Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Question about fitness and energy...

Hello to all!!!

Ok, so I've been working out for the past 3 weeks about 3 days a week. I've also been a low-calorie diet for the past month or so with good results (I've lost 5 lbs and have some nice arm muscle showing up!!)

But today was horrible!!!!! I had no strength whatsoever, for anything! I was really lethargic and had dizzy. I could only do half of the exercises I normally do. I felt a little better when I got to work and drank my peppermint tea.

I really almost passed out. What's up with that! Anyone ever felt like this?

Replies

• Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Hello to all!!!

Ok, so I've been working out for the past 3 weeks about 3 days a week. I've also been a low-calorie diet for the past month or so with good results (I've lost 5 lbs and have some nice arm muscle showing up!!)

But today was horrible!!!!! I had no strength whatsoever, for anything! I was really lethargic and had dizzy. I could only do half of the exercises I normally do. I felt a little better when I got to work and drank my peppermint tea.

I really almost passed out. What's up with that! Anyone ever felt like this?

Are you eating back at least some of those workout calories? It sounds as if you're not.
  • kitchen0nfire
    kitchen0nfire Posts: 22 Member
    YUP! I log everything into my food diary and I make sure that still eat a healthy amount of calories on workout days. I even skip my salad and eat something with meat for lunch on those days since I workout in the morning and I'm starving by lunchtime.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    It may just be a one time thing. If it persists it could be your dosage is ready to be increased. Mine was raised twice in 6 months until the blood work said I was finally at my optimal level and it hasn't been increased since.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    :) Can you open your diary? It would be helpful to see what you're eating.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    This is a question for your GP, not a bunch of strangers on the internet. It could be anything.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Everyone has an off day. You could be coming down with a cold or the flu. Treat yourself gently and if the symptoms persist, especially the dizziness--please get thee to the doctor!
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    I passed out and fell down a flight of stairs...It was before lunch and I was hungry and my blood pressure medicine was reducing my blood pressure too much . You probably need to eat more protein before you exercise. I encourage you to speak with your doctor to find the cause and a the correct fix for your problem.
  • kitchen0nfire
    kitchen0nfire Posts: 22 Member
    I actually got my period the day after. I just didn't take that in to consideration since it wasn't due for another week. I guess the new workout plan/diet messed with my cycle a little. I was able to sleep all weekend long and now I feel like mowing 5 lawns!!! WOOOH!
  • seattle_hd
    seattle_hd Posts: 23 Member
    I get this from time to time… often times its due to one of the following:

1. not enough sleep - insomnia or staying up too late the night before
    2. not eating enough, particularly carbs, before my workout. (if I eat just my 2 hardboiled eggs, but not a piece of fruit or something that can give me quicker energy for example)
    3. having an alcoholic drink the night before, even if just one small one, I feel like lead weight.
    4. about to have my period.

I feel best when I'm rested, hydrated and have eaten enough calories the night before and woke up and eat a good breakfast.
  • ashleyapplewhite
    ashleyapplewhite Posts: 83 Member
    I passed out and fell down a flight of stairs...It was before lunch and I was hungry and my blood pressure medicine was reducing my blood pressure too much . You probably need to eat more protein before you exercise. I encourage you to speak with your doctor to find the cause and a the correct fix for your problem.

This. Depending on your dietary restraints, I'd try something with some protein + simple carbs right before your workout. Applesauce does it for me, but maybe some peanut butter + apples, etc?