recipes

Options

Replies

• FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    will have to see what plant based recipes they have thanks!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    lol alot of my concoctions seem weird but so good

avocado chocolate pudding

2 hass avocados
    8 tsp of date sugar
    1 ripe banana
    2.5 tbsp cocoa powder

if avocado and banana arent really rip you may want to use a little milk

if kids are eating maybe some honey or agave i dont need mt desserts super sweet anymore'

i put this as 3 servings, but i think i finished it in two so i think i will adjust my servings

i added walnuts, and shredded coconut.
  • soldierofgod713
    soldierofgod713 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yum so good, How many calories would you say a serving is ? ( if you eat it in two servings )
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options

im fine with that a healthy fat and fruits..and choc a girl needs choc lol
  • soldierofgod713
    soldierofgod713 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree I would never give up my chocolate :)
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I make Parmesan breaded chicken modified of course I take a thin slice chicken breast put 1/2 tsp or tbs of mustard (1/2tsp should be fine fr thin slice your makin sure you an cover the whole breast and you can use any type of mustard you like I usually do mustard or Dijon mustard) next instead of breadcrumbs I cover it with grated Parmesan cheese 2 tbs should be good you can always tweak to meet your calories bake it at 400 degrees for 25 minutes i check on it around 15 minutes into cooking turn it over and check it in 10 minutes if I have extra calories I top it with cheese 5 minutes before taking it out the oven so cheese can be melted sides can be a you like sauté spinach or brown rice and carrots for my husband I usually stuff the chicken with cooked bacon and cheese on top always
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    nice. my mom would love that. thanks
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of you have heard of skinnytaste.com, but it has a lot of good recipes. I tried this one this morning, minus the fruit because I didn't have any. I put a tablespoon of maple syrup in it and it was yummy.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/05/superfood-triple-berry-chia-pudding.html

First time using chia seeds.
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I pretty much love most of the recipes I have tried on Skinnytaste.com. They are low-fat and she offers the weight watchers points if you use that program. My favorites so far are the chicken fajitas, chicken and mushrooms in garlic white wine sauce, and Chicken with Dijon and Lime (Yummy). There is also a really good crockpot pulled pork recipe too!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    any veg recipes.. im a veg head lol
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    oh i make choc chia pudding.. love chia. thanks!
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Do you eat Dairy Lynnetta?
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    no i dont eat dairy, eggs, gluten, processed sugar, meat, minimal corn and soy,,

but i do take recipes and switch and modify things replace eggs with flax.. replace milk with almond or coconut milk.. so feel free to share anything.. i love playing with recipes and recreating something different. thanks.
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hmmm let me see what I can come up with
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    lol.. i know im strange haha
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I love spaghetti squash. The last time I cooked one in my microwave, it exploded...and I mean exploded. This recipe looks great.

My new favorite is Portobello Pizza. I cook Portobello mushroom caps at 375 for 10 minutes. Remove excess moisture. Top with crushed tomatoes or pizza sauce, other veggies or toppings (onion, green pepper, olives) and then top with cheese of choice. Bake for another 10 minutes.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    love spaghetti squash.. i roast it in the oven..

mmmm portabella.. im the only one in my family not allergic.. im so happy im not.. i love them.
  • greatfoodlady
    Options
    No recipe here, but for those looking to add flavor with out adding salt, I've switched over to Penzeys spices. They have a whole line of salt free seasonings and they are wonderful!! I love tacos, but taco seasoning was so high is sodium. Their Arizona Dreaming is wonderful for Mexican dishes and no salt!! (and no, Im not a rep for them...I just love the spices! lol!)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    are they gluten free?