January 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• NanaDeeTurnipseed
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new to MFP and would like to take part in this group. I have walked with Leslie in the past and loved it. If possible to join late I would like to set a goal of 20 miles. I have not been doing any activity and have 80 pounds to lose, there are 19 day's left in this month counting today. It will be difficult for me to finish a mile at first but I hope to increase in stamina by the so complete the 20 miles.

I will need encouragement to keep moving, thank you advance.

NanaDee
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday -

1/2 3M Walk off 10 lbs

1/6 - 3M Radio Remixes

1/7 - 3M Belly, Buns & Thighs

1/8 - 3 Fast Miles - my very first LS DVD and still one of my favorites

1/9 - 3 Mega Miles

1/10 - 3 M Walk your belly flat

1/11- 5K with a twist

1/13 - 3M Walk away your waistline

26 to Go!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    5.04 miles walked today

64.36 miles walked to date
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new to MFP and would like to take part in this group. I have walked with Leslie in the past and loved it. If possible to join late I would like to set a goal of 20 miles. I have not been doing any activity and have 80 pounds to lose, there are 19 day's left in this month counting today. It will be difficult for me to finish a mile at first but I hope to increase in stamina by the so complete the 20 miles.

I will need encouragement to keep moving, thank you advance.

NanaDee

Welcome to January's walk challenge group. If you haven't already make sure to read the first post for this month.

If you find a mile too difficult do a 1/2 mile, and you will see them add up fast and soon you will progress to 1 mile. Or alternate one mile on Monday and 1/2 mile the next day and so forth while you are building your stamina back up. Make sure you give yourself rest days. I have one once a week and found that it makes all the difference for me.

Make this challenge work for you, however that looks like, because these challenges are to encourage us to get stronger and build endurance. as well as encourage others and be encouraged.

Proud of you for jumping right in and walking :flowerforyou: ! .
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

exercise.png

added just over 3 miles today more than half way there now
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Monday:

3 miles: Burn Body Fat 3 miles

0 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for January: at least 50 combined miles

So far: 39.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor miles

Starting another wonderful week together :flowerforyou:
  • bridget_williamson23
    Options
    Saturday I did an extra 2 miles after I came in here and said I did 4. I was feeling pretty good:)

Monday: I walked 4 miles today. So I'm up to 24 miles out of 60.
  • constancemwj
    Options
    today I did LS fast 3 miles. One mile at a time. (I kept getting interrupted.)

total miles: 19
    Goal 50
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Goal: 31-124 miles

Today: 6 miles LS Party Songs

Total: 36 miles
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: 3 miles WATP Express

Today: No LS videos -- did some pilates, elliptical and weights for a change of pace

exercise.png
  • AmberLeighD
    Options

exercise.png

added just over 3 miles today more than half way there now

WTG on 1/2 way mark!!
  • ddeiser
    ddeiser Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ...50 Mile Goal...

1-2 2 Miles
    1-3 1 Mile
    1-4 3 Miles
    1-6 4 Miles
    1-7 2 Miles
    1-8 3 Miles
    1-9 2 Miles
    1-10 2 Miles (Treadmill)
    1-11 2 Miles (Treadmill0
    2 Miles (Outside)
    1-13 1 Mile

24 Miles Done!
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    Jan 6 - 12 = 7 mi.

13 - Jan = 2 mi (LS Walk Slim)
    14 - Jan = 1 mi (Walk Away the Pounds)

Total Walked 10 miles
    Miles to Go: 5 miles
    Goal 15 miles.
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Welcome NanaDee!:flowerforyou: We are walking strong this month and glad you are joining us!!!

1/2 3M Walk off 10 lbs

1/6 - 3M Radio Remixes

1/7 - 3M Belly, Buns & Thighs

1/8 - 3 Fast Miles - my very first LS DVD and still one of my favorites

1/9 - 3 Mega Miles

1/10 - 3 M Walk your belly flat

1/11- 5K with a twist

1/13 - 3M Walk away your waistline

1/14- 3M Burn Body Fat

23 big ones left!

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    1/1: 2 miles
    1/2: 2 miles
    1/3: 3 miles
    1/4: 8 miles (5 morning and 3 evening)
    1/5: 2 miles
    1/6: 2 miles
    1/8: 3 miles
    1/9: 2 miles
    1/10: 2 miles
    1/11: 4 miles
    1/14: 2 miles

32/48 miles complete
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    6 miles walked today

70.36 miles walked to date
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Tuesday:

4 miles: Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles (25 minutes of intervals)

0 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for January: at least 50 combined miles

So far: 43.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor miles

Walk strong :flowerforyou:
  • suecaldwell2003
    suecaldwell2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been following the schedule posted on Leslie's blog for the most part, but sometimes I deviate from the plan. Today was supposed to be the Belly Blasting walk with core segment, but I ended up doing 45 minutes of Power Circuit Training with a Jackie Warner dvd. Gotta have variety if you're going to stick with *any* diet or exercise program.

Since tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, I'll do today's Walk At Home video then, so I'll be back on schedule.

Does anyone else think the rest days she recommends seem to be chosen rather arbitrarily?
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I've been following the schedule posted on Leslie's blog for the most part, but sometimes I deviate from the plan. Today was supposed to be the Belly Blasting walk with core segment, but I ended up doing 45 minutes of Power Circuit Training with a Jackie Warner dvd. Gotta have variety if you're going to stick with *any* diet or exercise program.

Since tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, I'll do today's Walk At Home video then, so I'll be back on schedule.

Does anyone else think the rest days she recommends seem to be chosen rather arbitrarily?
    suecaldwell, I would almost say they are chosen rather 'randomly' from the look of the January plan as posted on the website. By random I mean not on a particular day of the week or the same number of days in between. Also Sundays appear to be free days from DVD workouts. So that makes technically two free days from DVD workouts a week.

If there are too many free days for you, or free days don't fall on days that work for you, but you do like the actual 'line up' of DVDs on the calendar then just use the DVDs in order listed, but just plug in your own free days as you would normally do or want.

I did that one time when I was following one of LS challenges/plan last year.

Hope that this helps :flowerforyou: .
  • SourOnion
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to all of this but eager to get serious about exercise. I have most of Leslie's DVDs but my cable company forced me last year to install their cable box for TV and thus causing me to disconnect my DVD player. I have a new Smart TV and discovered today that there is an Amazon Instant Video App on it, so I purchased 2 of Leslie's programs and I was very pleased to have no problems playing it (I did try to watch her shows on You Tube but the lag was a problem). Anyway since I'm 64 and just getting back to exercise, and the month is half over, I'll commit to 15 miles for the month.

I look forward to reading all your posts and seeing your success.

Cheers,