Replies

• littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hurray for more food!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Scale moved back down to 130.2 all week but as of this morning with TOM starting, at 132.4. I'm going to let the bloat pass for a few days and then up my cals and extra 100 to get things moving again. YAY, MORE FOOD!!

I've officially decided I will stick out the bulk until March 1st as I had originally planned and then move into reverse dieting, then on to my cut. I took some progress pictures yesterday and I am finally seeing some actual progress (in places other than my tummy, ha!)! My biggest improvement overall is my butt & arms. EXACTLY what I was hoping for! Yahooooo!

I failed on my final rep last night during my bench press, but I was feeling pretty weak since TOM was on it's way, so I'll just blame it on that! Otherwise, lifts were solid this week.
    Congrats on seeing progress!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Awesome on the progress and for deciding to stuck with it! And more food is always a win!!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yay on seeing progress!!!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Nice to see that things are on track and sounds like you've got a good plan in place to keep you going until March!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I blew up this week! Got up to 137 yesterday and now down to 135.8 as of this morning. I added 100 extra calories until Wednesday and then jumped ship and dropped it back down to what I was eating last week after the jump. Just water weight but holy crap. I couldn't button my jeans! LOL So much for the more food!

Yesterday was a beautiful day (of course this morning it dropped back to freezing temps) so I took advantage and went out for my first run since I started my bulk. I was pretty shocked that after 15 weeks off, I didn't have to stop and catch my breath AND I actually improved my time! Look at that! :)

Busted through my OHP and kicked up my PR by 5 more lbs. Was totally unexpected but I am thrilled with the progress!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're doing great. Just switch to leggings and sweater dresses and you're good to go :wink:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Great job! Fluctuations: Gotta love them!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Uhhhh…****.

I don't know what's going on. Calories haven't changed, still tracking just as carefully. I did add two runs this week to my normal lifting schedule. Otherwise, no change there.

Somehow, I am at 139 this morning. Last week I just assumed it was water bloat. The calories aren't adding up to the massive gain I've seen in the past few weeks, I don't know what the hell is going on.

Either way, I am officially 5lbs over what I set my bulking goal as and I am not interested in pushing that any further.

So…reverse dieting into the cut begins today! One month early. Oh well.
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I sympathise. I wonder if there are free-floating pounds that sneak up in the middle of the night and attach themselves to our waistlines? My weight is also completely defying science according to calories in and exercise out.

Any chance you have eaten more carbs or fibre than normal?

:flowerforyou:
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Late to journal this week! I have my folks in town visiting and haven't had a chance to update.

I decided to continue my bulk after I dropped some of that water weight and have been trucking right along this week. I'm now at 135.4 but I cut down to 135 the week before so I'm on track.

I upped my squat and my OHP by another 5lbs each and upped my DL by another 10! It's been a great week!

I was reminded I needed to update this because my mother just made a comment I'm sure some of you will get a kick out of…

She looked me straight in the eye and said I have become "too fit" and that I should discontinue lifting because I am on the verge of becoming undesirable if I get any more muscular…

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That just says to me that my bulk is working! Yahooo!!!! :drinker:
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Weighed in at 136 this morning. Had a good week and even got out for a few runs.

This week I'm really focusing on knocking my bench up a little more before my bulk is over. Fingers crossed for 95!
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think your mother and mine would get along just super...

Great progress, well done!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Late to journal this week! I have my folks in town visiting and haven't had a chance to update.

I decided to continue my bulk after I dropped some of that water weight and have been trucking right along this week. I'm now at 135.4 but I cut down to 135 the week before so I'm on track.

I upped my squat and my OHP by another 5lbs each and upped my DL by another 10! It's been a great week!

I was reminded I needed to update this because my mother just made a comment I'm sure some of you will get a kick out of…

She looked me straight in the eye and said I have become "too fit" and that I should discontinue lifting because I am on the verge of becoming undesirable if I get any more muscular…

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That just says to me that my bulk is working! Yahooo!!!! :drinker:

Hahahaha……I yearn for the day that someone tells me I am getting too muscular. I'll give them a big wet sloppy kiss right on the spot!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Last official bulk week! Sad face!

Somehow I lost weight this week- clocked in at 135. Not sure what that's about, but I keep on trucking!

I wasn't able to bust through my bench yet, so that's my big focus this week. I did however knock my Squat and Row up by 5lbs each! Yahoo!

My only whine this week is that my legs have become quite "chunky" in the last few days. I am riddled in cellulite! I always have a little, but right now…they look like a hail damage clearance sale! Hopefully that's the first to go when the cut begins…eek!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Last official bulk week! Sad face!

Somehow I lost weight this week- clocked in at 135. Not sure what that's about, but I keep on trucking!

I wasn't able to bust through my bench yet, so that's my big focus this week. I did however knock my Squat and Row up by 5lbs each! Yahoo!

My only whine this week is that my legs have become quite "chunky" in the last few days. I am riddled in cellulite! I always have a little, but right now…they look like a hail damage clearance sale! Hopefully that's the first to go when the cut begins…eek!

My thighs are carrying the load of this fat gain too, I think. Those and my lower abdomen….but those are the areas I always seem to gain. I'm hoping right along with you, that it will be the first to go!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Bulk complete as of Sunday! After all was said and done, I am exactly at the weight I wanted to bulk to in the exact amount of weeks I had planned to bulk. That worked out well! I have now slowly begun my transition to maintainence before I roll over to my cut. I've already dropped a little fluff in measurements so what I have below reflects that. Should have measured Sunday! Oh well.

Here are measurements and growth since day 1:

Weight: 135 (10 lb gain)
    Bust: 34" (Up 2")
    Chest: 31" (Up 1")
    Waist: 28" (Up 2")
    Belly Button: 30" (Up 2")
    Right Arm: 10.5" (Up 1")
    Right Thigh: 22" (Up 1")
    Shoulders: 39.5" (Up .5")
    Neck: 12.5" (Same)
    Hips: 35" (Up 2")

My strength went up astronomically on ALL of my lifts. It was wonderful to feel totally fueled and READY TO ROCK every workout. The only goal I didn't reach was a 95x5 bench, but I did do 95x1…so I'm ALMOST there. :wink:

Overall, I'd have to say the best thing (appearance-wise) about this bulk has been my new butt!! :drinker: It lifted a few inches and got nice and bubbly for the first time EVER! I've had a wide load, super saggy, cellulite ridden pancake butt my entire life, so this is huge for me! It seriously looks like I had plastic surgery done. I really never thought it would be possible to fix that after all these years! I would have done this years ago had I known!

The worst thing was the constant mind*ck of feeling "fat". I'm still wearing XS juniors gym shorts…they may be a bit snug, but I am most certainly NOT fat. But, holy sh… some days I felt like the stay puft marshmallow man and there was no convincing me otherwise. I had way too many moments of flirting with quitting and jumping right on to a cut, but I only gave in to the whim once…and it only lasted 3 days before I was back at it. I'll call that a success for now!

It was an interesting ride but I am glad to have gone through the experience and journaled it out here so I can prepare better for the next bulk!

Thank you all for the support over the last 20 weeks! I'll check in often to see how cuts are going if anyone updates and of course for round 2!