Participant Updates

caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
How are you all doing?

Replies

• pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    It's only my second day doing the challenge but I'm loving it! Just now I ran two Ks and I was feeling great about it and thought, "I might just stop at that, I've earned the extra calories I needed." But then I realised I needed to do six extra minutes to make 20 so I jumped rope! Normally I would just quit when I feel done instead of pushing myself to do a little more.
  • wren1430
    wren1430 Posts: 24 Member
    First time doing the challenge and love that I am already thinking about what I'm going to do today so I can log in for the second day
    I'm assuming because feb 1 st had 77 sign ins there are 77 members, will be interesting to see
    If it stays at 77 members for the month hope so
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Feeling good and motivated. Normally Sunday is my rest day but I got moving to earn my 20 mins. Think I will sleep better for it
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    I'm so excited to be doing this challenge again...really hope I can complete the month this time : )

I forced myself to do 20 min on the stationary bike yesterday and did a 20 min interval walk this morning. I can't do more right now because i am on Day 4 of a stiff neck. It's not getting better and I'm starting to worry that it might be something more serious ...maybe a pinched nerve or something :sick: ...need to do some research.

no superbowl for me today. I meeting a girlfriend at the mall for lunch, shopping and to see 12 Years a Slave. Will have to catch Bruno on Youtube : )
  • So far so good! This is my first time doing this challenge so I am hoping for the best.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    I was seriously almost out yesterday but at the 11th hour got 2 hours walking. Started with one then kept going! I was booted last month on day 8 ???? but did really well the rest of the month anyway. So 1 down 27 to go!!

Going to 90 min yoga plus making sure i do 15,000 steps with fitbit today so i think i should do ok today!
  • jstmee
    jstmee Posts: 107 Member
    ..........and let the games begin! I was watching the Gabby Douglas story on lifetime while I was on my treadmill, awesome story. Helped me through my workout. I'm looking forward to another great month, one minute at a time, one exercise at a time and one meal at a time. Hang in there everyone! Wendy
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    :drinker:
    It's only my second day doing the challenge but I'm loving it! Just now I ran two Ks and I was feeling great about it and thought, "I might just stop at that, I've earned the extra calories I needed." But then I realised I needed to do six extra minutes to make 20 so I jumped rope! Normally I would just quit when I feel done instead of pushing myself to do a little more.

GREAT way to get it done!! YOU ROCK!!
  • Jagreene62
    First time doing the challenge and love that I am already thinking about what I'm going to do today so I can log in for the second day
    I'm assuming because feb 1 st had 77 sign ins there are 77 members, will be interesting to see

Thinking ahead is the way to make it through the whole month.....GREAT START!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jagreene62
    Feeling good and motivated. Normally Sunday is my rest day but I got moving to earn my 20 mins. Think I will sleep better for it

Yes, before I started this challenge the weekends were my rest days.....not anymore!!! GRAET first weekend!!! :love:
  • Jagreene62
    I'm so excited to be doing this challenge again...really hope I can complete the month this time : )

I forced myself to do 20 min on the stationary bike yesterday and did a 20 min interval walk this morning. I can't do more right now because i am on Day 4 of a stiff neck. It's not getting better and I'm starting to worry that it might be something more serious ...maybe a pinched nerve or something :sick: ...need to do some research.

no superbowl for me today. I meeting a girlfriend at the mall for lunch, shopping and to see 12 Years a Slave. Will have to catch Bruno on Youtube : )

:cry: Sorry to hear about your neck.....pain sucks!!! :cry: Hope you figure out why and get on your way to healing!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jagreene62
    I was seriously almost out yesterday but at the 11th hour got 2 hours walking. Started with one then kept going! I was booted last month on day 8 ???? but did really well the rest of the month anyway. So 1 down 27 to go!!

Going to 90 min yoga plus making sure i do 15,000 steps with fitbit today so i think i should do ok today!

:bigsmile: Stay focused on your goal...YOU GOT THIS!! :bigsmile:
  • Jagreene62
    I'm looking forward to another great month, one minute at a time, one exercise at a time and one meal at a time. Hang in there everyone! Wendy

This ^^^^^ leads to ONE POUND AT A TIME!!!! AWESOME ATTITUDE!! :drinker:
  • advocaresuperstar
    advocaresuperstar Posts: 10 Member

YES!! I'm also excited to see if the number changes with our teammates. Not that I want anyone to fail, but it will definitely be interesting to see how many of us are standing strong at the end!!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    so far so good. :)

:flowerforyou:
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,425 Member
    Feeling upbeat and motivated.
    Although I got gutted by hearing my best friend is in the hospital. In total worry mode, I went to Trader Joes and bought Joe-Joes which are awesome cookies. I ate a few and realized that they weren't helping so I put them away and went and hopped on my elliptical. That is a total reversal for me. Not sure if it's the challenge, getting back in the groove after the holidays, or finally an epiphany about using food for comfort, but whatever it is I'll take it.
    I hope everyone is doing well.
  • Jagreene62
    Although I got gutted by hearing my best friend is in the hospital. In total worry mode, I went to Trader Joes and bought Joe-Joes which are awesome cookies. I ate a few and realized that they weren't helping so I put them away and went and hopped on my elliptical. That is a total reversal for me. Not sure if it's the challenge, getting back in the groove after the holidays, or finally an epiphany about using food for comfort, but whatever it is I'll take it.

:flowerforyou: PROBABLY ALL OF THE ABOVE!! YOU ROCK!!! :bigsmile:
  • summer_malia
    summer_malia Posts: 5 Member
    good on exercise and calorie goals :)
  • Luckee_me

:flowerforyou: PROBABLY ALL OF THE ABOVE!! YOU ROCK!!! :bigsmile:

Oh stop, I'm blushing over here.
    Thank you so much for the kind words.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Great my 7 yr old and I went for a 2 mile walk and I didn't eat all the garbage I usually do for Super Bowl.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,728 Member
    After the holidays I didn't think I would be able to get back on track BUT this challenge has helped extremely! The weekends would be totally hard to stay focus but NOT now! I just love this challenge!

"Feeling upbeat and motivated.
    I hope everyone is doing well. "

Nice job getting back in the groove, WE CAN do this! Sorry to hear about your friend, hoping it's NOT serious! Btw, I so love shopping at Trader Joes, usually spend way to much money! I take hubby since with him I DON'T just throw stuff in the cart, lmao! Last time I went I spent $70 ON JUST pumpkin things, lol! Ok, so I have stuff to last ALL year!

Jackie
  • hairfox52
    hairfox52 Posts: 24 Member
    Okay so today was stressful and I know I'm an emotional eater. The good news is I started the day with my exercise and was able to go longer in my yoga which is how i choose to begin and felt good before the stress happened. The other thing is for the first time i caught myself with those binging feelings before they happened and was able to talk myself out of them. YAY!!:bigsmile:

I hope everyone else is doing well and embracing this challenge for what it is...."Believing in Yourself" !!
  • klymt918
    klymt918 Posts: 15 Member
    The biggest challenge for me is definately going to be the physical activity portion. I am extremely consistent with logging my food, and I never have trouble staying under my calorie budget. I know that in order for me to create this healthy habit of being physically active everyday, I will have to schedule it into my day so that I know when it needs to be done, and what exactly I need to do. Being 30 weeks pregnant, my physical activity won't be anything too extrordinary, the last two days I have been doing light stretching and strengthening. I am alright with that, because my only goal is to make it a habit to be active everyday. Slow progress is better than no progress!!
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Getting on great so far! I work some weekends doing food marketing, so there is always temptation in the form of little sample pots, but these last few days I've been thinking 'nope, otherwise I have to log it and deal with the calories - not worth it' - so thanks! Exercise isn't much of a bother for me, I usually cycle to work/run/strength train most days, but it is keeping me active on my rest day, which is great!
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Today I started a 12 week running course online. Last year I ran a half marathon for the first time. I was stone last but I made it and this year I am hoping to learn a bit more about running properly. I'm very slow but it's better than two years ago when I had not run, even to catch a bus, in over 20 years. I had major surgery a few months ago and have lost a fair bit of fitness so I have a way to go in order to beat my very slow pace but there are 4 months to go so there is time.
    Well done everyone- hope we manage to keep it together and have close to 100% still in by month end
  • Luckee_me
    Today I started a 12 week running course online. Last year I ran a half marathon for the first time. I was stone last but I made it and this year I am hoping to learn a bit more about running properly. I'm very slow but it's better than two years ago when I had not run, even to catch a bus, in over 20 years. I had major surgery a few months ago and have lost a fair bit of fitness so I have a way to go in order to beat my very slow pace but there are 4 months to go so there is time.
    Well done everyone- hope we manage to keep it together and have close to 100% still in by month end

Hi,
    I was wondering to know about the running course
    please and thank you in advance.
    Glenda.
  • Jagreene62
    Okay so today was stressful and I know I'm an emotional eater. The good news is I started the day with my exercise and was able to go longer in my yoga which is how i choose to begin and felt good before the stress happened. The other thing is for the first time i caught myself with those binging feelings before they happened and was able to talk myself out of them. YAY!!:bigsmile:

I hope everyone else is doing well and embracing this challenge for what it is...."Believing in Yourself" !!

ABSOLUTELY!! YOU ARE AMAZING!! :drinker:
  • advocaresuperstar
    advocaresuperstar Posts: 10 Member
    How many people did you start and finish with for last month's challenge?
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Thank you, jagreene...still achy : ( today is Day 5...I've been sleeping on the couch and I think its getting a tad better...always worse in the morning though so it's hard to say for sure....I told my husband I want to borrow his pillow tonight...he's got a high end one (if there is such a thing!)...so I may have steal it from him permanently if it helps! haha :laugh:
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Congrats to all for continuing to push forward! I have did good so far with actually logging exercise, which I did not do until the challenge. 3 days down and 25 to go, just what I need to get out of this plateau I was on.