 3x a week and fit in some cardio (mainly swimming or running) on the other days.

My main motto is 'Slow and Steady' I may not lift heavy and I may not run fast, but I'm still here and I'm still giving it a fair go.

My focus is purely on fitness these days, but I have a support team of zero here IRL, which is why I hang around on MFP lol
  • wrobes
    wrobes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Present and ready to be held accountable.

Have had an up and down journey over the past two years on here and am currently disappointed at putting some weight back on in the back half of 2013. Need to get my focus back on and any interested Aussies please feel free to add me. The plan is to be on here daily again.
  • GeekAmour
    Options
    Holla!

I am about 500g off my original goal weight but I have revised that down so I have a bit to go now, will be around MFP in 2014 for sure.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good idea!!

I am present and accounted for. Been having a bit of a week off, but back on track (more or less) today and will be back in full swing next week.

For any newbies, I am 45, live in Sydney, at goal weight but will still be here in 2014 to continue to improve my physique and fitness goals. I lift weights 4 times per week, do a bit of cardio, not much though apart from walking. I log on every day, drink alcohol, have almost eaten my body weight in chocolate over the last 4 days but usually believe protein is king when it comes to macros.

Feel free to add me if you like, but please send a message saying that you found me here :) thanks and welcome newbies to MFP. If you make a plan and focus on your goals, you can and will achieve them!

Exactly this, except I am 47 and live West of Sydney, and I prefer cappuccino :-)
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Still here!!

Lost most of what I wanted to loose in 2012.. yay me!! 2013 has been a whirlwind ride lots of ups & downs, put most of the weight back on, been off the wagon more then I've been on it, but I'm still here.... landed on my feet & still smiling :bigsmile:

Bring on 2014!! I feel the motivation from 2012 has returned :drinker:

My life wouldn't be the same without the friends I've made on mfp.... you guys rock!!

I'm based in Lake Macquarie NSW, but happy for friends from anywhere
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Been logging in for 723 days and counting. 2014 will be more of a settled year compared to 2013 when we moved back to Melbourne after living in Toronto, Canada for 2.5 years. Also changed the direction of my career which was working hands on in the hotel industry to sitting in front a computer as the national catering manager of a large city based firm.

I have rides and runs that I want to compete in so this year is a total fitness year and getting back down to the 80 odd kg mark.

Live in the south eastern suburbs and work in the city. Do a bit of traveling around the country, happy to meet up when I get into the Perth, Brisbane, Sydney or Canberra
  • lilbodes
    lilbodes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm here, well back again, and only with thanks to another MPFer who dnt give up on me!! Im in Perth 42 mum of 2 (17 &10) hubby is one of those who can and does eat a whole pack of tim tams after dinner but doesnt put on any weight at all!! so not a lot of support on that front.

Well I said I would be back 1 Jan so here I am...... I've actually surprised myself as there is so much chocolate and rubbish about and I havent been tempted. Off to do some grocery shopping as we've been away and unless I do want chocolate and coke for dinner I have no choice... Menu plan printed and in hand...

I admit I have issues updating my status and responding as it totally annoys the other half, but I'm up for giving it another go this year..

thanks SFW would be lost without you
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm still here and around. 2 year anniversary is australia day (consecutive logging, I went on holidays overseas my streak reset :( )

My plans for 2014 is to:
    > run 1000km
    > finish a tough mudder with my mum
    > complete a spartan race with less than 1 penalty
    > run a sub 1h45 half marathon
    > build up my strength (again, I let myself go with the weights)
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year all.

I am still here. 32 M Sydney. After getting close to goal and losing around 20kg I fell off the wagon and was absent for about a year. Now I have seen where I have gone wrong and what was holding me back.

Not overly concerned about the scales. I lift, I play sport and I like to eat. Getting the right balance to get the most from a healthy and happy life.

Happy to support, be supported and share tips. Always happy to have more Australian friends.
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Here and accounted for, time for me to pull in the reins and be accountable again after regaining 6 kilo. Maintenance is really tough lol, I love living like I was 20 but the joints and the metabolism just don like it like i do, My feet hurt again, big time even though I eat as cleanly as possible, so I've not been able to do my 2 km walk with Titch every day. Now it's around the block. On a positive note I still jump around the pool in aquatic classes and this year I intend on mastering the freestyle swimming technic with goggles warn as I think that will help me stay at it. That's the goal!
  • Jobiwun
    Jobiwun Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a good idea! I just posted on an Intro board but looks like I picked the wrong place... I've been using MFP on and off for a while but new to the message boards but I'm thinking I'll enjoy logging on more with a few more buddies.

I live in Brisbane, Australia but originally from England, aged 37, no kids. I've only got a couple of kilos to loose round stomach to keep health in check (high risk of diabetes in family) but my nutrician is shocking. I actually love good food and veg (and love bad food too much also) but I hate shopping and cooking so always go for easy options which are often the worst.

Fairly fit exercise wise and love getting involved in local runs, bike rides and group fitness sessions if anyone lives in or near South Brisbane? Otherwise just looking for MFP friends, words of encourgement, advise and entertaining banter!
  • Africa16
    Africa16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm here... been on and off throughout 2013. Hoping to be a regular on here again this year. Need to lose a bit and track food.

Live Brisbane Southside and always looking for friends and words of encouragement.
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    49 yr old mum of two (30 & 12). Also granny of a 4 yr old.

Currently on a losing streak (who would have thought that could ever be a good thing?), but still have a lot further to go.

Having MFP and like-minded individuals to chat to, keeps me accountable.

Anyway, I'm another one on Brisbane's Northside. Feel free to add me - one can never have too many friends :-)
  • sweetysmum
    sweetysmum Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, started of really well last year, but come towards the end of the year fell of the wagon big time. I'm planning to stick to it this year, have a Wedding to go to later in the year.

Feel free to add me :)
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much at my goal weight (I haven't weighed since before xmas, eek) so I'll be spending 2014 maintaining and increasing fitness. Go team!
  • TehGTrain
    TehGTrain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I took a break in December (logging was getting tedious and wasn't really being very supportive to anybody on here) but back on track. Basically, didn't lose any weight but between lifting, exercise and maintaining a decent diet (excessive snacking probably didn't help though) I'm pretty pleased.

Looking to lose another 9kg, hopefully by July and then I'll see about either coming off keto (transition into paleo) or just stick with keto. Probably depend on blood work I want to get done around this time :)

Other than that, want to start working on building a good core (Starting Strength/StrongLifts have been good but I think either I have crap form or my core is currently holding me back from increasing weight), work on adding body weight work (handstand pushups and planks so far!), maybe incorporate yoga twice a week and generally be more active (instead of spending most afternoons/evenings at home in front of the computer!)... I'd like to take up running or group sports but too many knee/ankle injuries to make it a good idea. So if anybody has suggestions... :)
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Still here after just over a year. I readjusted my goals and want to loose an other 10 kg after losing 20, however they move very slowly, so a new tack plus I have a New Years resolution.
    Resolution is to run the Perth marathon if my calves and knees hold up in June. Diet wise I have to try something new, might try to 5/2 diet or I need to lower the amount of calories I eat , both will not be easy.
    Good luck all feel free to add me as a friend, am quite supportive.