Participant Updates

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,385 Member
    Options
    After the holidays I didn't think I would be able to get back on track BUT this challenge has helped extremely! The weekends would be totally hard to stay focus but NOT now! I just love this challenge!

"Feeling upbeat and motivated.
    Although I got gutted by hearing my best friend is in the hospital. In total worry mode, I went to Trader Joes and bought Joe-Joes which are awesome cookies. I ate a few and realized that they weren't helping so I put them away and went and hopped on my elliptical. That is a total reversal for me. Not sure if it's the challenge, getting back in the groove after the holidays, or finally an epiphany about using food for comfort, but whatever it is I'll take it.
    I hope everyone is doing well. "

Nice job getting back in the groove, WE CAN do this! Sorry to hear about your friend, hoping it's NOT serious! Btw, I so love shopping at Trader Joes, usually spend way to much money! I take hubby since with him I DON'T just throw stuff in the cart, lmao! Last time I went I spent $70 ON JUST pumpkin things, lol! Ok, so I have stuff to last ALL year!

Jackie
  • hairfox52
    hairfox52 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Okay so today was stressful and I know I'm an emotional eater. The good news is I started the day with my exercise and was able to go longer in my yoga which is how i choose to begin and felt good before the stress happened. The other thing is for the first time i caught myself with those binging feelings before they happened and was able to talk myself out of them. YAY!!:bigsmile:

I hope everyone else is doing well and embracing this challenge for what it is...."Believing in Yourself" !!
  • klymt918
    klymt918 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The biggest challenge for me is definately going to be the physical activity portion. I am extremely consistent with logging my food, and I never have trouble staying under my calorie budget. I know that in order for me to create this healthy habit of being physically active everyday, I will have to schedule it into my day so that I know when it needs to be done, and what exactly I need to do. Being 30 weeks pregnant, my physical activity won't be anything too extrordinary, the last two days I have been doing light stretching and strengthening. I am alright with that, because my only goal is to make it a habit to be active everyday. Slow progress is better than no progress!!
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Getting on great so far! I work some weekends doing food marketing, so there is always temptation in the form of little sample pots, but these last few days I've been thinking 'nope, otherwise I have to log it and deal with the calories - not worth it' - so thanks! Exercise isn't much of a bother for me, I usually cycle to work/run/strength train most days, but it is keeping me active on my rest day, which is great!
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Today I started a 12 week running course online. Last year I ran a half marathon for the first time. I was stone last but I made it and this year I am hoping to learn a bit more about running properly. I'm very slow but it's better than two years ago when I had not run, even to catch a bus, in over 20 years. I had major surgery a few months ago and have lost a fair bit of fitness so I have a way to go in order to beat my very slow pace but there are 4 months to go so there is time.
    Well done everyone- hope we manage to keep it together and have close to 100% still in by month end
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Today I started a 12 week running course online. Last year I ran a half marathon for the first time. I was stone last but I made it and this year I am hoping to learn a bit more about running properly. I'm very slow but it's better than two years ago when I had not run, even to catch a bus, in over 20 years. I had major surgery a few months ago and have lost a fair bit of fitness so I have a way to go in order to beat my very slow pace but there are 4 months to go so there is time.
    Well done everyone- hope we manage to keep it together and have close to 100% still in by month end

Hi,
    I was wondering to know about the running course
    please and thank you in advance.
    Glenda.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Okay so today was stressful and I know I'm an emotional eater. The good news is I started the day with my exercise and was able to go longer in my yoga which is how i choose to begin and felt good before the stress happened. The other thing is for the first time i caught myself with those binging feelings before they happened and was able to talk myself out of them. YAY!!:bigsmile:

I hope everyone else is doing well and embracing this challenge for what it is...."Believing in Yourself" !!

ABSOLUTELY!! YOU ARE AMAZING!! :drinker:
  • advocaresuperstar
    advocaresuperstar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How many people did you start and finish with for last month's challenge?
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you, jagreene...still achy : ( today is Day 5...I've been sleeping on the couch and I think its getting a tad better...always worse in the morning though so it's hard to say for sure....I told my husband I want to borrow his pillow tonight...he's got a high end one (if there is such a thing!)...so I may have steal it from him permanently if it helps! haha :laugh:
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all for continuing to push forward! I have did good so far with actually logging exercise, which I did not do until the challenge. 3 days down and 25 to go, just what I need to get out of this plateau I was on.
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi Glenda: I have sent you a message in response to your question about running courses....there are loads and I am not sure which are best and what kind of running you want to do

I meant to quote Glenda's message but I must have been in too much of a hurry
  • kalasuuru
    kalasuuru Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

This is my first UAC and I am so amazed by the amount of support everyone has already given me..and it's only day 4!! I'm so impressed. I have struggled with weight issues for so long, and I just want to stay healthy for the long haul. I owe it to myself. Getting to the gym has been a challenge, and staying on top of tracking has been a challenge as well! I want to be more active so that I can be motivated to complete the challenge and I already feel like it's working. I went to the gym last night because I was so worried about my fitness goals! One of my favorite classes was cancelled, so I just did the elliptical for 35 min and was so proud of myself :) It felt good to report it yesterday. I just hope I can keep it up!

34536967.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bigonroad
    bigonroad Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeh, I had a terrible lunch time - went out with the wife to an all you can eat place. Difficult to be certain, but I'm pretty sure it was around 2,500 calories. Which takes me around 1,500 over for today. Soo.... I'm off the the gym. Let's see what happens there...!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I was soooo tired when I got in from work today, and really wanted a treat dinner. Instead though, I did my exercise dvd and made some fairly healthy choices for dinner, so all good. Only thanks to this challenge, so thank you all for doing it!!!
  • Kaytee86
    Kaytee86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm doing all right so far. I know I could be doing better, but I have always found February hard. I barely see the sun during winter (at work before sunrise and only get about half an hour or so before sunset in the evening), so I always feel slouchy. And the weather makes going outside more difficult (which sucks because during the nicer months I love going on long walks.) So just a bit of down feeling at the moment.

I have been trying to eat better and kind of succeeding. Although I really need to learn to cook more exciting healthy food. That's a challenge for me. I've never really liked cooking before, but have recently started getting more into it. So now I'm working on trying to find varieties of things I like so I'm not always making the same things. I get bored easily.

Anyway, this whole post is sounded very complainy....sorry. Really I'm starting to do good and am proud that I'm working so hard to try to improve.
  • bloodhoundlady
    bloodhoundlady Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So far so good. It is hard when I work my weekend nights but I found running up and down the hospital steps on my breaks gets me my time in. Today got out for a nice morning run. It was gorgeous and sunny and a heat wave of 19 degrees but got 55 min of running in. I have been tracking since I started in jan so that part is actually pretty easy. Tonight we are expecting 8-12 inches of snow then ice on top of that so it should be interesting on how to get my exercise time . I got some leslie sansone and bl dvds so will probally using those for the next couple of days.
  • fragile123
    fragile123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's going well. Usually Sunday is my rest day, but I wound up running/jogging/walking 5k to be true to this challenge. Fortunately the weather cooperated.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    How many people did you start and finish with for last month's challenge?

Not sure....Caradae may have the answer to this. You can PM her if you would like to.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hey All,

This is my first UAC and I am so amazed by the amount of support everyone has already given me..and it's only day 4!! I'm so impressed. I have struggled with weight issues for so long, and I just want to stay healthy for the long haul. I owe it to myself. Getting to the gym has been a challenge, and staying on top of tracking has been a challenge as well! I want to be more active so that I can be motivated to complete the challenge and I already feel like it's working. I went to the gym last night because I was so worried about my fitness goals! One of my favorite classes was cancelled, so I just did the elliptical for 35 min and was so proud of myself :) It felt good to report it yesterday. I just hope I can keep it up!

GREAT ATTITUDE!! :bigsmile: Way to stay at the gym and find an alternative too. YOU GOT THIS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Yeh, I had a terrible lunch time - went out with the wife to an all you can eat place. Difficult to be certain, but I'm pretty sure it was around 2,500 calories. Which takes me around 1,500 over for today. Soo.... I'm off the the gym. Let's see what happens there...!

OUCH!! Yeah, those all you can eat places can be a real SHOCKER!!! :drinker: Hope it all worked out okay!!