Introductions

Options

Replies

• HealthyWiaaam
    Options
    Hello!

I am happy that I have found this challenge because it is just what I need : my main problem is to keep on track especially with my workouts! I plan to do T25 on weekdays because I already had some good results with it. For the week-end, I'll try to work on my flexibility with some "yoga for newbies" exercises (I am really not flexible T_T).

Good luck to all of you! :)
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! Caradae has also set up a practice topic for today. Look for it in the discussions!! WE ARE ALL SO WORTH THIS CHALLENGE!! Get up and Move & Lose!! :love:
  • hairfox52
    hairfox52 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to truly challenge myself and stay accountable to everyone.
    It seems so easy doesn't it? And yet somehow I know this will truly be a great challenge.

I want to wish the best to everyone and feel free to reply or contact me. I love the support!

Connie
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am gus. I am ever grateful that caradae decided to start this group. So far I have lost over 50 pounds since I joined in August.

I won in August, September and October; lost in November and December; and (looking good) won in January. The challenge is the best way for me to lose weight because I am accountable every day. Although they are not part of this challenge, my loss has inspired my husband and my son to join MFP and each has lost 12 pounds. Good for them!

It is a pleasure to see so many familiar names in this challenge. I wish everyone success. You can do it.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Robin. This is my third attempt at this challenge - I dipped out both previous times, both about half way through the month due to not exercising on one day - ugh you'd think I'd learn wouldn't you? Anyway back to give it another go.
  • Kattyky
    Kattyky Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Kerry-Ann. I think this is the strictness I need to keep on track. Otherwise, I generally rely on my moods. I really want to see how I thrive with this challenge.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Glenda, I joined MFP 1/2/12 and love it. I am realativly new to challenges, but I am looking forward to participating in UAC and maybe making some new friends along the way.
    Good luck everyone.
  • fragile123
    fragile123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kerry. I am new to groups and to challenges in general, but hope to change that this month! Judy, thanks for the post suggesting this challenge!
  • Xtal427
    Xtal427 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Krystal and this will be my first time doing this challenge. I started the 30 day Shred workout on the 30th so hopefully this helps me keep extra motivated.

I have a 13 month old and I am almost to pre-pregnancy weight, but I need something to kick my butt into high gear. I am MOH at my best friends wedding at the end of June and would like to be at my goal weight by then. I will give it my best try!!

2014 is my year to get fit!!
  • BLillard68
    BLillard68 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Barbara. I live in Jacksonville, FL but was born and raise in Bealeton, VA. This will be my second month in a UA Challenge. Last year, I was in a "Down to Size" Challenge at work to help prevent Type 2 Diabetes. I was able to lose 33.4 lbs with that challenge. While participating in that challenge, I have quite smoking....with that, I gained a little bit back....but I am losing again. I like to set mini goals for myself, so right now my mini goal is to weigh less than 185 lbs. I am very proud of myself for sticking with this challenge all last month. Hopefully I can do better this month! Welcome to the group newbie's and welcome back to the veteran's!!! I hope you all enjoy this challenge as much as I do!!!!
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my second attempt...I only made it a week last month, but that was partly due to a birthday celebration dinner...none of those scheduled this month...looks like my biggest hurdle this month may be Valentine's Day!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hello this is my third attempt. I have 3 kids 6,3, and 16 months. Over the last 7 months I have been putting myself first and getting healthy and fit. I feel the is my month I will be able to finish the challenge.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Carolyn and I made it to January 26 last month. Only missed two days of exercises (Jan 26 and today - we were traveling and I was pooped!). Looking forward to this month - committed to make it! It is a huge help either way - keeps me honest and keeps me exercising!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Hello all you accountable people :). I failed December's challenge mid month, succeeded at January's challenge (wahooo), and am back to try again in February. Tomorrow I have some significant challenges and it Is within the realm of possibility that I will have to drop out on day 1! But if anything can motivate me to squeeze in exercise on a crazy busy day, and eat no more than my goal calories despite temptation and stress, this challenge can. Good luck all!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,273 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jackie I met my goal weight last spring but managed to put some back on! My goal is get back to my goal weight by March so far Jan I've been able to get most off, yay! My main form of exercising is running, I just love to get my morning runs in! I'm not a real fast runner but was able to get a few 5 k races done with decent time! I plan on doing my first half marathon in April so I need to get some strength training in also! need to REMEMBER this:

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something you do it only when it is convient. When you are commited to something, you accept no excuses, only results." Kenneth Blanchard

Good luck everyone!

Btw, this is my second month doing this challenge, last month it was extremely helpful keeping me on track!
  • healthyme79
    healthyme79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, This looks like a great challenge I'm in! :)
  • Jillybeanfit
    Jillybeanfit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Jill. Currently on vacation in Mexico and this challenge let me kick January in the *kitten*! I have been doing this since November and so far so good! It really helped me stay focused while in Mexico for a month but I come home this week, back to the freezing white north aka canada.
  • katezweber
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm Kate. I'm so excited to find this group. I love working out, but I also love food. I love running, and have gotten into lifting weights in the last year. Working out is not my problem. I really wish the 80/20 rule wasn't true, but I'm proof that it is. :( I got down to my goal weight after my second kid. However, I just haven't gotten myself there since my 3rd (4 yrs ago). I desperately want to lose the weight. I need to feel better about myself. Hoping this accountability is the answer!
  • jobelle217
    jobelle217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well, here goes! Not sure I'm gonna make it the whole month-but I'm gonna try!

I'm a post-partum mom...my baby is now 9 weeks old and it's time to get with it. :)
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I just finished UAC January and it was a fantastic way to keep me accountable every single day! I am excited to attack February. I love to work out- running and weight lifting are my favorites, though I have to mix up the cardio to keep the injuries away. The food part is my bigger challenge and this UAC has made me really think about my food choices.

Good luck to you all!