Rollcall for current and active Aussie MFPers

Options

Replies

• ToBeAStrongerMan
    ToBeAStrongerMan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to hit my goal weight by Feb, and will then stay on to maintain and hard wire those eating habits into my brain :P

From Brissy, feel free to add me if want :)
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    I'm here and planning on staying active for 2014!
  • allen_ac
    allen_ac Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    New here, checking in from Melb

Got heaps of goals for 2014, fitness and non fitness related
    Been at it for 6 months straight on MFP, lost about 9kg,

Want to improve all aspects of fitness
    Strength, muscle mass, mobility, flexibility, fitness level and knowledge!

Good luck to everyone
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm still here too, in Melbourne - It's been almost 3 years now, not of continual logging, but I'm trying to log in most days at the moment.

I hit my goal weight a few weeks ago and have lost about 33 kgs.

The aim for 2014 is to continue losing another 5 (ish) kgs and increase my muscle tone, strength and fitness.

I've pretty much reached a point where I estimate most of my calories (don't weigh or measure things anymore), try to over-estimate, and not get too upset if I'm a bit over. I'm not a vegetarian, but rarely eat meat, and aim for high protein and fibre and medium amounts of fat and carb. I eat loads of diary and eggs and never deny myself any of the treats that pass me by.

I do body combat and zumba about 4 times a week and the 1000 steps on weekends when I can.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Gemma from Hobart checking in. Not really here for the weight loss anymore but really focused on fitness and body comp. I play Aussie Rules so need to be in good shape. Mostly lifting and sprinting at the moment until pre-season starts. Feel free to add me if your goals are similar or if you play sport
  • CaitlinR85
    Options
    Caitlin in Perth here! My goal is to lose 50kgs. I'm 20kgs down so far. Love to make some new friends on here so feel free to add me!

I am doing Optifast under doctor's advice. I know VLCDs aren't super popular around this site, so I thought I'd lay the cards down up front!

Look forward to meeting some new mates on here! :-)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hello all, been here quietly logging for about 2 months now more or less, but not active on forums. Need to lose 6-8kg still as a result of having piled on weight when got pregnant and not being able to lose it. Got to the point where after 2.5 years I decided I'd had enough and a friend pointed me onto this and it's really helping! Lost 1kg so far. Doing gym during lunch break at work 4x per week (boxing x2, pumpx1 and circuitx1) I only work 4 days so yeah, the other 3 if I get a chance I do something, if not, at least a walk pushing a stroller or carrying 13kg worth of daughter is always on the books!

I used to be very fit due to practicing capoeira for about 8 years, so I want to get back to that level of fitness. Not too fussed on being skinny or whatever, just fit and strong and without all the extra wobbly bits particularly around the gut area! Will do capoeira again as soon as circumstances allow it...

Also love cooking and eating so hope to be able to go back to eating again once I reach my goal weight!
  • WhiteMagick
    WhiteMagick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Aussie reporting
    Started in jan 2013. Lost 9kgs
    Ready to get back on track :)

I'm Marissa
  • RedheadMads
    RedheadMads Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :smile:

Newbie here! Hopefully no one will judge me as one of the resolutioners ;)

I am a 35 year old geeky mum to one and wife to one. I live in the Eastern (?) suburbs of Melbourne. I have only lived here for 6 months, am from Perth via Scotland. All my good friends are in Perth, but I am working hard to build a new life here. I am about to start studying again and trying to get back into the world outside of the Wiggles and Bananas in Pyjamas.

My husband and I are working on building a healthy lifestyle rather than focusing on the weight loss. Our end goal is to be able to be more active and curb my emotional eating problem.

If you're a fellow geeky mum, or just someone who is keen to support another emotional eater, give me a friend request!
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Allie here...

I'm in Western Sydney..

I've been on a weight loss (Lifestyle change) since June 2013 when I was diag with MS..

I'm not able to exercise a lot atm.. and due to food intolerance I'm eating a pretty strict diet..
    I'm 38yrs old and 5'4".. I started at 118kg in June 2013 as of today I am 94kg

I've got 2 target weights.. The first is 80kg... I would be over happy to reach this one..

but when i do.. i'll keep going aiming for 65kg to bring my weight back to healthy BMI..

If anyone in Sydney is interested.. I am doing the MS Color Walk on Jan26 and would love some support/company

Allie
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm here and planning to stay active.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Robin, 53, mother of three and have been here for 50 odd days now. I am interested in low carb and clean eating but am no Angel. I see myself being here at least all this year as I have a long slow haul ahead - luckily I am a very stubborn individual. I live in country NSW - about an hour's drive out of Tamworth but spent the first 45 years of my life in Sydney.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Aussie here! F, 22, 5"7 from Sydney.

I believe in moderation, not restriction (mostly), and hope to drop to about 60kg and start bulking (currently back up around 64kg after Xmas season....). I am doing my best to be GF this year and avoid all alcohol, except for the occasional red wine. Don't need the grog and gluten makes me lethargic as well. So my diary will be full of random baked GF goodies and soon lots of ethnic food as I get some travelling in :)

Nice to meet ya'll!
  • belle_82
    Options
    I'm looking to find other Aussies to befriend on here who actively log on MFP. Love learning from other people, especially those who don't hide their food diaries.

31, F, Adelaide :)

Feel free to add me!
  • wazzamac
    wazzamac Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Like my weight, I've been on again off again. Currently back up 8 of the 25 I lost.
    Live on the Gold Coast, mainly walk on the beach and ride my bike.
  • DeeBee042
    DeeBee042 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Just joined this group and have been on MFP for over a year.
    Please feel free to add me as I need all the motivation I can get! I've been way too slack over the xmas period and its now time to get back on track.

Have a great day all :)

Donna
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from WA. I've been active on here for almost a year, my diary is open and I log daily. Anyone can feel free to add me if they want.
  • candirose69
    Options
    hey all, Candice here, 25 year old girl from Melbourne's West :)
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    hey all, Candice here, 25 year old girl from Melbourne's West :)

and one of her many MFP friends here too, due to be 41yrs old on Februrary 24th from Adelaide, Sth Aus. been on MFP since February coming up on 1year of my weight loss journey started back on February 22nd, initial goal was 80kgs down from 111Kgs and critical blood pressure in check, corrected the blood pressure 6 months ago and reached 80kgs (31Kgs lost) a few months ago and have been on relative maintenance since still need to lose some body fat i think or atleast tone up all the excess skin.

I haven't missed a logged day since i joined, i'm not as posty as i use to be and not as anal about my food habits or being accurate on logged food but i no longer need to be, all is well on that front
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lou from Adelaide here. Been on Mfp for about 4months and hope to be around for a little while yet.

Feel free to add me, enjoy having friends on the same time zone. :-)