Stuff with avocados?

Options
2»

Replies

• aps81
    aps81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've tried this (avocado deviled eggs) and topped with bits of bacon....DELICIOUS!!!! You can mix the avocados with roughly 1/3 of your hard boiled egg yolks to make it creamy...no mayo needed ever again.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options

^^^^ this is freaking awesome! Definitely doing this tomorrow!
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Puree it with roasted zucchini, water and add minced jalapeno to make a chilled soup. The original recipe calls for sour cream instead of avocado, but I substituted to make it vegan and it came out really tasty. Any time you turn avocado into a spread it can replace mayo or sour cream.

Avocado milkshakes are popular in Latin America. I'm vegan, so not familiar with primal and paleo diets. But if you can use one ripe avocado, ice cubes, 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and add skim milk or almond milk to thin it out, you get an avocado milkshake.
  • steinzeit
    Options
    My best avocado dip. Everyone loves it. 1 x Avocado, 1 x Spring Onio, 1 tsp chicken or vegetable broth powder (yeast and msg free) plus 2-3 Tsp of Water. Put it all in a blender for a few seconds. Voila. Variations with chopped parsley and/or a little fresh garlic. Bon Appetit.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    thanks for that, I will try it.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Yep. I like the taste/texture of avocados after baking them. If you eat cheese you can even top it with a nice layer. Fancy and easy.